Leeds v Hull

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Leeds v Hull

Post by Le Van » 31 Aug 2017, 21:47

So I'm just sat here awaiting for the final hooter so that I can go to bed. ....

All things considered this is a load of tosh. ..

The only way way that we can't win the big one is if we beat ourselves. ...

Without being smug we are miles better than these two no question. ..

We need to be aware it's ours to lose and there will be no excuses if we don't. ..

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds v Hull

Post by flood light tiger » 31 Aug 2017, 22:23

I think both coaches have got issues to sort out within their teams
Hull player placing ball onto Leeds back to get a penalty
J J Bucannon did same thing
head butt from burrow should have been sinbinned
both teams playing for a penalty to get them out of trouble
forward passes from Hull to score 2 of their tries
I could go on and on I thought both coaches bitching about each other

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 31 Aug 2017, 22:35

I find it sad and incredible that they are 2nd and 3rd on the table,it's a shame there's no club call any more as surely either of those playing like that would be a easier match than saints/Wigan or Wakey.

That headbutt was bizarre, any other team straight red.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Sep 2017, 08:08

Hull rested a couple and certainly did not look like the team that run us close at Weldon RD , what I didn't like was the way they seem to moan every time a decision goes against them and trying to milk penalty's at every opportunity they did this when they played us in the challenge cup, I will say no more about the standard of refereeing we have an overseer of REFFS what the hell he brings to the game is beyond me ,

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 01 Sep 2017, 10:02

It looked like a rusty team and a tired team. I said at the start this will be a 40-30 game. Was nearly right. Poor defence and poor attack. I don't fear either of them.

They say Leeds are improving but clearly not. I can expect a performance like that from hull after the cup win but even a half decent defence would have won them the match.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 01 Sep 2017, 10:22

although it looked like 2 poor teams I disagree that the only way we don't win the big one is by beating ourselves.styles make matches and hull match up well to us.we seem to be able to beat leeds fairly comfortably yet hull have been taken apart a few times and can't win at headingley regardless of the opposition.semi final and finals football will see gameplans executed that will try to slow us down and drag us in to the armwrestle.can we overcome negative tactics-maybe but it could very well depend on how the game is reffed as much as how we play.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 01 Sep 2017, 11:24

Bramley Tiger wrote:although it looked like 2 poor teams I disagree that the only way we don't win the big one is by beating ourselves.styles make matches and hull match up well to us.we seem to be able to beat leeds fairly comfortably yet hull have been taken apart a few times and can't win at headingley regardless of the opposition.semi final and finals football will see gameplans executed that will try to slow us down and drag us in to the armwrestle.can we overcome negative tactics-maybe but it could very well depend on how the game is reffed as much as how we play.
Against us, hull used a condensed defence and through the middle. Against Leeds they didn't. I said a while ago, these teams can put it together in occasional matches but not for extended periods. We have to be smart and move the ball to get them working.

And your quite right, if the ref allows offsides and a short 10, we need to change our game plan. I'm sure DP will get them trained to cope.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 01 Sep 2017, 11:52

Poor poor quality game,negative tactics,referring abysmal Rugrat should have been red carded,
Play the ball inconsistency ,forward passes off side video referring,the list is long and not pretty,some good performances by some of the youngsters.
High light McDermott completely losing the plot never seen him as animated.
In the immediate post match interview.
Decoding what he said however he was right ,players welfare,inconsistency of officiating it's not good enough.
Think he'll get a heafty fine.
Hope Rhinos grow a pair and other clubs join the referees need to be made accountable .
We have freedom of speech in the country a right my father along with millions of others fought for.
Redhall needs to be challenged on the sanctions they hand out when someone makes a perfectly valid point.
No South Stand home advantage diminished for the semi final.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 01 Sep 2017, 12:10

Thankfully I haven't seen the game but f'book RL sites are full of Hull fans moaning at the ref and in particular the (well known) proficiency of Childs to pull up niggling penalties.

I find this ironic from fans of a team that deliberately plays to get these penalties and did so to great effect in the CC quarter final at their place.

Overall though, what do we expect from teams coached by two of the old guard Bradford Bulls team that just used the big lads to drive for five and kick? Neither Radders nor Bri Mac have any idea of what skillful RL is!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Sep 2017, 12:25

Yeah fonua throws himself forward every time hes tackled looking for a penalty ...moving off mark , trying to pass ball onto bloke thats just tackled em they must have spent a month of pre season practising it all ...i think i heard ellis say to childs its not just this game you do it every game against us
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Sep 2017, 12:47

two poor teams, I think it was ellis that said after one penalty "how can you penalise that, it happens a 100 times a game"
jo brand is eddie warings love child

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Sep 2017, 14:05

Hull are the masters at winning penalties all year their players have moved off the mark when playing the ball.the game wasn't the best made worse by some lets say in different refereeing.the coaching from child's to Delaney towards the end of the game I found quite bizarre and just makes you wonder about how impartial child's is. :shock:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Sep 2017, 14:13

braytontiger wrote:Hull are the masters at winning penalties all year their players have moved off the mark when playing the ball.the game wasn't the best made worse by some lets say in different refereeing.the coaching from child's to Delaney towards the end of the game I found quite bizarre and just makes you wonder about how impartial child's is. :shock:
Agree brayton about child having that little chat with Delaney.
I really thought child was coaching him and offering some tips.
Very unprofessional of the ref.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 01 Sep 2017, 14:55

Hull are fast becoming one of my disliked teams. Every time the play they try to milk every penalty, moan about every one given against them and if the other team get on a roll miraculously one of their players goes down right where the play is so that play has to be stopped.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Sep 2017, 16:16

viva brad wrote:Hull are fast becoming one of my disliked teams. Every time the play they try to milk every penalty, moan about every one given against them and if the other team get on a roll miraculously one of their players goes down right where the play is so that play has to be stopped.
This^^

I cannot stand watching them play anymore. It's up to us to find a way to get around these tactics and hopefully (if the ref can see through them) we will prevail.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 01 Sep 2017, 17:31

It is strange how it can take 2 or 3 defenders to haul Hull's wingers to ground in the tackle but fall forward dramatically with little contact before playing the ball.

Maybe its a build up of lactic acid in their legs :-k