Has Castleford become tarnished?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Has Castleford become tarnished?

Post by casfanfromcov » 12 Oct 2017, 00:07

Most of you live in a Rugby League area, where people know what a fantastic club Castleford are, but what about people in the rest of the UK? I play football with a group of lads in Coventry, one of them mentioned tonight he recently went to watch Coventry Bears for the first time. When I mentioned in reply that I went to watch my team Castleford in the Grand Final on Saturday his immediate response was "Is that the team who had a player fail a drugs test?". It's worrying that a lot of people around the UK could also make this connection with Cas, due to the major headlines it got, which were far bigger in the national press than the headlines when we won the League Leaders Shield

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Has Castleford become tarnished?

Post by Alwayscas » 12 Oct 2017, 01:15

At least we know Castleford Tigers are now known all over the country. Always been in the press all year, mainly for the rugby we have played.
I for one am always Proud to say I'm a Castleford Tigers supporter, been out tonight in Wakefield and seen a couple of people in Castleford Tigers tops.
Brother in laws have asked me to buy 3 new Castleford Tigers new home and away shirts for them to wear down in Torquay.
Great season we have all had ( one poor result).
Roll on next season.
COYF

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 12 Oct 2017, 05:09

All publicity is good publicity right??

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 12 Oct 2017, 06:58

InTheKnow wrote:All publicity is good publicity right??
Ask Harvey Weinstien.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Oct 2017, 07:12

casfanfromcov wrote:Most of you live in a Rugby League area, where people know what a fantastic club Castleford are, but what about people in the rest of the UK? I play football with a group of lads in Coventry, one of them mentioned tonight he recently went to watch Coventry Bears for the first time. When I mentioned in reply that I went to watch my team Castleford in the Grand Final on Saturday his immediate response was "Is that the team who had a player fail a drugs test?". It's worrying that a lot of people around the UK could also make this connection with Cas, due to the major headlines it got, which were far bigger in the national press than the headlines when we won the League Leaders Shield
As I said last week the Rugby Union biased national media were always going to big this story up as soon as it broke
Fortunately because of their bias and the fact our season is over it will very quickly be forgotten news, particularly as Zak has no RU connections.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 12 Oct 2017, 08:34

don't think we are remotely tarnished tbh.noone I've spoken to blames anyone bar Zak for his conduct and the club have done nothing to bring themselves into repute.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 12 Oct 2017, 09:13

This drug problem that exists as we all know is worldwide and until harder and longer penalties are given to those selling and putting these drugs about we will see more people with this addiction it's not just one town that's affected

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Oct 2017, 09:24

Whether we are tarnished will depend on the individual reading the story.
What annoyed me was the big story it became and overshadowed our big day, which for SG and DP especially must have been devastating, as it was bad enough for the fans. I took no pleasure from the build up once the speculation started, and it went a long way to spoil the previous few months pleasures. I would think a lot of people from other clubs were rubbing their hands with glee after our season of headlines and "good things".
It demonstrates the fragility of fame and the fickleness of Joe public, reading comments across this forum cements this view.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Oct 2017, 10:10

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
casfanfromcov wrote:Most of you live in a Rugby League area, where people know what a fantastic club Castleford are, but what about people in the rest of the UK? I play football with a group of lads in Coventry, one of them mentioned tonight he recently went to watch Coventry Bears for the first time. When I mentioned in reply that I went to watch my team Castleford in the Grand Final on Saturday his immediate response was "Is that the team who had a player fail a drugs test?". It's worrying that a lot of people around the UK could also make this connection with Cas, due to the major headlines it got, which were far bigger in the national press than the headlines when we won the League Leaders Shield
As I said last week the Rugby Union biased national media were always going to big this story up as soon as it broke
Fortunately because of their bias and the fact our season is over it will very quickly be forgotten news, particularly as Zak has no RU connections.
Don't the RU think it happens in their game? Most RU players are of a similar age to RL players, young (apart from forwards in Union), paid very well and have a social life, if it's rife in league then I'm pretty sure it will be rife in Union, the RU have always been a dab hand at deflection!
They have a drug problem too.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... y-12515591
Last edited by JIN JER on 12 Oct 2017, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Oct 2017, 10:17

Think they have more of it according to the figure but they have more clout over the way things get presented

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 12 Oct 2017, 10:18

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Think they have more of it according to the figure but they have more clout over the way things get presented
Correct

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 12 Oct 2017, 15:59

Ratner ?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Oct 2017, 16:24

It was good for all the other jewellers!!

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 12 Oct 2017, 16:45

TT Tiger wrote:
Ratner ?
It made people realise that they were buying overpriced tat

tigers8rhinos

Post by tigers8rhinos » 12 Oct 2017, 18:21

maybe all news is not bad been speaking to people as i travel round at work a lot who dont follow rl think we are one of the major clubs in rl. with the zak coverage stating cas and england fullback this following on from the previous snake saga people seem to now believe we must be a huge club. hopefully more see us as a major player now even if gained via these headlines then next year when we wipe all before us people will say oh yes thats cas tigers

beardymouse

Post by beardymouse » 12 Oct 2017, 21:54

The club is more likely to be tarnished by people like the imbeciles fighting each other in the stands at Old Trafford last weekend.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 13 Oct 2017, 10:29

beardymouse wrote:The club is more likely to be tarnished by people like the imbeciles fighting each other in the stands at Old Trafford last weekend.
yep we have an ugly few who get tanked up and tbh are very sore losers.it wasn't noticed much last year as we won most matches but they are a ticking time bomb.