DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: DRUGS

Post by JIN JER » 10 Oct 2017, 13:12

I wonder if Zak has been taking coke during the past season, just riding his luck, he only had to wait three weeks and the season would be over, he could have hoovered up all he wanted for six weeks, assuming that he wasn't gonna be in the England squad.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 10 Oct 2017, 13:22

JIN JER wrote:I wonder if Zak has been taking coke during the past season, just riding his luck, he only had to wait three weeks and the season would be over, he could have hoovered up all he wanted for six weeks, assuming that he wasn't gonna be in the England squad.
My question would be, has he or anyone else ever stopped taking it? isn’t it in and out of the system in the space of about 48hrs? No wonder rumours are rife that so so many in the game are dicing with danger if that happens to be the case.

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 12 Oct 2017, 10:38

I would like to ask does the club have a drug testing policy if not why not it just might help the club and it’s staff in the future by adding a extra safe guard for the clubs investments and extra deterent for the staff
Drug testing in the work place is becoming more common so it can be done.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Oct 2017, 11:21

I think someone asked Michael Carter the same question and he wanswered that it was extremely expensive. I suppose if you're testing 28 players every week then you'd either have to purchase the machines to do the task or pay a neutral chemist to do 28 different tests weekly, I can't see either option being cheap.
Ps, just done a simple Google search, the minimum is £30+Vat pp, up to £130+Vat pp dependant on certain criteria. If a positive sample is returned then it can be re tested for £90+Vat pp.
The minimum weekly outlay would be £980.

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 12 Oct 2017, 13:02

Johnlewis1920 wrote:I would like to ask does the club have a drug testing policy if not why not it just might help the club and it’s staff in the future by adding a extra safe guard for the clubs investments and extra deterent for the staff
Drug testing in the work place is becoming more common so it can be done.
Not sure how anyone on here would know that, maybe it should be a e-mail asking the club. Although I see your point , I believe it would be very difficult to police .

tigers8rhinos

Post by tigers8rhinos » 12 Oct 2017, 18:02

maybe zak and his rep could come up with this unbelievable story of he was carried away in a sex act. look up the story of canadian pole vaulter shawn barber unbelievable they swallowed that mind the pun

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 12 Oct 2017, 19:54

What's this petition that's doing the rounds? Anyone seen it?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 12 Oct 2017, 20:21

Ive seen it.
Basically a petition to RFL requesting leniency for recreational drug users , and saying these players need support and counselling .

Normyford2

Post by Normyford2 » 12 Oct 2017, 20:31

I agree with this petition, it's not a rugby issue it's a society issue! There's no gain whatsoever for them, if anything it's negative on performance!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Oct 2017, 20:44

takethetwo wrote:Ive seen it.
Basically a petition to RFL requesting leniency for recreational drug users , and saying these players need support and counselling .
Really, so its nothing to do with who he hangs around with. He has a choice and made the wrong one. I don't believe he has any mental health issues and its probably not the first time he's taken it this season if you ask me.

I could name you 2 others right now that were on it only the weekend before the GF.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Oct 2017, 21:14

fords wrote:
Really, so its nothing to do with who he hangs around with. He has a choice and made the wrong one. I don't believe he has any mental health issues and its probably not the first time he's taken it this season if you ask me.

I could name you 2 others right now that were on it only the weekend before the GF.
Both ex cas players if you're talking about the same two as me

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Oct 2017, 21:23

Fumper27 wrote:
fords wrote:

Both ex cas players if you're talking about the same two as me
yes its probably the same 2

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Oct 2017, 22:01

fords wrote:

I could name you 2 others right now that were on it only 2 weekends before the GF.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Oct 2017, 08:23

No leniency from me, he gets paid a fortune compared with most of us, he knew where the line was drawn and arrogantly crossed it, ban him three years.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Oct 2017, 11:13

JIN JER wrote:No leniency from me, he gets paid a fortune compared with most of us, he knew where the line was drawn and arrogantly SNIFFED it, ban him three years.
Corrected for accuracy!!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Oct 2017, 11:31

Fumper27 wrote:
JIN JER wrote:No leniency from me, he gets paid a fortune compared with most of us, he knew where the line was drawn and arrogantly SNIFFED it, ban him three years.
Corrected for accuracy!!
Absolutely

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Oct 2017, 12:31

dropped on a lady CAS supporter whilst walking in Normanton. she remarked what a good looking always smiling and very nice chap to talk to KAC always had time to sign autographs for the kids , to throw all this away plus a reported £100,000 a year, to shove some white powder up your nose for an high the lad must be totally stupid

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Oct 2017, 12:34

Too many Cas fans in Normy at the moment for my liking, the sooner the wheels fall off the better? :)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Oct 2017, 14:11

JIN JER wrote:he knew where the line was drawn.
[-X [-X [-X :D

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Oct 2017, 17:42

nottinghamtiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:he knew where the line was drawn.
[-X [-X [-X :D
I think I must have been a little too subtle there. :)