England EP Squad

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

England EP Squad

Post by callum_walker » 09 Mar 2018, 15:59

The squad has been announced for the England Elite Performance Squad and I thought there were a few quite glaring omissions. https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 20777.html would any of these made your 21-man squad?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: England EP Squad

Post by derbystiger » 09 Mar 2018, 16:04

Tompkins has had his day, never been the same player since he got back from the NRL. Bennet will have made his mind up about him during his time over there, so I wouldn't expect rat boy to wear an England shirt whilst he's in charge. I agree with Sneyd, McShane and Shaul, but not Eden. How about doing a similar article with regard to the Knights squad? Thats where Eden should be in my opinion, along with Adz Milner

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Mar 2018, 16:34

Disagree on shaul his positioning in defence is awful miles off being a international full back for me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 09 Mar 2018, 16:56

tigerfeat wrote:Disagree on shaul his positioning in defence is awful miles off being a international full back for me
Agree. I've never understood what all the fuss is about him as a top grade full back.

He scoots well from the PTB but that's more of a hooker's role.

He's one of those players who the opposition seem to stand off and allow too much time and space. He would get eaten alive at the highest level.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 09 Mar 2018, 20:42

SuffolkTiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Disagree on shaul his positioning in defence is awful miles off being a international full back for me
Agree. I've never understood what all the fuss is about him as a top grade full back.

He scoots well from the PTB but that's more of a hooker's role.

He's one of those players who the opposition seem to stand off and allow too much time and space. He would get eaten alive at the highest level.
Jamie Shaul is a carbon copy of Matty Russell . Okay under a high ball , below par defender but great at scooting from dummy half . He wouldn’t be anywhere near the England squad if I was in charge . Tomkins is the best we have now though , Lomax and Ratchford just not good enough IMO.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Mar 2018, 20:49

Spot on