Gadwin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Gadwin

Post by gateman » 28 Jul 2017, 17:41

can any one give a reason for the drop in form of this lad ?? when he as been picked this season he only seems to do very short stints before he is taken off , at the end of last season he appeared to be making a top class prop forward and I myself thought he would kick on

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Gadwin

Post by Oldcasman » 28 Jul 2017, 18:06

Have been wondering the same thing myself is he carrying a injury or is it just a loss of form

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 Jul 2017, 19:16

It's an enigma to me also, and the word I am searching for is frustrating. When Gadwin came on against Hull he looked awesome for the 20 minutes or so he was on and provided great impact. I thought, wow he's got back on track and if he can replicate that on a regular basis, even if only for a twenty odd, twenty five minute spell, it will really benefit us.

Then he goes and follows it up with two tame efforts, that leaves you frustrated. So much so that he was left out at Catalans by DP and understandably so. I like Gadwin, but if he wants to get himself into the team and then give himself a chance of a potential Grand Final place, I'm afraid he is going to have to up the ante like he did against Hull, every SINGLE game he plays from now on. He may never get the opportunity to play in a SL Grand Final ever again.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 28 Jul 2017, 19:21

The other thing that frustrates me is having tom Holmes on the bench 3 times recently and not playing him which must make it hard for the players who have done an amazing job.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Jul 2017, 22:06

Herbert Latch wrote:It's an enigma to me also, and the word I am searching for is frustrating. When Gadwin came on against Hull he looked awesome for the 20 minutes or so he was on and provided great impact. I thought, wow he's got back on track and if he can replicate that on a regular basis, even if only for a twenty odd, twenty five minute spell, it will really benefit us.

Then he goes and follows it up with two tame efforts, that leaves you frustrated. So much so that he was left out at Catalans by DP and understandably so. I like Gadwin, but if he wants to get himself into the team and then give himself a chance of a potential Grand Final place, I'm afraid he is going to have to up the ante like he did against Hull, every SINGLE game he plays from now on. He may never get the opportunity to play in a SL Grand Final ever again.
a lot depends on the effort and desire shown in training when it comes to team selection and maybe therin lies the problem. I know the players are watched like hawks for any drop off in intensity at training sessions.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 29 Jul 2017, 00:09

Wouldn't want to step on DP's shoes here but I don't understand his bench philosophy. Surely if there are games already won and players who need saving and young player who need experience then.......
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Jul 2017, 09:33

RE Tom Holmes , when on the bench I thought he might have been used as interchange hooker, but the last few games he as been on the bench have been very close encounters, Darrel as stuck with the tried and tested, I do hope Tom gets on the pitch in the near future the lad as done nothing wrong in a CAS shirt and deserves a shot

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 29 Jul 2017, 10:42

corvusxiii wrote:Wouldn't want to step on DP's shoes here but I don't understand his bench philosophy. Surely if there are games already won and players who need saving and young player who need experience then.......

2 men down under the pump it wasn't the right time to throw him in there. If you notice all the games he hasn't been used gave been tight. The only one was Maher not used at home to Leeds but DP then said that was because of our partnership with Batley.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 29 Jul 2017, 13:43

Casmoley wrote:
corvusxiii wrote:Wouldn't want to step on DP's shoes here but I don't understand his bench philosophy. Surely if there are games already won and players who need saving and young player who need experience then.......

2 men down under the pump it wasn't the right time to throw him in there. If you notice all the games he hasn't been used gave been tight. The only one was Maher not used at home to Leeds but DP then said that was because of our partnership with Batley.
Then why put maher on bench if your not going to use him. Put somebody else in there

Playing with 16 will catch up with us, prob when it matters you watch

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 29 Jul 2017, 13:50

fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Then why put maher on bench if your not going to use him. Put somebody else in there

Playing with 16 will catch up with us, prob when it matters you watch
Yep completely get your point. I would have put Douglas on the bench myself but it's not me that has us 10 clear at the top.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Jul 2017, 17:44

I think you may find that Brandon Douglas as signed for Halifax till the end of the season with a NO return clause , it as been pointed out before that Darrel wants the lad to have game time under his belt so that he can challenge for a starting place next season

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 29 Jul 2017, 18:29

gateman wrote:I think you may find that Brandon Douglas as signed for Halifax till the end of the season with a NO return clause , it as been pointed out before that Darrel wants the lad to have game time under his belt so that he can challenge for a starting place next season

I was talking about round 3 when he was still with us. But thanks for the info, I didn't know as i live on mars.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 30 Jul 2017, 02:39

Casmoley wrote:
gateman wrote:I think you may find that Brandon Douglas as signed for Halifax till the end of the season with a NO return clause , it as been pointed out before that Darrel wants the lad to have game time under his belt so that he can challenge for a starting place next season

I was talking about round 3 when he was still with us. But thanks for the info, I didn't know as i live on mars.
Thought BD was on loan in round 3 at Dewsbury? Where as WM was on duel reg leaving him to flit between the 2?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 30 Jul 2017, 09:23

TT Tiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Thought BD was on loan in round 3 at Dewsbury? Where as WM was on duel reg leaving him to flit between the 2?

He went a few week after. Irrelevant anyway. Players coming back in the coming weeks so will be using 17 for sure.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 31 Jul 2017, 00:06

Back to Springer and whilst I agree he's a tad inconsistant, his 'A' games is worth pursuing for now. For me it'sd all about encouraging him to do what he does best on a more consistant basis.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 31 Jul 2017, 00:22

I've said it before but he's highly rated by the more senior props.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 31 Jul 2017, 07:03

lurcher wrote:I've said it before but he's highly rated by the more senior props.
that didnt count for much IMO. there hardly going to turn round and say they dont think there good enough are they when asked the question at a cas event

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Aug 2017, 00:16

the question wasn't particularly asked about gadwin. just who were the most promising youngsters. millo could have just refrained from mentioning gadwin if he so wanted but he chose to express his own opinion of him.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Aug 2017, 08:42

it would be great if Gadwin produced some of the form we have only had glimpses of this season on a weekly basis , he as come on and lifted the crowd with a couple of barnstorming runs only to then go AWL , Question, is it his fitness or his desire to play, there is just something lacking if Darrell can sort him out he as still chance to be one of the top props in the game

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Aug 2017, 20:57

gateman wrote:it would be great if Gadwin produced some of the form we have only had glimpses of this season on a weekly basis , he as come on and lifted the crowd with a couple of barnstorming runs only to then go AWL , Question, is it his fitness or his desire to play, there is just something lacking if Darrell can sort him out he as still chance to be one of the top props in the game
We need some size and go forward especially against Saints and Hull so why cant this lad get a game ?. He should provide both in buckets

Only thing i can think is he cant seem to do many mins or is it just that DP dont trust him ? He will never get big game experience if he never plays