James Clare

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: James Clare

Post by Show 'n' Go » 06 Dec 2017, 10:59

One thing that has surprised me about James Clare is his try scoring record. 6 in 5 for Leigh, 18 in 24 for Bradford (I think) and his strike rate for us was pretty impressive.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of that French lad Miloudi who is on trial. Could potentially be a dark horse to take over the 1 shirt.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 06 Dec 2017, 13:26

Le Van wrote:I know what Jamie Ellis said about Benny being moved to full back but now I'm thinking more along the lines of Eden to one which is where we signed him to play originally.

This will give us the opportunity to see what kind of season we would have had last time round if we hadn't signed Hardaker afterwards.

Obviously the number 5 shirt will be fought over by Clare, Lo & the other outside backs now.
My thoughts exactly when this was confirmed, its going to be Eden as main fullback with Roberts the option, depending which is performing worse for the team in Ellis or Eden, probably using either Roberts or Ellis of the bench.

Young French lad is obviously a project with no first grade experience, I cannot see a fullback coming in now think we're done.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Dec 2017, 15:37

here I am again, we have on our books the ENGLAND under 19s full back , every time it is mentioned on the forum who is going to play full back, it must fill this lad with confidence that no one seems to think he is worth a shot, Bennys name keeps being put forward as our full back anyone know what is last injury was ?? to sign James Clare with our cover for wing I think the club see him as a full back

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Dec 2017, 15:43

gateman wrote:here I am again, we have on our books the ENGLAND under 19s full back , every time it is mentioned on the forum who is going to play full back, it must fill this lad with confidence that no one seems to think he is worth a shot, Bennys name keeps being put forward as our full back anyone know what is last injury was ?? to sign James Clare with our cover for wing I think the club see him as a full back
England under 19s is a completely different level to Super League. As yet, he’s only ever played against other players his own age. That’s not to say he won’t make it, but throwing a 19 year old into regular super league in a position like full-back risks destroying his confidence and damaging his long-term potential.
Powell sees him train every day and in the under 19s. I trust his judgement on when he is ready to come into the first team.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 06 Dec 2017, 16:24

nottinghamtiger wrote:
gateman wrote:here I am again, we have on our books the ENGLAND under 19s full back , every time it is mentioned on the forum who is going to play full back, it must fill this lad with confidence that no one seems to think he is worth a shot, Bennys name keeps being put forward as our full back anyone know what is last injury was ?? to sign James Clare with our cover for wing I think the club see him as a full back
England under 19s is a completely different level to Super League. As yet, he’s only ever played against other players his own age. That’s not to say he won’t make it, but throwing a 19 year old into regular super league in a position like full-back risks destroying his confidence and damaging his long-term potential.
Powell sees him train every day and in the under 19s. I trust his judgement on when he is ready to come into the first team.
Spot on!

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 06 Dec 2017, 16:30

I have to side with Gateman , give the young u'ns a chance, Leeds have with Walker.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 06 Dec 2017, 16:48

Thought they started last season with ash golding as they didn't think walker was at an age where he would be able to play super league week in week out and he only got his chance through injury

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 06 Dec 2017, 16:49

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Leeds did exactly that what's the difference between them and us

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Dec 2017, 17:00

Oldcasman wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
I don’t think they did. Walker did not start the season at Leeds as first choice full back. He played one Super League game before June and then a further 9 at the end of the season.
If one of our young players gets a chance on the first team and make themselves undroppable then fair enough, but going into the season with a kid as first choice full back is asking for trouble in my view.
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on 06 Dec 2017, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

DurhamCas

Post by DurhamCas » 06 Dec 2017, 17:01

Wasnt it Clare at full back when we got thrashed at FC few seasons back?

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 06 Dec 2017, 17:08

No he played left wing that day just where we were all sat

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Dec 2017, 17:11

fast hands wrote:I have to side with Gateman , give the young u'ns a chance, Leeds have with Walker.
They didn’t go into the season with him as first-choice though.

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 06 Dec 2017, 17:21

I’m sure DP will play young Turner in due course providing he’s good enough. Not everyone who plays for England Academy is good enough for Super League. Although one player I feel we must keep is young Trueman, out of all the kids we have produced in the past few years , he is special and up their with Daryl Clark at his age. I’m not getting a good feeling about him being with us after next year , as Wigan and Warrington are all over him , let’s hope we keep hold of him.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 06 Dec 2017, 17:36

wed didnt really produce him. we signed him from bradford last year. one who could be very good though

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Dec 2017, 18:24

Oldcasman wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
8 SL titles and several CC wins and WCC winners Better ground, more fans. Apart from that nothing really.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 06 Dec 2017, 20:05

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
8 SL titles and several CC wins and WCC winners Better ground, more fans. Apart from that nothing really.
So having these lets them play a young kid and stops us playing one don't be silly

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 06 Dec 2017, 20:45

I'm not sure James Clare will be keeping Trueman out of the team though to be fair.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Dec 2017, 20:54

I keep hearing players are too young and inexperienced to play super league at 19 years of age, as anyone any information what age our current squad members made their super league debuts ??

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 06 Dec 2017, 23:35

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

What about the drains and the roads. .......?

And don't mention Brian cos he's a very. ....

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 06 Dec 2017, 23:51

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Wow, you do realise these things come in cycles? There's negativity and negativity but I just don't get that last paragraph at all, all the Leeds trophies are now in the past, onwards and upwards for you.......Isn't it???