DRUGS

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: DRUGS

Post by InTheKnow » 09 Oct 2017, 17:10

dancas88 wrote:Having been where Zak is now (although not in the limelight like he is) the club should not give up on him. Yes reduce his wages but don't bin him
Agree with this. We shouldn't give up. Offer him help and it may pay off in the long run

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: RFL Statement - Zak Hardaker

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Oct 2017, 17:46

TheSheriff wrote:So if he failed on 8th September, which genius thought it wise to wait until 2 hours before the 19 man squad for the Grand Final was due to be announced, nearly a month after the failed test? Appalling stuff by UKAD. They could have done it weeks ago.
Not sure if this has been answered as going through the thread so apologies if it has. But: he was only tested on the 8th. The results won't have come back until later after it's actually been tested and lab results back.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigers8rhinos

Post by tigers8rhinos » 09 Oct 2017, 17:59

will be interesting to see what punishment ban is imposed by rfl. they could find themselves facing a discrimination case if they impose more than a 12 game ban as they have allowed ben barba to join super league after is 12 match ban. if a longer ban is given it could therefore be seen as unfair against british homegrown talent by a top lawyer as both players are guilty of same offence and taking same substance would the rfl what to risk a discrimination challenge in court

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Oct 2017, 18:05

tigers8rhinos wrote:will be interesting to see what punishment ban is imposed by rfl. they could find themselves facing a discrimination case if they impose more than a 12 game ban as they have allowed ben barba to join super league after is 12 match ban. if a longer ban is given it could therefore be seen as unfair against british homegrown talent by a top lawyer as both players are guilty of same offence and taking same substance would the rfl what to risk a discrimination challenge in court
Totally different case
Different rules in Oz
Barba wasn't caught by a governing body I think it was his club
Barba was caught off season not mid season
Different rules and regulations in Australia about recreational drugs to UKAD

tigers8rhinos

Post by tigers8rhinos » 09 Oct 2017, 18:13

sure some top lawyer could argue why he should serve a 500% longer ban in the same sport 60 games against 12 otherwise every aussie with a ban could come here

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 09 Oct 2017, 18:14

tigers8rhinos wrote:sure some top lawyer could argue why he should serve a 500% longer ban in the same sport 60 games against 12 otherwise every aussie with a ban could come here
Nope totally different circumstances

tigers8rhinos

Post by tigers8rhinos » 09 Oct 2017, 18:21

just hoping we could get him less than 2 years. personally i dont want to see him in a cas shirt again he as let the town down dp down put most of all in a team sport is team mates down. just hoping we could get it reduced to somehow offload him to maybe toronto or union. this could be best for us and him as we could maybe get some off our outlay back and for zac who could get far away from the morons who hangs with now. dont want to see him do something stupid through depression like others have

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 09 Oct 2017, 21:25

TownvillesTiger wrote:Christ imagine the uproar had we have won the match and this would have come out today!
Exactly TT. The club knew the circumstances and had no option.

Cant believe that some Cas fans that had no idea of what went on kept bleating that Cas should have played him.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Oct 2017, 21:37

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:
TownvillesTiger wrote:Christ imagine the uproar had we have won the match and this would have come out today!

Cant believe that some Cas fans that had no idea of what went on kept bleating that Cas should have played him.
What sort of statement is that ? If people didn't know what do you expect them to say. ](*,)

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 09 Oct 2017, 21:39

The bizarre fracas story involving him was a load of rubbish then? And the tactics thing?

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 09 Oct 2017, 22:37

Can someone explain why the RFL and official Castleford statement doesn't mention cocaine?

When widnes, Wakefield and the RFL released statement on Walker and chase they both mentioned testing positive for cocaine. What's the difference in Zaks case if that's what he's done?

And I realise the BBC and another news outlet has named coke as the substance but that doesn't answer the question above

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Normyford2

Post by Normyford2 » 09 Oct 2017, 22:42

A few online rumours that he isn't the only Castleford player involved. Let's hope it's not true because I have only read that on another forum, but I remember the one about another cas player and presentation night

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Oct 2017, 23:50

I hear now that a certain Leeds three quarter has also failed a drugs test. We shall wait and see what comes out.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2017, 23:55

I would imagine its widespread this might just be the begining of people being found out
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Oct 2017, 05:15

Christ imagine the uproar had we have won the match and this would have come out today!

Do you think if "Some Cas fans" knew the circumstances they would have said this? This kind of thing will always drsw speculation as to what has happened. If only some of ts mere mortals were "In the know" then maybe we wouldnt need to question things or "Keep bleating".

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 10 Oct 2017, 07:17

Normyford2 wrote:A few online rumours that he isn't the only Castleford player involved. Let's hope it's not true because I have only read that on another forum, but I remember the one about another cas player and presentation night
This is true unfortunately

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 10 Oct 2017, 07:20

therailwayendisnigh wrote:
Normyford2 wrote:A few online rumours that he isn't the only Castleford player involved. Let's hope it's not true because I have only read that on another forum, but I remember the one about another cas player and presentation night
Oh what now )-:

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 10 Oct 2017, 07:42

Mr XP wrote:Can someone explain why the RFL and official Castleford statement doesn't mention cocaine?

When widnes, Wakefield and the RFL released statement on Walker and chase they both mentioned testing positive for cocaine. What's the difference in Zaks case if that's what he's done?

And I realise the BBC and another news outlet has named coke as the substance but that doesn't answer the question above
I also find this to be rather strange. Can't find rfl statements anywhere regarding these players only club statements

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Oct 2017, 07:46

there are many fans out there that would love the heart to be taken out of our great club and have hated us having a such a fantastic season , they post things they hope are true but have no substance anything to try and pull us down, I would take these posts with a pinch of salt

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 10 Oct 2017, 07:53

therailwayendisnigh wrote:
Think if it's true that there was a problem after the presentation night (and I keep hearing these rumours too), then there is a lesson for the club in it.

Presentation nights are for when the season has ended, not when it is still going on and there is a game the day after. I know you should be able to trust adults to behave themselves but why take the risk that they won't? You hold the presentation night after the season has finished and if the problem with the booking of the venue then you find another venue.

When you have important games to play that should be the sole focus.