19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Stadium Update

Post by lurcher » 31 Mar 2017, 17:18

Fumper27 wrote:
lurcher wrote:yes a good seventieth mate but they saved the best present till yesterday (29th feb)
29 Feb???
deliberate mistake 29th march :lol: :lol: :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 31 Mar 2017, 18:21

lurcher wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
lurcher wrote:yes a good seventieth mate but they saved the best present till yesterday (29th feb)
29 Feb???
deliberate mistake 29th march :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old age mucker. We'll have a drink next time your over for a game.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Apr 2017, 17:38

New application submitted to dismiss the planning conditions for the road layout and highways improvements.

Looks like once they're checked off, that could be first on the agenda along with the landscaping and site works.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 06 Apr 2017, 17:40

thanks Hudds, lets hope things start to move now. :pray:

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 06 Apr 2017, 17:45

HuddsTigers wrote:New application submitted to dismiss the planning conditions for the road layout and highways improvements.

Looks like once they're checked off, that could be first on the agenda along with the landscaping and site works.
What timeframe do you think we're looking at Hudds ?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Apr 2017, 17:49

WallTiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:New application submitted to dismiss the planning conditions for the road layout and highways improvements.

What timeframe do you think we're looking at Hudds ?

Well the siteworks are meant to start this month so that the trees can be planted early on to encourage growth before the winter.

Roadworks probably in a couple of months. I'll have a look and see if I can locate a timetable.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Apr 2017, 18:20

New planning condition submitted for the earthworks and coal extraction.

Earthworks to begin in July with the cut and fill earthworks to be completed by the end of 2018.

Coal Extraction to take place between September 2017 and March 2018.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Apr 2017, 18:24

HuddsTigers wrote:New planning condition submitted for the earthworks and coal extraction.

Earthworks to begin in July with the cut and fill earthworks to be completed by the end of 2018.

Coal Extraction to take place between September 2017 and March 2018.

So what happened to the start in April......just asking.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Apr 2017, 18:27

They've got a few pending applications still with WMDC.

The following applications are still requiring discharge:

#1 - Discharge of conditions: 6 (Phasing) (full discharge), 17 (Ecological Mitigation) (full discharge), 18 (Habitat Landscape Management Plan) (Phases 1, 2a and 2b), 19 (Holywell Wood Tree Protection) (full discharge), 20 (Dust Mitigation) (full discharge), 21 (Air Quality) (full discharge), 22 (Electric Vehicle Charging Points) (full discharge), 25 (Noise and Vibration Management) (full discharge), 29 (Delivery Hours (full discharge), 37 (Ground conditions) (full discharge), 39 (Soil Management) (full discharge), 44 (Security and Crime Prevention) (Phases 1 and 2a), 45 (CCTV Provision) (Phases 1 and 2a), 46 (Renewable Energy) (Phases 1, 2a and 2b), 47 (Archaeology) (full discharge), 48 Site Waste Management Plan (full discharge) and 60 (Construction Environmental Management) (full discharge) from approved application 16/01544/FUL
Park Road/M62/Stainburn Avenue/Spittal Hardwick Lane (Land At) Castleford
Ref. No: 16/01544/SUB01 | Received: Tue 24 Jan 2017 | Validated: Wed 25 Jan 2017 | Status: Awaiting decision

#2 - Discharge of conditions 53 (Footway Scheme) (Part Discharge); 55 (Highway Improvement Works - J32 of M62) (Full Discharge); 56 (Highway Improvement Works - Holywell Lane/Park Road) (Full Discharge) from approved application 16/01544/FUL
Ref. No: 16/01544/SUB02 | Received: Wed 22 Mar 2017 | Validated: Wed 22 Mar 2017 | Status: Awaiting decision

#3 -Discharge of conditions: 42 (Mining Activities) (full discharge) and 43 (Coal Extraction) (full discharge) from approved application 16/01544/FUL
Ref. No: 16/01544/SUB03 | Received: Wed 05 Apr 2017 | Validated: Wed 05 Apr 2017 | Status: Awaiting decision

Anyone who wants to have a read and look through can do so by clicking here: https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... pplication

Type in 'Stainburn' and the top applications in the list will be the above ones. Set aside a few hours!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Apr 2017, 18:36

Sorry hudds all the jargon mean nothing to me.
Just going by what Steve Gill told super league show couple of weeks back.
He said work will start April.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 19 Apr 2017, 18:59

Thanks for update Hudds. To cut to the chase if there extracting coal until March 2018 does that mean works will commenced then .

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 19 Apr 2017, 21:33

why keep asking about updates its been put back so many times i still cant see us getting this ground next statement will say put back to 2020 then 2022 cant ever see it getting built...its like the solomona statement and he is not leaving the club then hes gone .....

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 19 Apr 2017, 21:35

onetiger wrote:why keep asking about updates its been put back so many times i still cant see us getting this ground next statement will say put back to 2020 then 2022 cant ever see it getting built...its like the solomona statement and he is not leaving the club then hes gone .....
Welcome to the world of bureaucracy. It takes time to go through applications then approve / return for review, plan the site and everything else that comes along with it.

If you want it built tomorrow move to Dubai, sure they'll have some slaves ready to get going when you arrive.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 19 Apr 2017, 22:58

Matt wrote:
onetiger wrote:why keep asking about updates its been put back so many times i still cant see us getting this ground next statement will say put back to 2020 then 2022 cant ever see it getting built...its like the solomona statement and he is not leaving the club then hes gone .....
Welcome to the world of bureaucracy. It takes time to go through applications then approve / return for review, plan the site and everything else that comes along with it.

If you want it built tomorrow move to Dubai, sure they'll have some slaves ready to get going when you arrive.
matt been down this road before every thing was go a head at gh and nothing happend
we was told we waiting for this planning that planning and nothing came of it .im not alone on saying this will not happen.
just on the off chance it does get built i will be first to come say i was wrong and eat humble pie .

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Apr 2017, 09:35

People pay far too much attention to dates.
The CEO gets dragged into saying what the fans want to hear and frankly its out of the clubs hands.

This is a long road and there may well be many twists and turns before arriving.

Coal extraction has now come back to haunt us and if that's running till April 2018 you have to say at least another 3 years .
The biggest concern to me is the 10 million budget to build has to be at least 30/40% out by now.
If following BREXIT we do have a slow down in retail/leisure etc we may have a further delay.

Its really hard for fans who want this to happen. I do for the sake of revenue and facilities because it will never have an atmosphere the same as we currently have.
For now enjoy the special times we are having because this could be the year of the Tiger.

robbo
Truth is always best !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Apr 2017, 12:11

Hopefully I can shed some light on the ins and outs:

The first significant phase is the commencement of the highways works required to open up the site for the construction of the retail park and stadium. These can (and I believe will) commence before the completion of the mineral extraction and subsequent earthworks.

Whilst the significant highway works are underway, it is my understanding the mineral extraction can begin and should be completed. They can then begin the site construction works in 2018.

I firmly believe we shall be playing our first game of the 2020 season in the new stadium.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 20 Apr 2017, 12:23

About time we had an update from Lateral.

They were very conspicuous and forthcoming when they needed support for the planning approval but been anonymous since. Echoes of a similar situation not too far away?

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 20 Apr 2017, 12:23

Flat Capper wrote:Hopefully I can shed some light on the ins and outs:

The first significant phase is the commencement of the highways works required to open up the site for the construction of the retail park and stadium. These can (and I believe will) commence before the completion of the mineral extraction and subsequent earthworks.

Whilst the significant highway works are underway, it is my understanding the mineral extraction can begin and should be completed. They can then begin the site construction works in 2018.

I firmly believe we shall be playing our first game of the 2020 season in the new stadium.
Thanks for clarification FC, it gives me much more hope now, as I'm confident that you know what you're talking about on this subject.
Danny Boy

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Apr 2017, 12:36

Robbo wrote:People pay far too much attention to dates.
The CEO gets dragged into saying what the fans want to hear and frankly its out of the clubs hands.

This is a long road and there may well be many twists and turns before arriving.

Coal extraction has now come back to haunt us and if that's running till April 2018 you have to say at least another 3 years .
The biggest concern to me is the 10 million budget to build has to be at least 30/40% out by now.
If following BREXIT we do have a slow down in retail/leisure etc we may have a further delay.

Its really hard for fans who want this to happen. I do for the sake of revenue and facilities because it will never have an atmosphere the same as we currently have.
For now enjoy the special times we are having because this could be the year of the Tiger.

robbo
Robbo, the groundworks will be completed by the end of 2018. A year to build everything. We'll be in in 2020. The funding is already secured.

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 20 Apr 2017, 15:08

Robbo wrote: The biggest concern to me is the 10 million budget to build has to be at least 30/40% out by now.

robbo
On the one hand Brexit is a threat as people may stop spending if the economy starts tanking and put the development at risk.
On the other hand if the economy does tank interest rates will have to stay low and in either case because of the devaluation of Sterling foreign funding of UK projects has suddenly become a lot cheaper.

I agree there is a risk but equally an opportunity as well.