Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Kip Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by Kip Tiger » 14 Sep 2016, 16:28

Anyone that knows the owner of 88m will tell you that the Pussycats are doomed !!!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Sep 2016, 16:32

Kip Tiger wrote:Anyone that knows the owner of 88m will tell you that the Pussycats are doomed !!!
And why would this be? He seems to be saying all the right things and he could make money out of it with a long term rental. Its still reliant of Yorkcourt stumping up for the refurb and thats what will probably scupper it.

Kip Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kip Tiger » 14 Sep 2016, 16:37

The guy cares about nothing but himself. He will bleed them dry once the initial honeymoon period is over.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Sep 2016, 20:06

Kip Tiger wrote:The guy cares about nothing but himself. He will bleed them dry once the initial honeymoon period is over.
If yorkcourt don't come up with the goods then they'll leave next year anyway, Carter has stated that. If they do pay up theres no sense in developing the area for a retail development including the ground only to charge them so much to play there they go out of business 2/3 years down the line. He could do that right now if he wanted and save the hassle!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Sep 2016, 21:26

The Firm wrote:
Kip Tiger wrote:The guy cares about nothing but himself. He will bleed them dry once the initial honeymoon period is over.
If yorkcourt don't come up with the goods then they'll leave next year anyway, Carter has stated that. If they do pay up theres no sense in developing the area for a retail development including the ground only to charge them so much to play there they go out of business 2/3 years down the line. He could do that right now if he wanted and save the hassle!
think carter has said if things haven't started things moving in 6 months he's off anyway. you can only threaten to do this so many times before some one calls your bluff.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Jan 2017, 11:22

Mick Carter interviewed here about possible ground-share with us :shock: :-

"I think 15 years ago if me and Steve Gill had been involved at that time I think we probably would have found a solution between the two towns where we could have shared.

"I think the trouble now is the location for me, they're going to have this brand new facility in Glasshoughton and if we went there for all intense of purposes that's Castleford's stadium and we're just lodgers.
"I think surely we could have found a site, somewhere like Normanton, which is halfway between the two towns and the nearest end to Castleford is Castleford's end and the nearest end to ours is our end.
"I'm sure between the two of us and the willing partners we could have got something sorted but unfortunately now it looks like that boat has now sailed and Cas are very close I'm led to believe to getting everything sorted for their brand new facility and good on them.
"I wish them all the best with that and that will leave us, in my opinion, being the embarrassment of Super League".

Full interview from LoveRugbyLeague here :-

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_245 ... -back.html

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Jan 2017, 11:35

It's a good read. It currently sounds good for us, but it could have been the other way round a couple of years ago

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 08 Jan 2017, 14:01

mart0042 wrote:Until we see the first bricks being laid at GH we are still stuck at WR. But the hurdles we had to jump to get this far has taken years. They might have to move to keep their SL licence s their ground is not compliant enough, then with the build at belle vue it could easily be 5 years.

Bradford Wildcats?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jan 2017, 17:02

I like carter and a lot of that makes sense. however he says they would only be tenants at cas but they are only tenants at belle vue.
I suppose it comes down to whether you want to be a tenant in your city or a tenant outside the boundary but in a new modern stadium. tough call.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 08 Jan 2017, 20:28

noxandrattles wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Until we see the first bricks being laid at GH we are still stuck at WR. But the hurdles we had to jump to get this far has taken years. They might have to move to keep their SL licence s their ground is not compliant enough, then with the build at belle vue it could easily be 5 years.

Bradford Wildcats?
Stupid!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Jan 2017, 12:12

its only early january but someone on the wakey board as the cheekiest post of the the year award in the bag already suggesting the club only move to dewsbury if its as joint tenants :D ....why would dewsbury do that and whats in it for them spring to my mind
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 11 Jan 2017, 13:07

Read his post, he does explain himself somewhere in there, only his opinion.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Jan 2017, 19:08

JINJER wrote:Read his post, he does explain himself somewhere in there, only his opinion.
moving WTW to Dewsbury might happen sooner than some people think :-

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... 10725372/-

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 11 Jan 2017, 19:38

god my heart bleeds for them they have had more help than cas or fev have ever had and each time never seem to get there house in order..

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 12 Jan 2017, 11:55

They have had plenty of help but easily forget what has happened in the past. Don't forget according to most of them - its all WMDC's and Peter Box's fault.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 12 Jan 2017, 14:54

Tigerade wrote:They have had plenty of help but easily forget what has happened in the past. Don't forget according to most of them - its all WMDC's and Peter Box's fault.
Only most?
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Jan 2017, 11:16

It seems like a bit of bluster to get a new ground or they'll go.

Tbh, it is interesting the change in view of 88m, from being a saviour to now wanting to leave. Strange.

I would imagine that they are wanting the wildcats fans to push the development to enable the stadium update. They need to put a clause in to ensure the ground is done and passed over, like we have at GH.

Sounds like all its not rosy over there.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Jan 2017, 12:50

I haven't heard anything about 88M wanting to leave.
The guy who owns the company is Manni Hussain and is into hotels and student accommodation here :-

http://www.88m.co.uk/chairman.html

Something I cannot understand though is how there doesn't seem to be any pressure on him from WTW to get the ball rolling on the redevelopment of Belle Vue. Plans have been drawn up but why haven't they been disclosed ?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Jan 2017, 13:58

The leave was about wildcats leaving. I think this is the pressure by them to 88m to start or they'll leave.

Manni is a businessman, he can make more money per square metre from accommodation than what can be made by renting out the ground. That must be a worry for them

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 21 Jan 2017, 13:34

I see on their forum they are having another strop and are now talking about taking legal action. Good luck with that!