Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by mart0042 » 09 Sep 2016, 11:55

http://www.wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news ... -belle-vue

Sounds like a new stadium at belle vue of they can agree details. Interesting times for them.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by WallTiger » 09 Sep 2016, 12:42

Interesting indeed. The bit that stands out is the co-operation of other parties already involved in Newmarket which I presume means WMDC & Yorkcourt. Does the mean that whilst the new owners are more than happy to have a new community stadium on the land they now own the funding will still need to come from Yorkcourt?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 09 Sep 2016, 13:10

It is not clear but I think they put it out to secure season tickets for next year and then they'll update their fans later.

Could be that its a ruse to get the season ticket money in and then pack the club in?

I can't personally see some one paying for the ground and the owners of the land get nothing. The owners must be getting rent. which itself could cause problems should the rates get too high.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 09 Sep 2016, 13:48

Hope it all comes off for them, I Hate to see old established Clubs go to the wall, But for the life of me I cannot see ,How
they are going to rebuild there and build all the other units as stated and were will the fans park there cars and buses its bad enough now, One does wonder if this another under hand deal by Carter ,who seems to say one thing and does another. Still good luck to them.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 09 Sep 2016, 14:25

Until we see the first bricks being laid at GH we are still stuck at WR. But the hurdles we had to jump to get this far has taken years. They might have to move to keep their SL licence s their ground is not compliant enough, then with the build at belle vue it could easily be 5 years.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 09 Sep 2016, 15:18

:roll: :roll: :roll: Another fairy-tale from the CAT with more than 9 lives :roll: :roll: :roll:

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 09 Sep 2016, 16:51

Sounds like the new owners of Belle Vue are keen on them to stay. If part of their business is building small supermarkets and food/drink outlets you can see why if a few were built on the old Superbowl car park,they'd be very busy on match days for starters.

Guess the sticking point will be getting Yorkcourt to cough up the cash to fund the rebuild, and would it be a phased build or would they move out for a season while the work gets done?.

Plus points for us is we still won't have to venture too far into the "City" when we play them at their place :)

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 09 Sep 2016, 17:47

A lot of ifs, buts and maybes in that statement.

Really can't see what's changed. From that it seems Yorcourt still have to fund the build and, as the scale of development at NM has yet to reach the point of triggering the S106, there is no lever with which to force them to do that.

All very confusing!

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 09 Sep 2016, 19:55

i think its just to keep the fans happy untill they sell season tickets then nothing will be done or said
till they dream up there next idea to sell tickets

billy tiger

Post by billy tiger » 09 Sep 2016, 21:45

onetiger wrote:i think its just to keep the fans happy untill they sell season tickets then nothing will be done or said
I like you do whith jack Fulton. Who's building you ground scroungers

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 09 Sep 2016, 22:23

dont you dare disrespect the good name of mr jack fulton -no one at wakefield could come close to jack.
you call cas scoungers you sell your ground to council 3 times then buy it back of cheap say you will do any improvements and you do sweet f a .always there with there hands out at wakefiled ..we have had no help from council were there is money involved ..yeah we getting a new ground but dont hold it against us that large bussiness see what a great asset and value for money the tigers are .......C O Y F .....new ground and all.....lol

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Sep 2016, 22:47

billy tiger wrote:
onetiger wrote:i think its just to keep the fans happy untill they sell season tickets then nothing will be done or said
I like you do whith jack Fulton. Who's building you ground scroungers
you do realise that jack has passed away don't you which makes your post very disrespectful.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 09 Sep 2016, 23:23

i agree lurcher but some are so brain dead show no respect for no one or nothing -

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Sep 2016, 18:21

Signs of things to come here :-

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_235 ... sbury.html?

A beautiful marriage ?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 14 Sep 2016, 10:28

Said that Dewsbury keep profits from pre season friendly. That's 100 quid then. I can feel a merger coming and playing at Dewsbury.

Kip Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kip Tiger » 14 Sep 2016, 16:28

Anyone that knows the owner of 88m will tell you that the Pussycats are doomed !!!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Sep 2016, 16:32

Kip Tiger wrote:Anyone that knows the owner of 88m will tell you that the Pussycats are doomed !!!
And why would this be? He seems to be saying all the right things and he could make money out of it with a long term rental. Its still reliant of Yorkcourt stumping up for the refurb and thats what will probably scupper it.

Kip Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kip Tiger » 14 Sep 2016, 16:37

The guy cares about nothing but himself. He will bleed them dry once the initial honeymoon period is over.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Sep 2016, 20:06

Kip Tiger wrote:The guy cares about nothing but himself. He will bleed them dry once the initial honeymoon period is over.
If yorkcourt don't come up with the goods then they'll leave next year anyway, Carter has stated that. If they do pay up theres no sense in developing the area for a retail development including the ground only to charge them so much to play there they go out of business 2/3 years down the line. He could do that right now if he wanted and save the hassle!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Sep 2016, 21:26

The Firm wrote:
Kip Tiger wrote:The guy cares about nothing but himself. He will bleed them dry once the initial honeymoon period is over.
If yorkcourt don't come up with the goods then they'll leave next year anyway, Carter has stated that. If they do pay up theres no sense in developing the area for a retail development including the ground only to charge them so much to play there they go out of business 2/3 years down the line. He could do that right now if he wanted and save the hassle!
think carter has said if things haven't started things moving in 6 months he's off anyway. you can only threaten to do this so many times before some one calls your bluff.
jo brand is eddie warings love child