Daz Clark Good Luck

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Daz Clark Good Luck

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Oct 2018, 08:14

The one thing that always kept you watching slugfests like yesterday was you knew any minute there was going to be a punch up now they rush in have a bit of a laugh and a mother's meeting someone may get pushed over
One or two players from back in the day would have found it amusing I'm sure
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Oct 2018, 08:30

Dennis Hartley and Malcolm for example!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Oct 2018, 14:14

Spanishtiger wrote:I thought it was particularly boring. Refs in general (this time Hicks) are incapable of pulling the Wigan defensive line back the full 10. I watches the game, with 20 plus minutes on the clock there was little doubt in the outcome.
exactly mate, its how they beat us last week. way offside especially at the short side forcing the attacking side wide which they are then set up to defend. holding down is ridiculous and their time wasting when they are trying to get their breath back just brings the game into disrepute. i watched it in a holiday resort pub with 200 others and every one was cheering for warrington.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Oct 2018, 12:25

It certainly wasn't a spectacle to behold and I for one do not wish to see the game played and/or won with that style of play but it seems to be the only way to win the GF. Having said that, I'm aware the pitch was damp but the weather in general appeared to suit a more open style of play if needed.

Whether you agree or not with Wigan's style of play and game plan, you have to acknowledge that Warne has coached them sufficiently well enough to get them executing the plan to the letter. I will give Wigan no more credit than that.

A few obvious incidents in the game on which I will only comment on Hicks' words to Tomkins on his second serious foul, "you need to sort it out". Sorry Mr Hicks but that's what you're there for, foul play should be dealt with appropriately by you. A trip, and it was leg first, at least 10 mins. Clear use of the knees, red card for the second serious foul.

Had Rat Boy been appropriately punished for the first offence he may have thought twice about the second.

Anyway, it's Warrington's year next year.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 15 Oct 2018, 13:01

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:Really enjoyed the game after last years washout. Both sides got stuck in and made it a really tense, absorbing game. Well done Wigan great win.
Thought it was a good tense game as a rugby league fan.
Can’t see it being remembered though.
I was reading about the 1985 Wigan v Hull Cup Final last night in ‘100 days that shook Rugby League ‘
It says that the 100,000 sell out at Wembley was the benchmark for great Rugby League matches
It was watched by millions on the BBC and at the end of the game Des Lyman said ‘If you weren’t a Rugby League fan before the match, I bet you are now ‘
We were a long way from that 33 years on
I watched that final again on dvd the other year and it’s incredible how the games gone backwards in skill level over the years. Fair enough it featured some of the greatest players of all time but compared to the knockonathons and wrestling we have now it’s light years away.

One of the finals in the early 90s was actually watched more than Eastenders! It’s unbelievable when you compare it to now.