Re: England v Tonga.

Post by Scoopage » 21 Nov 2017, 14:15

Tonga a cracking price at 13/8

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 21 Nov 2017, 16:57

Some people on twitter/fb are bashing Luke Gale, but I think overall he had a good game against PNG. I don’t remember him knocking on like most of the team, he took on the line more, made a couple of clean breaks and his kicking game was pretty solid.

I feel like the twitter crowd just want to find someone to blame.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Nov 2017, 17:00

SFOtiger wrote:Some people on twitter/fb are bashing Like Gale, but I think overall he had a good game against PNG. I don’t remember him knocking on, he took on the line more, made a couple of clean breaks and his kicking game was pretty solid.

I feel like the twitter crowd just want to find someone to blame.

He’s the scape goat from most fans from other clubs.
The other one is hodgson.

He had his best game at the weekend even with hodgson playing a lot of the game.
TBH I’ll be glad when it’s over with.
We can start looking forward to the Boxing Day game.

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 21 Nov 2017, 17:15

Agreed on all of that OCL. I’ve enjoyed watching a lot of the games, but at this point its going to take a miracle for anyone to stop the Aussies.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Nov 2017, 18:14

The FB trolls seem to be basing their opinion f Gale on the fact he doesn't play for England like he does for Cas - nos hit Sherlock - he's playing for England and not for Cas!

The setups are different, the players are different and the [Cut out the swearing] coach is different.

Having said that I think he's grown over the course of the comp and apart from his brain explosion when he knocked Meed out, he did ok with what he had to work with against the Kumnals. A bit more support and he'll shine even more.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Nov 2017, 18:18

Gale had a great game. There was an idiot near me slanged him off fairly close to the start of the match saying he wasn't fit to clean Sneyd's boots it was obvious he'd made his mind up pre match. The bloke next to him said 'well I'm a Hull fan and I don't agree' At the end of the game Luke was getting clapped off by most of the fans. The idiot shut up but was too arrogant to admit he was wrong.
Hodgson was a lot better as well and has clearly listened to the justified concerns from the last game. We are improving as a side.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Nov 2017, 18:19

Hes not been helped by having a non center on his side of the field why bennett didnt pick shenton if he wasnt going to play percival is a mystery to me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Nov 2017, 13:32

tigerfeat wrote:Hes not been helped by having a non center on his side of the field why bennett didnt pick shenton if he wasnt going to play percival is a mystery to me
According to the reports I read yesterday, Bateman gets the nod because of his defensive qualities. I think that just about sums up Wayne Bennett.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 22 Nov 2017, 14:06

Flat Capper wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Hes not been helped by having a non center on his side of the field why bennett didnt pick shenton if he wasnt going to play percival is a mystery to me
According to the reports I read yesterday, Bateman gets the nod because of his defensive qualities. I think that just about sums up Wayne Bennett.
Strange one that, as he’s left the best defensive centre in the league, Shenny, at home!
Danny Boy

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 22 Nov 2017, 14:23

Flat Capper wrote:

And because he is SOL's love child.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Nov 2017, 14:42

Danny Boy wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Strange one that, as he’s left the best defensive centre in the league, Shenny, at home!
Hence my comment about Bennett.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 25 Nov 2017, 08:03

Jesus that got nervy very quickly. Fantastic defence for 70 minutes then a 6 minute lapse nearly cost us.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 25 Nov 2017, 08:11

Just give the trophy to Australia, the whole tourney is a waste of time

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Nov 2017, 08:52

I wouldn't say the tournament was a waste of time for Tonga,Fiji & PNG!.

Maybe we need some of our Fans to be a nuisance at the Australian team hotel next friday night though! ;)

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 25 Nov 2017, 09:31

Not sure how anybody who witnessed that this morning can say it is a pointless tournament. It was an outstanding advert for the game and the atmosphere and spectacle was amazing. For rugby league to survive and grow, a strong and vibrant international game is essential. This will get far more column inches than the domestic game will ever get and it is a great platform for the game to push on internationally. I just hope the powers that be embrace it and push on.
As for next week if England are at there best and the Aussies are off a bit we have a good chance I think. Just remember cas were by far the best team last season and still came up short in a one off game at the end.
England and proud! #wallofwhite

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 25 Nov 2017, 10:15

takethetwo wrote:Jesus that got nervy very quickly. Fantastic defence for 70 minutes then a 6 minute lapse nearly cost us.
It bloody did cost me, i had a small fortune on England -6.
I also had McGillvary 10/1 1st try scorer so not to disappointed
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Nov 2017, 13:00

daytona wrote:Not sure how anybody who witnessed that this morning can say it is a pointless tournament. It was an outstanding advert for the game and the atmosphere and spectacle was amazing. For rugby league to survive and grow, a strong and vibrant international game is essential. This will get far more column inches than the domestic game will ever get and it is a great platform for the game to push on internationally. I just hope the powers that be embrace it and push on.
As for next week if England are at there best and the Aussies are off a bit we have a good chance I think. Just remember cas were by far the best team last season and still came up short in a one off game at the end.
England and proud! #wallofwhite
Absolutely. The Tongans fans were amazing. Totally committed to their team in their 10s of thousands but generous to a fault in defeat, and still showing their pride and passion for their sport hours after the game. It was a great advert for not only for the sport but for the World Cup too. Thankfully they and the other Pacific Nations aren't blinkered about the ability of the World Cup to grow our sport if the world's media and blinkered fans give it a chance. (Actually the bit about blinkered fans is less important. Anyone who saw today's match with a love for the game and an even slightly open mind couldn't fail to have been impressed).

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 25 Nov 2017, 13:20

jackknife wrote:
takethetwo wrote:Jesus that got nervy very quickly. Fantastic defence for 70 minutes then a 6 minute lapse nearly cost us.
Get it all back today.
Defi Du Seuil in the 2:40 at Ascot currently 10/11.

I've had quite a large double with Cue Card at 2/1.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 25 Nov 2017, 15:56

takethetwo wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Get it all back today.
Defi Du Seuil in the 2:40 at Ascot currently 10/11.

I've had quite a large double with Cue Card at 2/1.
good tip