Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: can England do it

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Nov 2017, 12:36

[quote="tigerfeat”]george graham[/quote]

Only if we were going for a 1-0 win!
James Graham and Sam Burgess might stake a claim int he Australian forwards.
On form, you’ve got to wonder whether McGilvary would get in on the right edge.
I don’t think Widdop would be far away either, he’s well regarded in the NRL. He’s definately behind Cronk and Morgan though, and probably Munster too.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 27 Nov 2017, 11:00

Oz only got pushed by us in the tournament and most people said we look better with roby at 9. It is possible.

I would like to see Williams at interchange hooker but his kicking is nothing special. Gale makes the most out of poor field position and time. Maybe if we challenged for the ball in the air more we'd get better results for the risk. We seem happy to control the ball catcher.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 27 Nov 2017, 11:10

If only we had Shenton and Hardaker in the team, our attack would improve ten fold.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 27 Nov 2017, 12:21

takethetwo wrote:If only we had Shenton and Hardaker in the team, our attack would improve ten fold.
Quite right

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Nov 2017, 13:27

Anything is possible and I'll be cheering them on.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 27 Nov 2017, 17:41

mart0042 wrote:
takethetwo wrote:If only we had Shenton and Hardaker in the team, our attack would improve ten fold.
Quite right
Tbf widdop is doing a very good job at fb
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 27 Nov 2017, 17:59

He's done very well, but the natural instinct is there with Zak. Gale could play his own way because he knows Zak is there for whatever pass he gives. At the minute Gale tries to take the line on and he's got a centre who doesn't know his job and a winger with no pace. Everyone bagging Gale for not turning up in the World Cup needs to look at what he's having to working with.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Nov 2017, 18:24

takethetwo wrote:He's done very well, but the natural instinct is there with Zak. Gale could play his own way because he knows Zak is there for whatever pass he gives. At the minute Gale tries to take the line on and he's got a centre who doesn't know his job and a winger with no pace. Everyone bagging Gale for not turning up in the World Cup needs to look at what he's having to working with.

Well he won’t have Zak at the side of him next year so he’ll have to get used it and change the way he plays.
I’m sure DP will change it.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 27 Nov 2017, 20:40

Shenny was given the choice to go on tour or play in Grand Final, all because of the injury he sustained prior to end of season. Mike had the chance to let his injury heal and go to Australia, but decided to play in the final, even though not fit.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Nov 2017, 21:03

fast hands wrote:

Shenny was given the choice to go on tour or play in Grand Final, all because of the injury he sustained prior to end of season. Mike had the chance to let his injury heal and go to Australia, but decided to play in the final, even though not fit.
Is that official or rumour? I just think that if true it's a shame fans weren't told and can't see why it would be kept secret

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 27 Nov 2017, 22:19

I agree with you Tamworth tiger why would that be kept a secret. If true he chose to play for his club much respect but an unfit Shenton would be better than Bateman I feel so sorry for Percival the lads a natural centre but still we insist playing a forward out of position going into a world club final .. would the Aussies do this I think not

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Nov 2017, 02:09

Ladytiger wrote:I agree with you Tamworth tiger why would that be kept a secret. If true he chose to play for his club much respect but an unfit Shenton would be better than Bateman I feel so sorry for Percival the lads a natural centre but still we insist playing a forward out of position going into a world club final .. would the Aussies do this I think not
Yes they have done many a time
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Nov 2017, 10:54

i am going for an England win with a score of 24 - 18 all the pundits and the bookies have us down to be comprehensively beaten, I was at the Suncrop Stadium a few tours ago when New Zealand were in the same position as us , they turned the Australians over that night, COME ON ENGLAND YOU CAN DO IT

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 28 Nov 2017, 11:14

To answer the original question on this thread. NOT A CHANCE. Think it will be closer than some are predicting but while ever an Aussie coach is trying to get English players to play the Aussie way it's defeat all the way.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Nov 2017, 11:33

Fine but to be fair we've been trying English coaches too and since 1972 it hasn't made a difference

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 28 Nov 2017, 11:39

Agreed but most of them wanted to play the Aussie way too. Game based on defence and completion rate. Boring as lol.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Nov 2017, 12:29

Sadly with the exception of Cas and Melbourne there now is only one accepted way.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Nov 2017, 17:54

I thought George Williams would have got a go seeing we are an hooker down, good hands good defender and kicker, another one who is a bit unlucky is Percival this lad as had some very impressive matches when playing against us, but the England coach as put a second row forward in his position , a strange one is that

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 29 Nov 2017, 13:16

Bennett has already stated he prefers Bateman's defensive qualities and when you consider how easily Gale was swept aside last Saturday that may be the reason he thinks additional defence is required down that side.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 29 Nov 2017, 18:02

Gale was swept aside because he was one on one with one of the strongest players in the Tongan team where was Bateman as he was ment to support him . If you watch that tackle again watch Bateman running back . Coudnt catch a cold.