Samoa v England

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Samoa v England

Post by derbystiger » 21 Apr 2017, 11:26

I don't get all this 'international structure' rubbish. We've played structured at international level for years and look where it's got us - nowhere! I'd be putting Williams and Gale in the halves and saying thats it, build your relationship, and play what you see in front of you. The Aussies and Kiwis are used to structure, lets have a couple of halves that can say 'stuff the structure', I'm gonna look at whats in front of me and play that. It's no good having halfbacks that can create and then taking their creativity off them. Look at when they put Rangi in the England team and took his game away from him, they may aswell had me there. I haven't played for a few years, but I could farm the ball on to the man next to me. Lets see Gale and Williams take on the line and put doubt in the oppositions minds as to what's gonna happen next. It might not come off, but at least it'll make more exciting viewing.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Apr 2017, 11:33

Great post

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Apr 2017, 11:56

derbystiger wrote:I don't get all this 'international structure' rubbish. We've played structured at international level for years and look where it's got us - nowhere! I'd be putting Williams and Gale in the halves and saying thats it, build your relationship, and play what you see in front of you. The Aussies and Kiwis are used to structure, lets have a couple of halves that can say 'stuff the structure', I'm gonna look at whats in front of me and play that. It's no good having halfbacks that can create and then taking their creativity off them. Look at when they put Rangi in the England team and took his game away from him, they may aswell had me there. I haven't played for a few years, but I could farm the ball on to the man next to me. Lets see Gale and Williams take on the line and put doubt in the oppositions minds as to what's gonna happen next. It might not come off, but at least it'll make more exciting viewing.
Your sentiment is fine but you have to appreciate that both Williams and Gale play to a structure. It's just a structure that allows them to do what they do best.

Just watch the post-match analysis on Sky when all Cas players have highlighted how structured are free-flowing play is.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wildie » 21 Apr 2017, 12:04

I think the side we will see against Samoa wont be the same as lines up in the World Cup. They will utilise the Aussie based players more to limit the effect on the club sides for next month's game, and wouldnt be surprised to see Sarginson play depsite being awful in the minor glimpses he has played for the Titans. For what its worth, I would have Williams and Gale in the halves, with Hardaker at Full Back - but Widdop's form has been impressive for St George this year.

Have we had a dilemma at half back in recent years??! :D

Bansley_Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bansley_Tiger » 23 Apr 2017, 13:12

Looks like Mike McMeeken and Zak Hardaker call up for us. Just hope Benny Roberts doesn't get the Samoa call as he can slot straight in at FB with Gale and Rangi in the halves. Oggy and JSL in backrow.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 24 Apr 2017, 14:32

Gale, McMeeken & Hardaker missing v Huddersfield, turns a certain win into a possible loss!!

They should not play International matches during the SL season.

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wildie » 24 Apr 2017, 14:39

stuey wrote:Gale, McMeeken & Hardaker missing v Huddersfield, turns a certain win into a possible loss!!

You need to learn to play without players to be a team capable of winning a competition. This is 3 players, for 1 match. I know 2 of them are from your spine, but many teams miss these players for a long period of time, not just for 1 game against a pretty poor Giants side

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 24 Apr 2017, 14:42

Wildie wrote:
stuey wrote:Gale, McMeeken & Hardaker missing v Huddersfield, turns a certain win into a possible loss!!

You need to learn to play without players to be a team capable of winning a competition. This is 3 players, for 1 match. I know 2 of them are from your spine, but many teams miss these players for a long period of time, not just for 1 game against a pretty poor Giants side
We have cover,Eden to full back monners on wing.chase for Gale.and loads of options in the forwards to cover mckmeeken

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Apr 2017, 14:50

Scoopage wrote:
Wildie wrote:

We have cover,Eden to full back monners on wing.chase for Gale.and loads of options in the forwards to cover mckmeeken
Exactly, Huds are pi** poor so if we cant beat them still we dont deserve a crack at the grand final

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Apr 2017, 14:55

I just think it's brilliant that there are more Cas players in the England squad than from any other Super League Club
That makes a massive statement about how far we have come.
Good luck guys!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Apr 2017, 15:04

super league clubs don't have to release samoan players for this game.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 24 Apr 2017, 15:09

Come on guys - see yesterday's results - even Swinton beat Hudds. Are we truly saying that take 3 players out and we are worse than Swinton??

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 Apr 2017, 16:14

The Fox wrote:Come on guys - see yesterday's results - even Swinton beat Hudds. Are we truly saying that take 3 players out and we are worse than Swinton??
Doesnt work like that. Hudds will raise their game against an understrength Cas whereas they thought Swinton would be easy so under prepared.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Apr 2017, 16:18

The Fox wrote:Come on guys - see yesterday's results - even Swinton beat Hudds. Are we truly saying that take 3 players out and we are worse than Swinton??
roberts/Eden
Minikin/Joel
Jake/egodo/Gill
shenny
eden/hitchcox (played for Batley yesterday)
mcshane
chase
Springer
milner
cook
Jesse
millo
massey

larroyer/foster/igbendion
lynch/Maher/Douglas
Moors/oggy
t.holmes/million

plenty of options to cover and/or freshen up
Last edited by the machine on 24 Apr 2017, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Apr 2017, 16:24

Lynch put a photo of a MRI scanner on his instergram saying 'I thought I'd seen the last of these big boys'.
Hope it's just a precaution.
Though it don't sound good if you have to have a MRI scan.

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 24 Apr 2017, 16:39

Eden
Monaghan
Webster
Shenton
Minikin
Roberts
Chase/Holmes
Springer
McShane
Massey
Holmes
JSL
Milner

Moors
Millington
Cook
Hitchcox/Foster

Still a strong squad to beat Hudds.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Apr 2017, 16:44

Did you notice also that the Giants gave most of their top players the weekend off to get them rested for the SL battles ahead?
We are not good enough to disrespect any side let alone one who will be doing everything to try and avoid the dreaded middle 8s.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 24 Apr 2017, 16:47

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I just think it's brilliant that there are more Cas players in the England squad than from any other Super League Club
Good luck guys!
THIS :clap:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Apr 2017, 10:10

Dez wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:I just think it's brilliant that there are more Cas players in the England squad than from any other Super League Club
Good luck guys!
It becomes easier to attract talent and sponsors.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 25 Apr 2017, 12:08

mart0042 wrote:
Dez wrote:
Good luck guys!
It becomes easier to attract talent and sponsors.
No only that, players will come back with a greater knowledge of the the game from being around different players and different coaches that they cann bring back to the rest of the players And club as a whole.