19 for hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Stadium Update

Post by terminaldecline » 28 Mar 2017, 07:56

lurcher wrote:on the super league show steve gill said we will be in the new stadium for 2020.
straight question for all the naysayers on here "do you think steve gill is lying" if not shut up.
Do I think he's lying? No
Do I think we will be in the new stadium by 2020? not sure

The fact is I don't think any chairman is telling an outright lie when they say there will be a new stadium, even at Wakey.

For a plan of this size to work: A needs to happen, B needs to happen, C needs to happen and so on, and the various chairmen have a tendency to look at the most positive set of circumstances and base their announcements on that.

admittedly some of these circumstances are more far fetched than others (see Wakey again!) but I don't believe they're lying

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 08:53

Things change from day to day on a big build like his.
Maybe when Steve was ask when will you be in the stadium, he's possibly been told 2020.
So right now that's what Steve believes.
Maybe further down the line things could change to hold the build back.
I'm just content how things are going on the field at the min to worry about a stadium we can't do anything about.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Mar 2017, 08:54

Flat Capper wrote: Stop day dreaming!

Public transport is not an option people want to take, even if it is readily available, relatively cheap and clean. Most Cas fans won't live on a bus route that goes direct to the area and like rail travelers they will have to either walk or catch 2 or more forms of public transport.
Really? I think most Cas fans will be one bus journey away from the ground. For starters, the 410/411 from Leeds to Pontefract goes through Leeds, Methley, Cutsyke and Glasshoughton, and Pontefract town centre the other way. The 137/138 goes from Baghill, Carleton, Eastbourne from Ponte side.

The new paid for bus service by Lateral will go round Castleford town centre and up to Glasshoughton. I'd say the vast majority of Castleford supporters are based in Castleford within walking distance to a bus service that will get them to the ground, with a few in surrounding areas (Selby, Garforth, Swillington) and then those further afield (London, North East, Bristol, Midlands).
Equally as difficult is sitting on a bus surrounded by people you don't know or have no desire to know whereas sat in your car, even at a standstill in a queue, you can do what the hell you want; music, conversation, (illegally) eat and drink, fart, open/close windows and control the heaters/air con. You can set off exactly when you want as well as choosing to drive home at a time that suits you.
Fair point, but on a bus you can listen to your own music or radio, converse with friends and neighbours who are going to the game too on the same bus, eat, drink even blow off so Mildred next to you has her eyes watering. May be restricted by bus times but I'd hazard that a lot of fans will go early anyway to have a few beers. And I think you probably underestimate a lot of people, similarly as I may be over-estimating a lot of people. I don't think people as prudish as you think.

In terms of trains, the train from Leeds goes via Woodlesford. I was on the train on Sunday and reckon there was a good 50 people on the service I was on heading to the game. I know that's a small proportion but it still shows people will use it.
Away fans will use either coach travel or their own transport, all off which will add to the chaos. As I understand it the car park for the new stadium will have around 600+ spaces and controls in place to discourage rugby supporters from using the retail car parks.
Depends where the away fans are from I guess. The Lancashire sides, probably, yes and maybe Hull given it's just down the M62. Anyway, by the time we get a new stadium we'll have Toronto and Toulouse in Super League which will mean two less games to worry about away fans ;)
If you visit Xscape on a Saturday or Sunday you will see the impact of traffic on the internal layout of Colorado Way which in the same timespan as the stadium build will have extra traffic directed to it from a new road about to be built through to Cutsyke.
Understandable but given the problems Salford have had, I think if fans know it is chaotic, this will only increase the probability of people seeking alternative transport than using their own car, using fuel sat in traffic.
It good that fans from Ponte will be able to walk fairly easily but we're CASTLEFORD Tigers. Most folk will want to walk from Cas so there's a net loss on the current situation.
What's stopping people walking from Cas? It's the same distance from Ponte town centre to the new stadium as it is from places like Cas town centre (1.5 miles each way or a 30-35 minute walk).
I know you like to look at everything Cas related through rose tinted specs but trust me, it's going to be chaotic.
Nothing to do with backing Cas or being rose-tinted - just the practicality of the situation. Local bus companies have already supported the initiative by putting on increased services and I reckon train services will follow once they know there's a profit to be made from it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 09:22

But will a bus come right down Healdfield road right into the new estate there.
Cos I'll tell you what, it's a bloody long walk from there to the civic centre, even worse when it's peeing it down and you are walking into a gale.
Buses don't pick up right out side your house, you have to walk to a bus stop.

If you can get me a bus right to my door I'll jump on it and use it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Mar 2017, 09:27

When the new stadium is built, I think we will play all our matches on a Thursday or Friday night, there should be loads of spare parking spaces at junction 32 and BQ I am sure these could be made into pay car parks on match nights , it would be a nice little earner for any of the firms that own them

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 Mar 2017, 09:29

Hope not. Summer Sunday afternoons will be great up there. Xscape with the family - attact more away fans too I believe.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 09:34

gateman wrote:When the new stadium is built, I think we will play all our matches on a Thursday or Friday night, there should be loads of spare parking spaces at junction 32 and BQ I am sure these could be made into pay car parks on match nights , it would be a nice little earner for any of the firms that own them

Tbf gateman, even on an evening time it's packed up at xscape.
I go to the cinema on an evening and it's hard to find a parking space.
Maybe junction 32 car park could be used. Just a thought.
Though does the barrier come down around 10pm on that car park.....not sure.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Mar 2017, 09:39

I too have dropped my grandkids of at the escape as you say its always full , my idea was the shopping outlet and BQ a lot of spare capacity there £5 a car I wish I owned them

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Mar 2017, 09:39

I too have dropped my grandkids of at the escape as you say its always full , my idea was the shopping outlet and BQ a lot of spare capacity there £5 a car I wish I owned them

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 28 Mar 2017, 10:07

The X scape overflow car park behind the train station is almost always empty. Maybe the club could strike a deal to use it for match day parking

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 28 Mar 2017, 10:07

Just another thing to note for anyone who is a bit skeptical about the stadium happening - £13 million has already been spent on the 5 towns park project.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 10:11

Craigy B wrote:The X scape overflow car park behind the train station is almost always empty. Maybe the club could strike a deal to use it for match day parking

Didn't even know that was there.
Also there is a lot of spare ground close to that car park, maybe make it even and use that.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 28 Mar 2017, 10:13

HuddsTigers wrote:New ground will have easy access to a train station, walking distance from Ponte, regular bus services out to Knottingley and Cas. There will also be a shuttle bus from Cas to the ground.

In reality, the only people who will need to drive are those who work and will drive straight to games, corporate hospitality, elderly and disabled and those who live far away.

The vast majority of local people will be in close proximity to some form of public transport to get them there.
Yea right Hudd in your dreams. You and everyone knows it will be a traffic nightmare.

I hope they are building a footbridge from the station ...........you are not suggesting they walk over the 8 lanes of traffic?

Robbo
Truth is always best !

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 28 Mar 2017, 10:15

The buses could drop off at the rear of the ground away from the main road entrance to help with congestion.

Lots of options to look at and plenty of time.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 28 Mar 2017, 10:20

old cas lass wrote:
gateman wrote:When the new stadium is built, I think we will play all our matches on a Thursday or Friday night, there should be loads of spare parking spaces at junction 32 and BQ I am sure these could be made into pay car parks on match nights , it would be a nice little earner for any of the firms that own them

How you going to cross that road?
Truth is always best !

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 10:25

Robbo wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

How you going to cross that road?
Good point robbo.

Either a tunnel under the road, which will put extra cost on the project.
Or a bridge.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Mar 2017, 10:26

Isn't there already a pedestrian crossing from J32/Xscape towards Stainburn/the stadium?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Mar 2017, 10:30

You have to take your life in your hands to get across park road as it is theres going to be serious congestion match days..we just have to find ways around the problems we need that new ground
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Craigy B
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Craigy B » 28 Mar 2017, 10:42

It's easy. Park in xscape, freeport or B&Q. Over to xscape for a drink. Up to the singing chocker for one, on to the George V. Up to the Royal Oak. Across the road at the crossing then back down the other side stopping in the Malt Shovel, Glasshoughton, and Star on the way back down

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Mar 2017, 10:45

Craigy B wrote:It's easy. Park in xscape, freeport or B&Q. Over to xscape for a drink. Up to the singing chocker for one, on to the George V. Up to the Royal Oak. Across the road at the crossing then back down the other side stopping in the Malt Shovel, Glasshoughton, and Star on the way back down

Like your style Craigy B :D