Adam Pearson interview

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Adam Pearson interview

Post by Aid » 11 Jan 2018, 08:50

There is a two page interview with the Hull FC owner in last Monday's Rugby League and League Express that is well worth a read.

He states that the "average wage" at Hull FC is £90,000. There is a lot of speculation on many fans forums, including this one, about how much individual players are paid that it is good to get a real life figure from someone who actually knows the facts. Also explains that there "so many dispensations" and "players that don't appear on the salary cap - though legitimately" Interesting stuff!

As I said it is well worth a read. I particularly enjoyed his take on Rugby Union; "I watched some club rugby union over Christmas and quite frankly it was shocking. I went to watch Leeds Carnegie and had to leave after 50 minutes because I was falling asleep"
cum on you Ford

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Adam Pearson interview

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Jan 2018, 14:46

There's an interview in the Wigan paper with Kris Radlinski that also talks about the cap that's worth a read.

It isn't as easy as just saying a player is paid X and that's how much he counts on the salary cap. There's lots of nuances and extra bits that we don't know about (or can't see).

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8949792
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Jan 2018, 10:59

HuddsTigers wrote:There's an interview in the Wigan paper with Kris Radlinski that also talks about the cap that's worth a read.

It isn't as easy as just saying a player is paid X and that's how much he counts on the salary cap. There's lots of nuances and extra bits that we don't know about (or can't see).

An interesting read.

Sarginson not wanted in the nrl so goes back. Leuielai wants hooker spot, mcillorum wants a better contract so he's released.

They are up to their financial limit and paying over 2.2m in salary cap by knowing the rules. They lose around £400k a year in a grand final or challenge cup winning year. My vote is for wane to lose his job this year, so much pressure.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Jan 2018, 11:26

HuddsTigers wrote:There's an interview in the Wigan paper with Kris Radlinski that also talks about the cap that's worth a read.

Kris knows the salary cap inside out, after all he did play for Wigan for free!