Solomona

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Danny Boy
Verified

Solomona

Post by Danny Boy » 27 Feb 2018, 20:10

DennySolomona commits his future to the North West as he puts pen to paper on a new deal with the Sharks!

I wonder how long that will last before he gets itchy feet!

The 24-year-old joined Sale on a three-year deal in December 2016 in a switch from rugby league side Castleford.

"He is a world-class finisher who is on the verge of playing for England all the time," said Sharks director of rugby Steve Diamond.

"He's a really great asset to have around and I think it's right we reward him with a long-term contract.

"He has more than justified our decision to bring him over from rugby league a couple of years ago.
Danny Boy

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Solomona

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Feb 2018, 13:37

To be fair, he is killing it at the moment. Defence is still a little suspect, but with the ball he's scoring world class tries.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 28 Feb 2018, 15:15

With hindsight he cost us nothing, had TWO good years, made us money when he went and isn't playing for the Pies or the Whinos. Probably not public enemy no.1 any more ....

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Feb 2018, 15:22

Spanishtiger wrote:With hindsight he cost us nothing, had TWO good years, made us money when he went and isn't playing for the Pies or the Whinos. Probably not public enemy no.1 any more ....
I don’t mind players going elsewhere, but the way he did it was the lowest of the low. Signed a contract extension with us that saw his pay rise, took the money and then didn’t honour his side of the deal.
You can bet he didn’t think he’d have to pay back the extra money he earned signing a contract he didn’t fulfil
Scumbag of the highest order.
The thing I find odd is how Sale are celebrating his deal. It’s not like they don’t know he has a history of walking out on contacts.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Feb 2018, 20:35

I also like the fact he has tweeted that he is glad to be staying in Manchester “for the next couple of years” when he has signed a four-year contract!
The irony.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Feb 2018, 22:28

RFU would intervene if he breached his contract, they are an extremely powerful organisation.
Their lack of intervention when he moved to Sale from Cas was not an issue for them .
They are contemptuous of our code.
They look after their own.
He will earn far more than he ever could in league ,also as long as he doesn't upset the powers that be he will be financially secure after his playing career is over.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Mar 2018, 01:06

Danny Boy wrote:DennySolomona commits his future to the North West as he puts pen to paper on a new deal with the Sharks!

I wonder how long that will last before he gets itchy feet!

The 24-year-old joined Sale on a three-year deal in December 2016 in a switch from rugby league side Castleford.

"He is a world-class finisher who is on the verge of playing for England all the time," said Sharks director of rugby Steve Diamond.

"He's a really great asset to have around and I think it's right we reward him with a long-term contract.

"He has more than justified our decision to bring him over from rugby league a couple of years ago.
is wigan classed as north west? ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 01 Mar 2018, 15:48

If he's chasing the money he will stay in Union

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 02 Mar 2018, 00:09

Yes Wigan can't pay yawnion money. Ask Charnley.