GB under 19s v AUS

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

GB under 19s v AUS

Post by gateman » 15 Dec 2018, 01:21

A great display from GB the forwards on top from the start The score 18-6 , no CAS players on show, our EX CAS Player Mclelland may be not spelt correctly had a very quiet game, Leeds have a lot of very good young talent along with Wigan and St Helens,

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: GB under 19s v AUS

Post by John » 15 Dec 2018, 09:39

Always has a quiet game but still gets picked we have better talent

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Dec 2018, 10:16

Looking at the bigger picture, great to beat the Aussies at this level. Although no Cas lads involved, we were represented by some originating from our system.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 15 Dec 2018, 10:30

England played with a simple but effective game plan and to a man/boy gave absolutely everything. The Aussies just couldn’t handle our physicality which is really encouraging and shows the game at youth level in this country is far from the basket case some would have you believe. Hopefully some of these young kids will get some first team action for their clubs this season. Fans always clamour for supersrars and overseas signings but I don’t think you can beat the pride in watching good young local talent breaking into the first team and ripping it up.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Dec 2018, 10:31

John wrote:Always has a quiet game but still gets picked we have better talent
Very true but his face fits and he's picked on what he did at 15 when he was an early developer. He's getting found out now other lads are as strong and his skill set isn't anything like good enough.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Dec 2018, 10:35

daytona wrote:England played with a simple but effective game plan and to a man/boy gave absolutely everything. The Aussies just couldn’t handle our physicality which is really encouraging and shows the game at youth level in this country is far from the basket case some would have you believe. Hopefully some of these young kids will get some first team action for their clubs this season. Fans always clamour for supersrars and overseas signings but I don’t think you can beat the pride in watching good young local talent breaking into the first team and ripping it up.
The issue isn't talent it's a lack of numbers,those that are playing are very good and there is a lot of depth beyond this England side,you could pick another 17 from the academies that would challenge this England side. The other issue is a lack of opportunity for these lads to keep developing.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 15 Dec 2018, 10:47

Very true Brayton. A mandatory reserves comp would certainly be the most natural progression for them which will hopefully be brought in for next season. It does seem odd though that one of the teams with the best young talent in Leeds oppose the idea.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Dec 2018, 12:29

as a follower of our Junior sides I can not understand why more people don't attend these matches one of the reasons I get a season ticket is the free entry to junior games it compensates for the first team matches I miss, playing Thursday nights and clashing with the TV game might be one of the reasons why crowd numbers are down ??

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Dec 2018, 14:40

gateman wrote:as a follower of our Junior sides I can not understand why more people don't attend these matches one of the reasons I get a season ticket is the free entry to junior games it compensates for the first team matches I miss, playing Thursday nights and clashing with the TV game might be one of the reasons why crowd numbers are down ??
Sorry to say mate your going to be disappointed when the fixtures are released all bar 1 game is either a Thursday or Saturday the only Sunday game is a morning ko at Huddersfield.

I think this years 19s side will go well,they should be pushing for a top 4 finish..

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Dec 2018, 18:20

I think you are right Braytontiger we have some talent coming through a number last year playing above the age level I will try and make it what ever day they play