Gadwin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Gadwin

Post by duke street 10 » 12 Aug 2017, 17:39

cogito ergo sum wrote:Patrick for Springer every time for me. I suspect Larne paid the price for losing that ball against Saints. Gadwin seems to be third man into the tackle, and I worry about his bal control in attack. I actually think he should start if he's in the 17, give a big 15 mins and make way for Millo or Junior. When he comes on as sub he makes little difference.
The Hull game aside you have made a valid point. This season he has done better when he started the game. Maybe Gadwin is lovesick hasn't his girlfriend returned to France?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Aug 2017, 18:46

when I started this thread I questioned whether it was his fitness or his head that was not quite right, after watching last nights match I think the lad as lost his confidence to regain it he could do with dropping down a division on loan , I still think all is not lost with him and there is still time for him to make a top class prop we all have seen Gadwin have some barnstorming games in the past

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Aug 2017, 18:57

In one of the games after we win l.l.s id play him big mintutes at the moment he looks like hes lost confidence knowing if he makes a mistake hes likely to get brought off
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 12 Aug 2017, 22:26

Just watched the game again and I don't think he did too bad . In the 15 mins he was on Gadwin dropped the ball once, as did quite a few others!! . Watch it again every tackle he made for some reason the ref was on him like a shot, calling him to move by name every time. No wonder the lad may have felt under pressure . He did make a lot of tackles !!
Last edited by alcasfan on 12 Aug 2017, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Aug 2017, 22:39

as I said on the other thread alcasfan he looked confused about what was going on around him, including the decisions. he really needed a senior player to give him a pat on the back and some reassurance but none seemed to be forth coming.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Aug 2017, 23:12

Gadwin is clearly trying too hard. He was targeted by Salford and they played to his weaknesses. He gave away a couple of penalties which may not have been given under a different ref.

DP is working with him as he's a real unit with talent. It depends on whether he can wait for his chance.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Aug 2017, 09:08

Having just watched the rerun of the Salford match, some of the criticising of Gadwin is a bit unfounded , in the heat of the match I myself was critical of him and baying for him to be taken off, but watching the rerun this morning I don't think he had a bad a match as I first thought, with Gadwin its work in progress once we have been declared league leaders officially I would like him to have more game time resting a few for the play offs

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 13 Aug 2017, 14:52

I've just seen the game (cheers Di BTW)
His head isn't right and he's so frightened of making an error it's unreal
Confidence has gone - he needs long minutes against Huddersfield and building back up to the forward we know he has the potential to be.

It's a two way thing though and he has to take on board the advice he's given from coaches, senior players along with the clubs analysts

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 13 Aug 2017, 15:12

Agree fully with last 3 posts. I think maybe Gadwin is trying too hard to impress and is too anxious. If he knows he's only going to get 15 mins or so, before he goes on, it is likely he is too anxious to do well. This is when mistakes occur as your not getting into a rythm. I think he may need time to grow into the game. If we beat Wakey, I would like to see him given sufficient game time at Huddersfield, to see how he goes on.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 13 Aug 2017, 15:19

:roll: yes i was slating him too live.i havnt watched the match again tho. im sorry but he his a liability at the moment in crucial games but has been said he probally would benefit from a few games when we rest a few forwards in games we dont need to win.i honestly think he cannot due to many minutes tho because of fatigue which is a worry due to his age.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 13 Aug 2017, 15:21

:roll: :roll: do too many minutes i meant

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 14 Aug 2017, 15:30

What's the contract situation with him?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Aug 2017, 15:33

chesterfieldtiger wrote:What's the contract situation with him?
Think to end of 2018

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 14 Aug 2017, 15:36

Thought it was. My mate at work had a list of players out of contract end of season off 5th tackle website and that said cad had him ooc this year

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Aug 2017, 15:46

End of 2019 signed an extension in march

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 14 Aug 2017, 16:28

Gadwin was no where near as bad last Friday as some are trying to make out. Two iffy penalties and a knock -on There recor.

Daryll clearly sees him as one for the future, part of his long term plan. If he didn't Gadwin would have been gone and definitely would not have got on the pitch in Salford. Daryll is ruthless at getting rid of players that have no future at the club. Larne Patrick was called into the 19 to replace Shenny so clearly he could have played, but Daryll chose to give Gadwin a bit more experience.

Gadwin has all the attributes and potential to make a great prop and to be at Cas for many years to come. The coaching staff will be working to turn that potential into the real thing. Their record shows that they will succeed.
cum on you Ford

matt_casfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by matt_casfan » 14 Aug 2017, 16:44

Aid wrote:Gadwin was no where near as bad last Friday as some are trying to make out. Two iffy penalties and a knock -on There recor.

Daryll clearly sees him as one for the future, part of his long term plan. If he didn't Gadwin would have been gone and definitely would not have got on the pitch in Salford. Daryll is ruthless at getting rid of players that have no future at the club. Larne Patrick was called into the 19 to replace Shenny so clearly he could have played, but Daryll chose to give Gadwin a bit more experience.

Gadwin has all the attributes and potential to make a great prop and to be at Cas for many years to come. The coaching staff will be working to turn that potential into the real thing. Their record shows that they will succeed.
Absolutely, he dropped one ball in awful conditions & 1 very harsh penalty.

That was the most defensive work I've seen him put in in a long time. He often made 3 or 4 tackles on the trot especially in the period when we were doing a lot of defending after half time.