Zak's return?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Zak's return?

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Dec 2017, 13:55

I thought resurrections were for Easter, not Christmas!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 15 Dec 2017, 14:06

Saulbic wrote:
Scoopage wrote:The hard thing to do is forget about his quality as a rugby player and concentrate on the fact the bloke took an illegal substance and how he let team mates and fans down badly.because imo he is one of the top 5 full backs in the world doesn’t mean we should welcome him back.if it was a player less skilful from our squad say Hitchcox or Keiran Gill we would be wanting rid and a example made of them.you can’t be blind sided by who he his and how good a player he is.its just morally wrong
Rangi got plenty of chances at cas. It's Zak's first mistake here, forgive and forget I say...
Did Carney get a second chance. Forgive and forget all that

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 15 Dec 2017, 14:57

Was Zak stitched up ( although most of us know he was completely out of order taking a banned substance allegedly )
Conspiracy theory, 1, Leeds knew when playing for them, he was taking something illegal, ' never tested over a 2 year period. 2, Leeds sell him for £150,000 to near neighbours and rivals Castleford, knowing he is taking a substance.
3, Zak is pulled in for a drug test after playing against Leeds , and to save face, because of his immense talent he has helped Castleford win the LLS, and are favourites to win the Grand Final, probably meeting Leeds in the final.
Have LEEDS pulled a fast one, just asking like.

Saulbic

Post by Saulbic » 15 Dec 2017, 16:09

Dez wrote:
Saulbic wrote:
Scoopage wrote:The hard thing to do is forget about his quality as a rugby player and concentrate on the fact the bloke took an illegal substance and how he let team mates and fans down badly.because imo he is one of the top 5 full backs in the world doesn’t mean we should welcome him back.if it was a player less skilful from our squad say Hitchcox or Keiran Gill we would be wanting rid and a example made of them.you can’t be blind sided by who he his and how good a player he is.its just morally wrong
Rangi got plenty of chances at cas. It's Zak's first mistake here, forgive and forget I say...
Did Carney get a second chance. Forgive and forget all that
Bit different....

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 15 Dec 2017, 17:14

fast hands wrote:Was Zak stitched up ( although most of us know he was completely out of order taking a banned substance allegedly )
Conspiracy theory, 1, Leeds knew when playing for them, he was taking something illegal, ' never tested over a 2 year period. 2, Leeds sell him for £150,000 to near neighbours and rivals Castleford, knowing he is taking a substance.
3, Zak is pulled in for a drug test after playing against Leeds , and to save face, because of his immense talent he has helped Castleford win the LLS, and are favourites to win the Grand Final, probably meeting Leeds in the final.
No....

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 15 Dec 2017, 18:08

fast hands wrote:Was Zak stitched up ( although most of us know he was completely out of order taking a banned substance allegedly )

To be perfectly honest I believe a huge part of all the Zak situation was The Loiner Connection !!!!

Here we'd got, by default admittedly, one of their best players who was now playing even better than he did for them.

He'd endeared himself to all the supporters in every interview since day one from admitting that he didn't care if they won or lost to wanting to be a legendary photograph as a Cas player on the clubhouse walls.

The kid was absolutely flying whenever he played them and tore them to pieces whenever we played them last season. We loved him in that selfishly cheeky little way of " he's ours now not yours and just look how even better he's gonna get with us "

As much as it pains me to say that the best team won at Old Trafford I do believe that his absence was the biggest single factor in our defeat.

It's also strange that I feel incredibly disappointed just watching any highlights from last season when he is in the team... even though there were games ie Salford and Dragons away which I feel we would have lost without him.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 15 Dec 2017, 19:22

Doesn't he have 4 years left with us? We keep him on a contract but paid less for next 2 years to look after himself and keep himself in shape while working elsewhere then have him back. As long as things are good between him and the club.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 15 Dec 2017, 20:14

Fumper27 wrote:
sparky49 wrote:We did give Dwain Chambers a chance when no-one would.
That’s because everyone else knew he wasn’t a bloody RL player!!!
That made me laugh aha

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 15 Dec 2017, 20:18

And to clear a few things up, I know alot of Zak's circle pretty well, and Leeds doing us over is not the case. He's been the same ever since he lived in Ferrybridge with his grandma. Been on coke since he was 18.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Dec 2017, 22:47

Just hearsay but l am led to believe that the drug culture both performance enhancing and recreational is more prevalent in sport thanin the general population if this is the case it makes one wonder about the effectiveness of the agencies charged with policing sport.
Wiggings and Armistead both escaped sanction whilst clearly in breach of procedures but escape sanction.
We then have the ludicrous situation with Zac and the inordinate length of time to come to a decision.
If guilty surely two year ban ,l have not read anywhere of an appeal.
So why oh why the delay.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 15 Dec 2017, 23:06

Saulbic wrote:https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/r ... -1-8908563

I'd have him back, knows where the white line is.

Thoughts?
Arf.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 16 Dec 2017, 00:53

A lot of people on here are hypoctites.

They would be willing to get rid of other players who are not as good as Hardaker. In my view there should be no difference between the best player or the most junior. Get rid of! If Hardaker stays it means the team spirit and high morals that DP has instilled mean absolutely sod all.

People say Hardaker should stay because we paid £150k for him, well we all knew that was a gamble the club took and he still shafted us. If he stays and we have to pay him his full wage then it will cost the club another £250k for him to sit on his arse. And then people moan we cant buy quality players.

Finally, I read the Andrew Johns autobiography. Johns suffered from bi-polar and for years during the season he would get absolutely drunk and be found slumped in the corner of pubs. His club, his team mates, supporters and journalists all knew he had a problem but because he was the worlds best player everybody kept quiet. So he never had to face up to his problem, or suffer consequences for his actions, until after he retired and got arrested in London for possession of drugs.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Dec 2017, 09:12

Most of our fans are expecting a two year ban , sooner our dirty washing is put out to dry it will be better for all parties concerned, the club can not move on till he as been in front of the powers that be, can anyone tell me why it takes so long to appear in front of these people

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 16 Dec 2017, 10:11

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:A lot of people on here are hypoctites.

They would be willing to get rid of other players who are not as good as Hardaker. In my view there should be no difference between the best player or the most junior. Get rid of! If Hardaker stays it means the team spirit and high morals that DP has instilled mean absolutely sod all.

People say Hardaker should stay because we paid £150k for him, well we all knew that was a gamble the club took and he still shafted us. If he stays and we have to pay him his full wage then it will cost the club another £250k for him to sit on his arse. And then people moan we cant buy quality players.

Finally, I read the Andrew Johns autobiography. Johns suffered from bi-polar and for years during the season he would get absolutely drunk and be found slumped in the corner of pubs. His club, his team mates, supporters and journalists all knew he had a problem but because he was the worlds best player everybody kept quiet. So he never had to face up to his problem, or suffer consequences for his actions, until after he retired and got arrested in London for possession of drugs.
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a clause in every player's contract relating to their wages during a suspension. He won't be getting paid £100k a year to sit at home.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Dec 2017, 11:00

I look at it this way. If Zak does get a 2 year ban. In 2 years we have the chance of getting who I consider to be the best full in the world last year. As a club in a results driven business I could not over look this. The second thing is I do not wanting coming to Weldon Road in 2 years getting a man of the match performance and scoring a hat trick for Wigan. We are in a position where we can keep him and not sell to rivals. And so from that point of view I’d keep him. That’s my opinion and I know we all have our own.

Goat's Toe

Post by Goat's Toe » 16 Dec 2017, 11:08

I'm trying to think of any player who's missed 2 domestic seasons - whether it be for a ban, injury, giving union a go, playing in the NRL etc - who's been as good on their return as they were prior to their departure. Zak might be that exception - but then again he might well not.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Dec 2017, 13:20

Hudson came back mostly the same player (big head and overrated but still decent)
Audacter Et Sincere

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Dec 2017, 14:17

drleftie wrote:

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a clause in every player's contract relating to their wages during a suspension. He won't be getting paid £100k a year to sit at home.
Absolutely spot on post. Sadly this was then followed by a post that reflects society. How anyone wants to keep hin after what he has done is beyond me.

It seems its all about money and making sure nobody else signs him. Pathetic.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 16 Dec 2017, 14:27

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
drleftie wrote:

Absolutely spot on post. Sadly this was then followed by a post that reflects society. How anyone wants to keep hin after what he has done is beyond me.

It seems its all about money and making sure nobody else signs him. Pathetic.
I'm sure a lot of peoples thoughts are tainted by the amount of money Cas have paid out for the services of Zak, the club must also have this at the back of their minds. I do however think you're going slightly over the top with the "after what he's done" . He's taken a class A recreational drug, he hasn't killed anyone, he's been stupid and probably arrogant and very selfish but that's it, let's not make him into Charles Manson. FWIW, Cas are in a bit of a hole, if he's found guilty and Cas sack him then he'd become a free agent so could sign for another club, and there would be plenty of takers, other clubs would take a chance as his indiscretions happened at Cas. A tough one.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 16 Dec 2017, 15:56

Just saying, for Powell it is like a business and he has to get the best deals and hold onto his assets. All the people in this thread saying that it isn't about money or talent are daft because that is all it is about. The amount of dirty players that have done wrong but are still regarded as top class is rediculous. Look at what Taumolalo and Fifita just did in the world cup. As far as I am concerned if it isnt worth the money then don't keep him. If it is then do. All this about "he let us down" so what. All players do at some point