Gadwin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Gadwin

Post by lurcher » 02 Aug 2017, 00:06

just watched back the first game of the season against leigh. gadwin was excellent and the sky team were really bigging him up. he's deffo got it if we can bring it out consistently.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Aug 2017, 08:49

When I started this post, like every one else I could not understand why a young fella of Gadwins ability was not showing it,last game V Catalan Tom Holmes took the bench spot when I would have thought being Gadwins old club he would have been picked and raring to go, I keep wondering if he as dropped out of Darrel's plans for some reason ??

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Aug 2017, 08:55

Ever thought he might be struggling with some kind of injury ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Aug 2017, 09:15

Your guess is as good as mine, we know of all the other players that have been injured and their progress, I have not seen nothing mentioned RE Gadwin

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 02 Aug 2017, 09:37

Don't think it's a mystery, DP doesn't think he's doing enough.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 Aug 2017, 11:54

cogito ergo sum wrote:Don't think it's a mystery, DP doesn't think he's doing enough.
Lets hope somebody is going to replace him then if he's potentially not good enough. Assuming this is the reason.

Really is a strange one this

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Aug 2017, 13:20

tigerfeat wrote:Ever thought he might be struggling with some kind of injury ?
Maher looked like the real deal but unknown to us was suffering with a sternum injury. I think we'll see both come good next year.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Aug 2017, 16:08

I do hope you are right we need some one to fill in for Andy Lynch, big Will as certainly got the size but yet to prove him self even before his injury lets hope he is a late developer

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Aug 2017, 22:27

As promising as Gadwin is, he's probably the only player In the squad that I pull my hair out at.

He looks clumsy and lazy (or just lazy) getting to his feet.

He sometimes looks disinterested, especially in D. His lateral movement is poor; he's exposed at marker and around the ruck, and he's his peers don't have full trust in him in this regard, it's obvious.

His game is too loose in Attack. His concentration is abysmal if you ask me.

On the other side of the coin,he can be truly dominant in both attack and defence! He's an enigma !

The fact is this - he's a weak link overall.

He can go for me. Especially if we manage to do the right deal. For example, because Gadwin currently holds stock (or seems to) it is not inconceivable that a club would maybe swap an excellent player for him, or pay a fair fee.

I'd take walmsley, fifita, etc.

But the one I'd really go after would be ikahihifo (sp?)
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Aug 2017, 22:33

As promising as Gadwin is, he's probably the only player In the squad that I pull my hair out at.

He sometimes looks disinterested, especially in D. His lateral movement is poor; he's exposed at marker and around the ruck, and he's his peers don't have full trust in him in this regard, it's obvious.

On the other side of the coin,he can be truly dominant in both attack and defence! He's an enigma !

He can go for me. Especially if we manage to do the right deal. For example, because Gadwin currently holds stock (or seems to) it is not inconceivable that a club would maybe swap an excellent player for him, or pay a fair fee.

I'd take walmsley, fifita, etc in place of.

Audacter Et Sincere

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 02 Aug 2017, 22:50

Mysterio wrote:As promising as Gadwin is, he's probably the only player In the squad that I pull my hair out at.

I'd take walmsley, fifita, etc.

Me too, I like Ikahifio or however it's spelt. He would fit in superbly in our team and is an handful. Unfortunately it looks like he's signing a new contract extension at Hudds.

As regards Gadwin I think the word we are looking for is unreliable. I have no idea what the situation with him is as I do not profess to have any contacts. But I would hazard a good guess that DP feels he just cannot rely on him. And that's the problem really, he's just not reliable, and I say that as one who likes him and would dearly love to see him progress. The thing is also we have many other forwards, too numerous to mention, who Darryl knows full well he can rely on to get a full shift out of. Gadders needs to be more consistent and iron out the little flaws in his game.

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 11:10

I'm going to bump this. I thought Gadwin was very poor last night, is his head elsewhere? What has happened to the lad? When he first came here i thought we would have a brilliant prob but to me he just seems to be regressing not improving.
He is a penalty machine with a small engine only playing 10-15 minute cameos. Its at this time of the year we need everyone firing and i would think the lad would want to try to cement himself in the team for the semi and GF. I personally wouldn't want him in the team for them games as things stand he would be more a liability than asset.
Come on Gadwin lets see the lad that first came to the Tigers and help us win the GF.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 12 Aug 2017, 11:27

Bansley_Tiger wrote:I'm going to bump this. I thought Gadwin was very poor last night, is his head elsewhere? What has happened to the lad? When he first came here i thought we would have a brilliant prob but to me he just seems to be regressing not improving.
He is a penalty machine with a small engine only playing 10-15 minute cameos. Its at this time of the year we need everyone firing and i would think the lad would want to try to cement himself in the team for the semi and GF. I personally wouldn't want him in the team for them games as things stand he would be more a liability than asset.
Come on Gadwin lets see the lad that first came to the Tigers and help us win the GF.
How is Gadwin a "penalty machine"? He has played 15 games this year (started 6) given away 7 penalties and made six errors.
cum on you Ford

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Aug 2017, 11:31

Aid wrote:
Bansley_Tiger wrote:I'm going to bump this. I thought Gadwin was very poor last night, is his head elsewhere? What has happened to the lad? When he first came here i thought we would have a brilliant prob but to me he just seems to be regressing not improving.
How is Gadwin a "penalty machine"? He has played 15 games this year (started 6) given away 7 penalties and made six errors.

Not sure how long he was on last night, can't be more than 10 mins.
He gave 2 pens away and dropped/lost the ball.
Not good stats imo

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 12 Aug 2017, 11:56

Aid wrote:
I was saying last night, think it was 2 penalty's and 2 errors in the space of 10 mins.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 12 Aug 2017, 12:17

Aid wrote:
What relevance do last seasons stats have on this years?

I certainly want him to be a success and a starting 17 player however he's not performing. DP obviously thinks the same way. We cannot afford to have a "liability" especially at this point in the season. His physical attributes should cause mayhem for the opposition but his efforts are simply not good enough.
Compare his efforts to Fozzy...thats a big difference and concern

I can see him at Toulouse

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2017, 12:41

They are this year's stats.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 12 Aug 2017, 13:27

Unless we get some major injuries or rest everyone for play offs....I don't see Gadwin playing again this year. Knocked on and was taken off shortly after. Can't of played more than 15minutes. Lynch would be a better option, Patrick a better option as well as big Junior coming back too.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Aug 2017, 15:02

Patrick for Springer every time for me. I suspect Larne paid the price for losing that ball against Saints. Gadwin seems to be third man into the tackle, and I worry about his bal control in attack. I actually think he should start if he's in the 17, give a big 15 mins and make way for Millo or Junior. When he comes on as sub he makes little difference.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Aug 2017, 17:26

He's still very, very young for a prop.
I remember Lynch have some very poor games in his first couple of years.