England

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

England

Post by gateman » 31 Oct 2017, 17:29

Bateman at centre in front of Percival, is he injured ?? every time we have played saints this lad as always looked good , I rate him a top class centre to play a lad that only fills in at his own club as a centre when injury's dictate is beyond me, nice to see Luke keeping his place

casgadger

Re: England

Post by casgadger » 31 Oct 2017, 17:51

I think it is interesting to note that of the squad of twenty four 11 ply their trade in Lancs (Dennis Betts territory) 7 from the NRL and only 6 from Yorks. It is also interesting to note that the teams who finished 1,2,3 this year in superleague have only 5 players BETWEEN THEM in the squad and the team who finished 4th from bottom have 4 in the squad. Obvioulsy Betts is giving the advice to Wayne Bennett here and whilst Bennett cannot attend any matches during the season i cannot see how Betts can get to see many either given his commitment to Widnes!!!
I personally think that we have the wrong tactics in trying to strongarm the aussies at their own game and the rugby we played over the last few tournaments (last years 4 nations aside) is the way to beat them, fast play of the ball and flowing rugby. After Fridays game i fear for what will happen when the Aussies get their game together. Hope im wrong but..............