new forward to be announced

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: new forward to be announced

Post by lidds » 13 Aug 2017, 21:43

In this week's league express...

Big news on an English forward that has secured his return to Super League for 2018… and he could well be Castleford’s mystery signing.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 13 Aug 2017, 21:48

Well it says on the top left Of The front cover "Tigers sign NRL star"

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Aug 2017, 22:17

lidds wrote:In this week's league express...

Big news on an English forward that has secured his return to Super League for 2018… and he could well be Castleford’s mystery signing.
Maybe but the big money comes in from TV. Wonder what the impact of no home Catalans games on Saturdays will be
I would rather either see the league expanded or lose a poorly supported M 62 sides with no away fans

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Aug 2017, 22:19

Sorry wrong quote
I was responding to Nottingham Tiger!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 13 Aug 2017, 22:44

nottinghamtiger wrote:We might pick someone up from a relegated team.
I'm hoping Catalans go down - Bousqet would be a nice addition.
Very much so...

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Aug 2017, 22:55

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
lidds wrote:In this week's league express...

Maybe but the big money comes in from TV. Wonder what the impact of no home Catalans games on Saturdays will be
I would rather either see the league expanded or lose a poorly supported M 62 sides with no away fans
The French broadcasting rights are agreed directly with Catalans. No money goes to other SL clubs.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 01:22

Fair enough. We will have to agree to differ.
I am by the way very keen on having both Hull clubs in SL having lived in Hull for 6 years when the two clubs were winning everything and the whole city was bleeding RL
I would rather have an expanded SL or lose Leigh or Salford though than Catalans. Just a personal opinion.
By the way, spent ten years in two spells at Nottingham too. Would have loved the game to have caught on there. But Harvey Haddon was never the place.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 Aug 2017, 10:02

fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:When/where did DP say that out of interest?
Can't find it. It was either him or Steve Gill. I remember seeing somewhere, might have been at one of the supporters club evenings. Just remember talk of bringing 2/3 in. Which sounded right with lynch, chase and monaghan? going. Should have space especially with inbegnion and Larroyer leaving.
Interesting .... who says Monaghan & Larroyer are leaving ? Did i miss that announcement
You expect them to stay? I'm, 99% sure they won't.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Aug 2017, 10:36

mart0042 wrote:
fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Can't find it. It was either him or Steve Gill. I remember seeing somewhere, might have been at one of the supporters club evenings. Just remember talk of bringing 2/3 in. Which sounded right with lynch, chase and monaghan? going. Should have space especially with inbegnion and Larroyer leaving.
Interesting .... who says Monaghan & Larroyer are leaving ? Did i miss that announcement

Don't know depends on how much a replacement squad player will cost or who we can get.

If we are only bringing in 2/3 as people keep saying they must be to replace Lynch for one. Burgess or a other ?

Wardle i assume will become Websters replacement maybe ?

Does DP think Douglas and Gill are ready for First team action if so they may both go yes.

Sure one of the "in the know" crew can tell us everything and what out starting 17 will be next year.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 Aug 2017, 11:39

fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:

Don't know depends on how much a replacement squad player will cost or who we can get.

If we are only bringing in 2/3 as people keep saying they must be to replace Lynch for one. Burgess or a other ?

Wardle i assume will become Websters replacement maybe ?

Does DP think Douglas and Gill are ready for First team action if so they may both go yes.

Sure one of the "in the know" crew can tell us everything and what out starting 17 will be next year.
I think we have back up in Maher, Gill, Douglas and I'd give egodo a go. I would however like to see a quality prop come in burgess, Walmsley, some one known and high profile.

We have a larger salary cap next year and we'll be in profit. We need to back this year up and we can be top 4 for a few years to come.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Aug 2017, 12:54

I think we have back up in Maher, Gill, Douglas and I'd give egodo a go. I would however like to see a quality prop come in burgess, Walmsley, some one known and high profile.

We have a larger salary cap next year and we'll be in profit. We need to back this year up and we can be top 4 for a few years to come.[/quote]

Agree with you there

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 13:03

Don't think we need a superstar but I'd be happy with someone like Shannon Wakeman or craig Kopczak. Good performing props at SL level.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 14 Aug 2017, 13:15

Think we want to be looking at quality and I don't think kopczak falls into that category

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Aug 2017, 13:48

We need a prop that can drive in hard with out any consequences on his own body.
Some one who can make half breaks or break through tackles.
Someone who can tackle like a Trojan.
Someone who can draw 3/4 players into the tackle.
If your out there apply at Castleford Tigers wheldon rd.
You won't regret it.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 14 Aug 2017, 14:43

The thing we need most is size. Playing JSL at prop is necessary when Moors is out of course, but it's just not gonna cut it long term if he's the backup every time. Runs his blood to water but is much better in the second row.

Look at the size of Hull's pack in comparison - it's where we've been beat by them.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Aug 2017, 14:43

Oldcasman wrote:Think we want to be looking at quality and I don't think kopczak falls into that category
Kopczak is a great player. He was consistently Huddersfield's best forward in terms of metres gained, average gain and tackles, whilst making very few errors and conceding few penalties despite a high tackle-count. He has continued in this vain at Salford.
He has over 250 Super League games under his belt. He would have been an ideal replacement for Lynch, but I believe he signed a new contract with Salford a couple of months ago.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 16 Aug 2017, 10:25

Newcastle Knights have confirmed JW's release at the end of this season and a transfer fee (6 figure) is payable :-

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... xxpz1.html

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Aug 2017, 10:31

Tigerade wrote:Newcastle Knights have confirmed JW's release at the end of this season and a transfer fee (6 figure) is payable :-

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... xxpz1.html
As much as I'd rate Wardle as a signing, I really hope we haven't paid a six figure sum to land him

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 16 Aug 2017, 10:34

Agreed Fumper. He had 2 years left so I suppose that is the reason we have had to cough up. Did Wigan pay for the returning Joe Burgess or Hudds for Jordan Turner ?

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 16 Aug 2017, 10:40

If we pay a 6 figure sum I'll be livid. Complete waste of money.