Solomona settlement

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Solomona settlement

Post by mart0042 » 23 Feb 2017, 13:13

Just heard on midday radio Leeds that case adjourned about solomona and its going to be settled out of court.

Danny Boy
Verified

Re: Solomona settlement

Post by Danny Boy » 23 Feb 2017, 13:24

Great news - reckon we must have got a good wedge for him!
Danny Boy

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Feb 2017, 13:29

If true best news ever for both parties getting the legal people involved with their sky high fees could have bankrupt either party, get the cash in the bank and lets move on

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 23 Feb 2017, 13:36

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Feb 2017, 13:43

Looks like the legal bods have enacted some common sense from Sale's part to resolve this before court. Perhaps they realise they are up against it when reviewing the court documents from both parties and decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm a little disappointed that it hasn't gone all the way to close the loophole but hopefully the RFL will include in their contracts that if a player leaves to go to rugby union, they must pay the club the full extent of their remaining deal.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 23 Feb 2017, 13:43

Anyone else think it'll be settled out of court but the amount will be undisclosed?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Feb 2017, 13:46

WallTiger wrote:Anyone else think it'll be settled out of court but the amount will be undisclosed?

Doesn't it have to be declared to our shareholders through the accounts? Therefore, not likely to be kept secret very long.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Feb 2017, 14:00

Great news congratulations Cas we really must have had a rock solid case for the Kick and Clap boys to wave the white flag.
I hope this precedent will deter any future skullduggery and mean that contracts are legal documents.
I hope Clarkes credibility has been severely dented by his involvement.
So thanks Denny l enjoyed your athleticism and of course the cash in the bank.
Good luck in your new career.
Buy yourself a dictionary and look up the word integrity.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Feb 2017, 14:00

HuddsTigers wrote:Looks like the legal bods have enacted some common sense from Sale's part to resolve this before court. Perhaps they realise they are up against it when reviewing the court documents from both parties and decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm a little disappointed that it hasn't gone all the way to close the loophole but hopefully the RFL will include in their contracts that if a player leaves to go to rugby union, they must pay the club the full extent of their remaining deal.
It was always going to end this way. See my previous posts

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 23 Feb 2017, 14:01

HuddsTigers wrote:Looks like the legal bods have enacted some common sense from Sale's part to resolve this before court. Perhaps they realise they are up against it when reviewing the court documents from both parties and decided it wasn't worth it.

I would have thought that sale and solamona are admitting that they are in the wrong and the the barristers along with the rfl are drawing something up to be signed so it can't happen again.

Could this money be given to the firm building the new ground so we could fill a corner in? Or pay for the redevelopment of wheldon road? Or pay some of the Fulton loans off?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Feb 2017, 14:09

We get a load of money hes talk of union shame he couldnt have gone about it in a way in which he would always be welcome back at cas ...move on
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 23 Feb 2017, 14:14

I would use it to help pay the Fultons back. I just hope we find out exactly what we are getting. We wanted 500k but I doubt it will be that. Has to be close.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 23 Feb 2017, 14:20

We need to play hard ball with them and get as much as possible. No rolling over with a "that will do" make them pay heavily for the shambolic way they have gone about the whole scenario. Make an example of them. It's business at the end of the day.

ricardo07

Post by ricardo07 » 23 Feb 2017, 14:22

Great news for you boys and rugby league in general. :D

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Feb 2017, 14:34

Normy-Tiger wrote:I would use it to help pay the Fultons back. I just hope we find out exactly what we are getting. We wanted 500k but I doubt it will be that. Has to be close.
I would use it to strengthen our squad for a top 4 push. Another replacement winger will do me. Rest of the money can go into the business.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 23 Feb 2017, 14:38

Been in the high court and luckily we won ...........but at this stage significant costs will have arisen.
The bundles will have been exchanged and then the other side can see the case.
Unless we have dropped a major clanger I cannot see that CAS are wrong and now just have to agree a figure.
There maybe a NDA attached so we may not get to know. Not sure where it will show in the accounts but unless they cannot tell us we should get to know.
Truth is always best !

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 23 Feb 2017, 14:44

It's not a done deal yet. if an agreement can't be reached which satisfies cas we can still go through the court.

It does look as though either the legal team for sale have realised that Cas have a valid case and unless settled outside of the court room sale could be left with a hefty compensation bill our legal cost etc and a reputation in tatters
Last edited by viva brad on 23 Feb 2017, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Feb 2017, 14:47

I'll be surprised if there isn't an NDA in which case we will never know the terms

terminaldecline
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by terminaldecline » 23 Feb 2017, 15:13

I'll be surprised if there isn't an NDA in which case we will never know the terms
I hope there is a NDA in place that's legally binding to both sides. With Sale having Steve Diamond and his big gob, we'll end up with a 2nd payment not long afterwards

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 23 Feb 2017, 15:18

HuddsTigers wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:I would use it to help pay the Fultons back. I just hope we find out exactly what we are getting. We wanted 500k but I doubt it will be that. Has to be close.
I would use it to strengthen our squad for a top 4 push. Another replacement winger will do me. Rest of the money can go into the business.
Defo agree with this.or put to one side for a big signing next season