Wakefield trinity 17th August 2017

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Wakefield trinity 17th August 2017

Post by old cas lass » 12 Aug 2017, 13:03

Biggest game in 91yr of Castleford tigers existance.

Reading some forums we have sold just today at mid day 1000 tickets.
Let's get the old girl full.
Let's make some history together cas fan.
This day will be a momentous occasion. ......don't miss it.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakefield trinity 17th August 2017

Post by InTheKnow » 12 Aug 2017, 13:05

old cas lass wrote:Biggest game in 91yr of Castleford tigers existance.

Just been to shop. Spent £68 on stuff and heard the lads/lass say they had sold over 1000. Along with season tickets and Wakey fans they are saying 100% it will sell out.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Aug 2017, 13:25

I'm getting goosebumps thinking about this game already!!

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 12 Aug 2017, 14:04

Should be a great night and looking forward to it, but biggest game ever? Really?

In terms of importance it gets nowhere near the 2 finals we had to come back up in 2005 and 2007. The 2005 one in particular as I don't know how we'd have gone on if we'd had a second season in the Championship back then and that's just the recent past.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Aug 2017, 14:07

Daughter popped over got tickets and me a couple of new tops.
Got two seats and my 88 year old father in law coming along must be one of our older fans.
How good it will be for him to see them crowned Champions after eight decades of watching Cas.
Full house for certain.
Lap of honour parading the trophy.
Let's raise the roof.
Thank you Cas.
What a season ,what a team,coach.
The team spirit going forward could see us be the team of the latter half of the decade.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 14:12

Nu Shooze wrote:

Should be a great night and looking forward to it, but biggest game ever? Really?

In terms of importance it gets nowhere near the 2 finals we had to come back up in 2005 and 2007. The 2005 one in particular as I don't know how we'd have gone on if we'd had a second season in the Championship back then and that's just the recent past.
Depends how you define biggest. Promotion was probably more important but I'm with OCL this night is bigger

Surreycasfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Surreycasfan » 12 Aug 2017, 14:13

Just home from Manchester after staying up there, what a night, somewhat sore head!!

Ticket bought for Thursday and the 500 mile round trip will be worth it as always but this time for something I thought I'd never see.

Goosebumps sums it up nicely

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 12 Aug 2017, 14:52

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:

Depends how you define biggest. Promotion was probably more important but I'm with OCL this night is bigger
I think to put it into perspective, it's a bigger night but not a bigger game, if you know what I mean. It's a bigger night in the respect of the potential celebrations, pomp and outright feelgood factor of achieving something the club has never done before, and I will go all the way with that. It's not a bigger game, in the respect that there's nothing riding on it, apart from the fact that if we lost, we lose face on the night and a damp squib would be put on all our potential celebrations. However we would still win the LLS, unless you believe in horror stories and make believe, so we would not actually lose anything in a rugby sense.

However had we lost either of the Championship Grand Finals it would have been an absolute disaster and in all reality we would not have now been in the position to do what we have and win the LLS. So in a nutshell it's the biggest night as regards the celebrations, pomp and ceremony, but far from our biggest game ever, with what's riding on it.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Aug 2017, 14:55

I think in one way it is one of the least important games in our history. We have the shield, it makes no difference. However, it would be nice to win it next week, and the game becomes memorable because it will be the day all was confirmed against our neighbours who sent us down a while ago.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 16:07

Herbert Latch wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:

I think to put it into perspective, it's a bigger night but not a bigger game, if you know what I mean. It's a bigger night in the respect of the potential celebrations, pomp and outright feelgood factor of achieving something the club has never done before, and I will go all the way with that. It's not a bigger game, in the respect that there's nothing riding on it, apart from the fact that if we lost, we lose face on the night and a damp squib would be put on all our potential celebrations. However we would still win the LLS, unless you believe in horror stories and make believe, so we would not actually lose anything in a rugby sense.

However had we lost either of the Championship Grand Finals it would have been an absolute disaster and in all reality we would not have now been in the position to do what we have and win the LLS. So in a nutshell it's the biggest night as regards the celebrations, pomp and ceremony, but far from our biggest game ever, with what's riding on it.
I agree That's really what I was trying to say

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 16:11

cogito ergo sum wrote:

I think in one way it is one of the least important games in our history. We have the shield, it makes no difference. However, it would be nice to win it next week, and the game becomes memorable because it will be the day all was confirmed against our neighbours who sent us down a while ago.
Can't ignore £100k a guaranteed game v Aussie opposition and our first top flight trophy for 23 years despite all the dismissals our achievements have been given by those who couldn't match them though

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 Aug 2017, 16:12

Lol. Whilst you're busy deciding how unimportant a game it is (why bother?!!) I will look forward to the sweetest night ever known to a Cas Fan.
Audacter Et Sincere

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 17:08

I'm gutted I'm not here and will be watching from a bar in Majorca. But if someone told me we would win the LLS at Wakefield on the 17 August at the start of the season I wouldn't have believed them. If you listen carefully you may hear me shouting but the noise should be too immense for that pack the old girl to the rafters and get her rocking to the foundations

How good does it feel to say castleford tiger 2017 league champions (elect)

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 18:27

Mysterio wrote:Lol. Whilst you're busy deciding how unimportant a game it is (why bother?!!) I will look forward to the sweetest night ever known to a Cas Fan.
I intend to do that too. Just having a boring journey and it was a choice on the thread between this harmless discussion or reading the two Springer bashing threads. That will be really firing him up :roll:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Aug 2017, 18:34

It should be a bumper crowd the Wakefield fans that I have talked to today are confident they can do a job on us and spoil our party, my thoughts are if they get with in 10 points of us I will be surprised

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2017, 18:52

We have to win first.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 12 Aug 2017, 22:37

Get your tickets bought quickly people, this will sell out quickly. And Wakey will want plenty, make sure our fams get them bought first.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Aug 2017, 23:01

The Firm wrote:Get your tickets bought quickly people, this will sell out quickly. And Wakey will want plenty, make sure our fams get them bought first.
not sure about that mate. they don't travel in numbers and they won't want to be there to see cas win the lls and rub their noses in it.
on the other hand they would enjoy spoiling our party if it goes t!ts up.
if we do win it would be nice if the true wakey fans would stay back after the game and acknowledge our success.
it would also be nice if they cling on to 4th spot for an all Yorkshire top 4.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Aug 2017, 23:02

1800 sold today.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Aug 2017, 23:05

I'd love to win it especially with the players having 2 weeks to the next game. They could really celebrate. In front of wakey fans aswell.