Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Cat amongst the pigeons

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Aug 2018, 17:45

Sharlotiger wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:All of KRs squad have been granted their visas, get the feeling a lot this visa talk is just being spread to paint Toronto in a negative light by those who don't like the concept.
I quite like the concept but don't like the idea of sides going over there with only 15 players, it shows the sport in a very bad amateurish light.
As much as a side in Wales only playing with 14 men and getting tonked 0-130 you mean? (Or 144-0 away from home by the same team earlier this year)

Championship clubs have known the fixtures much longer and have had longer to prepare for the trip. Their excuses are their own doing for me.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 13 Aug 2018, 21:29

If I read correctly, online visa applications cost about £7 each. So why don't all the clubs invest £200 or so and apply for visas for their entire squads ?
Obviously some players may be refused, but at least the clubs would have plenty of time to decide whether to send them to the embassy or have a plan B and rest players x and y for the Toronto game.
Or is that too easy ?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 14 Aug 2018, 08:03

Spanishtiger wrote:If I read correctly, online visa applications cost about £7 each. So why don't all the clubs invest £200 or so and apply for visas for their entire squads ?
Obviously some players may be refused, but at least the clubs would have plenty of time to decide whether to send them to the embassy or have a plan B and rest players x and y for the Toronto game.
Or is that too easy ?
Thing is the Canadian Authorities have strong guidelines on previous convictions no matter how minor.
Clubs can get around this my landing in the USA and driving over the boarder.

Just needs a bit more planning and thinking if your influential players have previous.