Post by jackknife » 29 May 2019, 06:39

Signed for wakey for next year so im told
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Westerman n Atkins

Post by JIN JER » 29 May 2019, 09:20

I can't see either myself, Westerman isn't our type of player and Atkins, well we have Tupou and Lynne as first choice centres, I can't see Atkins being too happy being sat on the bench week in week out.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 May 2019, 11:17

You could always move Tupou on elsewhere jinger and sign Atkins ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 29 May 2019, 11:21

tigerfeat wrote:You could always move Tupou on elsewhere jinger and sign Atkins ...
Errr, no thanks. :)

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Jun 2019, 13:20

Screenshot_20190610-131929_Twitter.jpg
🐯 COYF!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jun 2019, 13:21

Carter has a track record of denying signings doesn't he though, which do come true?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Jun 2019, 13:24

HuddsTigers wrote:Carter has a track record of denying signings doesn't he though, which do come true?
Yes he does!
🐯 COYF!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Jun 2019, 14:40

HuddsTigers wrote:Carter has a track record of denying signings doesn't he though, which do come true?

He does. Makes him look silly tbh.
Best staying stum.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 10 Jun 2019, 14:56

Wakey seems to be very good at signing good players who you would think would be on a fair chunk of money but yet are still nowhere near the salary cap.id like to see team the could have if they spent up to it

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 Jun 2019, 21:54

Bolton-tiger wrote:Wakey seems to be very good at signing good players who you would think would be on a fair chunk of money but yet are still nowhere near the salary cap.id like to see team the could have if they spent up to it
Do you honestly believe the 'nowhere near salary cap line' that keeps getting rolled out?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Jun 2019, 00:35

the machine wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Wakey seems to be very good at signing good players who you would think would be on a fair chunk of money but yet are still nowhere near the salary cap.id like to see team the could have if they spent up to it
Do you honestly believe the 'nowhere near salary cap line' that keeps getting rolled out?
well they get the almost the same sky money as every one else so if they don't want to speculate to accumulate its up to them. quite a few teams have over speculated and gone down never to return and i think several more are doing the same now. wakey may be one but mc doesn't want to admit it so continues to deny signings.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Jun 2019, 08:13

Tupou, Johnston, Fifita, Miller will all be on good money. Tanginoa the new signing won't have come for peanuts and if Westerman does sign, he must be in the 80-100k bracket. I'm sick of Carter playing the woe is me card.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Jun 2019, 09:14

heritage1926 wrote:Tupou, Johnston, Fifita, Miller will all be on good money. Tanginoa the new signing won't have come for peanuts and if Westerman does sign, he must be in the 80-100k bracket. I'm sick of Carter playing the woe is me card.
This^

Can also add Bjb, Brough,

Arona and Ashurst won't be playing for washers either
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 11 Jun 2019, 10:29

Maybe that nice little loan the council gave them might be buying a few players. ;)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Jun 2019, 12:44

They are rumoured to be letting Huby go and have a few others off contract too. Salary cap has increased to £2m too.

Average SL salary is £70k and I'd imagine most won't be on more than that, which only takes you to £1.75m if this is the average across top 25 players.

Outside their top 17,I'd be surprised if any of the rest are on above £50k.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 11 Jun 2019, 13:23

lurcher wrote:
the machine wrote:
well they get the almost the same sky money as every one else so if they don't want to speculate to accumulate its up to them. quite a few teams have over speculated and gone down never to return and i think several more are doing the same now. wakey may be one but mc doesn't want to admit it so continues to deny signings.
I can't remember the exact figure but we're penalised quite heavily from our SKY money due the shocking state of our ground.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 11 Jun 2019, 20:10

JIN JER wrote:
lurcher wrote:
the machine wrote:
I can't remember the exact figure but we're penalised quite heavily from our SKY money due the shocking state of our ground.
As are we I think. Seems a rather perverse way to encourage clubs to spend money upgrading their facilities!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".