Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by alcasfan » 25 Jan 2017, 11:39

The WakeyRLfans forum idiots have been in full on "Box/Council Hate" mode for a couple of days now and are really losing their marbles!

Quote "Box has gifted Cas a brand new stadium, not even a community trust but here you go Cas have a stadium"

:shock:
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jan 2017, 11:47

the people that go on there forum are die hards like we would be at cas ,they cant get people to come and support a team in wakefield in big enough numbers they sure wont at dewsbury and most of them can see what the end game will be...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Jan 2017, 13:26

Yes the "Box delivered the new stadium for Cas" quote is a classic. As is the "lack of help,support and consideration to our plight" quote on a later post.

So to my knowledge the council have dug them out of previous holes in the past, & ignored the planning permission from the club when they put up the Benidorm flats!. What they fail to understand is Richardson is the real villain in this by selling the ground in shady circumstances years ago.

Also how Sir Rodney escapes flak is amazing...is this guy made of teflon?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Jan 2017, 13:34

I've read the thread and it's everybody to blame apart from their mismanagement over the years and the lack of people wanting to watch them.

Is always someonelses fault.

The fans are looking for someone to sue, maybe start with Rodney and work from there. Trying to sue the council is never good, so they get found guilty and then they empty your bins twice yearly to buy them a new stadium.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 25 Jan 2017, 15:01

This may be a simplistic view but from what I can gather their main beef with the council is two fold in that 1) they appear to not be doing anything to push the project along and this is because Box is a Cas fan yada yada yada and 2) the council were complicit in allowing planning permission for the Newcold build to be given outside the 106 agreement and therefore not counting towards the trigger point for the stadium build.

They appear to be rallying the troops for a potential legal battle but I'm not sure what this will achieve? It may well come out the Newcold PP should have counted but even if it does their still a long way short of the trigger point and I'm struggling to see what legally has been done wrong. Other than a moral victory against how the whole saga has been handled by the council/Yorkcourt what will change?

Perhaps someone more up on these matters can explain please?

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 25 Jan 2017, 17:09

i for one am sick to the back teeth of wakefield going on and on about mr box and how he let them down
when 3 times the council have stepped in and helped them out 3 times the council bought the ground and let wakefield
buy it back for 1-00pound as long as they carried out the improvments.ok they built a new stand and put a roof on it=lol
no one came forward to help out the tigers when steve gill said him self we was hour from going in to admin -no steve put together new b o d and they worked there butts off along with help from the late great mr n mrs fulton.sick of them blameing every one but them selfs....now they on about courts lawyers get over it wakefild and stop with he blame game look at the oneswho got you in this mess you old adivicers and board members =RANT OVER=

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 25 Jan 2017, 17:36

onetiger wrote:i for one am sick to the back teeth of wakefield going on and on about mr box and how he let them down
when 3 times the council have stepped in and helped them out 3 times the council bought the ground and let wakefield
buy it back for 1-00pound as long as they carried out the improvments.ok they built a new stand and put a roof on it=lol
no one came forward to help out the tigers when steve gill said him self we was hour from going in to admin -no steve put together new b o d and they worked there butts off along with help from the late great mr n mrs fulton.sick of them blameing every one but them selfs....now they on about courts lawyers get over it wakefild and stop with he blame game look at the oneswho got you in this mess you old adivicers and board members =RANT OVER=
here here.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Jan 2017, 18:26

WallTiger wrote:This may be a simplistic view but from what I can gather their main beef with the council is two fold in that 1) they appear to not be doing anything to push the project along and this is because Box is a Cas fan yada yada yada and 2) the council were complicit in allowing planning permission for the Newcold build to be given outside the 106 agreement and therefore not counting towards the trigger point for the stadium build.

They appear to be rallying the troops for a potential legal battle but I'm not sure what this will achieve? It may well come out the Newcold PP should have counted but even if it does their still a long way short of the trigger point and I'm struggling to see what legally has been done wrong. Other than a moral victory against how the whole saga has been handled by the council/Yorkcourt what will change?

Perhaps someone more up on these matters can explain please?
I think the point they are making is that by removing it, it doesn't count and so it makes it harder for Wakefield to achieve that trigger point. Also, it also means that YC can build that and profiteer from the site without building any other element, therefore using the PP as a trojan horse without doing any other element in return.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 25 Jan 2017, 20:03

onetiger wrote:i for one am sick to the back teeth of wakefield going on and on about mr box and how he let them down
Urban myth is that one one tiger. I might be a little out with figures but the general gist is the same.
WMDC bought BV off Trinity for £165K, Trinity years later paid WMDC £1, as A DEPOSIT, Trinity then paid back in (I believe) four instalments £225K, WMDC even got a little profit. Within three years of the sale the past owners (WMDC who had not done any remedial work on the floodlights) condemned our floodlights. HTH.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 25 Jan 2017, 20:13

JINJER wrote:
Urban myth is that one one tiger. I might be a little out with figures but the general gist is the same.
WMDC bought BV off Trinity for £165K, Trinity years later paid WMDC £1, as A DEPOSIT, Trinity then paid back in (I believe) four instalments £225K, WMDC even got a little profit. Within three years of the sale the past owners (WMDC who had not done any remedial work on the floodlights) condemned our floodlights. HTH.
Fine, the figures are a little out. But even you have to admit that Wakey fans have a bee in their bonnet over the council. It's a little 'cry me a river'

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 25 Jan 2017, 21:30

There seems to quite a few urban myths circulating on both sides of the common at the moment.

Another one that you might be able to dispel (or confirm) if you can please Jinge regarding the Benidorm flats. Organised by Ted but never paid for. The company who owned them came back for them but the cost of dismantling and transporting away from Belle Vue far outweighed the initial cost. Still not paid for and due to expire next season (2018). Urban myth or fact ?

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 25 Jan 2017, 23:33

Tigerade wrote:
There seems to quite a few urban myths circulating on both sides of the common at the moment.

Another one that you might be able to dispel (or confirm) if you can please Jinge regarding the Benidorm flats. Organised by Ted but never paid for. The company who owned them came back for them but the cost of dismantling and transporting away from Belle Vue far outweighed the initial cost. Still not paid for and due to expire next season (2018). Urban myth or fact ?
Not sure on that one Tigerade, I do seem to remember something along those lines, I'll see if I can suss that one.
The expiry in 2018, as I understood it the recommended lifetime of the boxes was of a certain timespan, that maybe where the 2018 comes in, a bit like saying a boiler generally lasts 20yrs but it may work safely for 30. As a specci who only uses them for the bars, on the surface they seem in good nick, no holes, bits falling off them, we might be able to take em to Dewsbury. :)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Jan 2017, 23:46

jinj, I may be wrong as its a long time ago but I seem to remember the flats had something to do with a bloke called roger pearman. he was a bit like that Michael knighton figure at man united and breezed into the club professing to be worth a lot of money. he had the flats installed and then was found out as a fantasist and did a runner leaving wakey with some thing that they didn't have the money for but also some thing they had never ordered. I may be imagining it but I'm sure some older trin fans will know the real facts.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 26 Jan 2017, 00:01

lurcher wrote:jinj, I may be wrong as its a long time ago but I seem to remember the flats had something to do with a bloke called roger pearman. he was a bit like that Michael knighton figure at man united and breezed into the club professing to be worth a lot of money. he had the flats installed and then was found out as a fantasist and did a runner leaving wakey with some thing that they didn't have the money for but also some thing they had never ordered. I may be imagining it but I'm sure some older trin fans will know the real facts.
I'm no oracle regarding Trinity Lurcher but the guy was John Pearman I believe, I think he played a small part at Trinity but wasn't involved in the flats. He was gonna invest heavily in Trinity, so much so that we tapped up Jason Robinson (with Pearman's money in mind) the RL got wind and we got a hefty fine for it. Shortly after he did a bunk and was sighted a few years later in Cypres I think it was.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Jan 2017, 01:52

sounds about right jinj, I bow to your superior knowledge.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jan 2017, 10:56

JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

Not sure on that one Tigerade, I do seem to remember something along those lines, I'll see if I can suss that one.
The expiry in 2018, as I understood it the recommended lifetime of the boxes was of a certain timespan, that maybe where the 2018 comes in, a bit like saying a boiler generally lasts 20yrs but it may work safely for 30. As a specci who only uses them for the bars, on the surface they seem in good nick, no holes, bits falling off them, we might be able to take em to Dewsbury. :)
I would suggest if the real owner put to high a price on the removal of the boxes, then wakey would struggle to find it.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 26 Jan 2017, 12:31

mart0042 wrote:
JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

I would suggest if the real owner put to high a price on the removal of the boxes, then wakey would struggle to find it.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 26 Jan 2017, 12:41

mart0042 wrote:
JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

Messed that last quote up! As far as I understand Trinity own everything from the ground upwards so ultimately they are ours. The big giveaway was the :D , it was done tongue in cheek! I can't imagine it would be cost effective to even entertain the idea. Might look nice at Glashoughton? :roll:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jan 2017, 13:44

JINJER wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

Messed that last quote up! As far as I understand Trinity own everything from the ground upwards so ultimately they are ours. The big giveaway was the :D , it was done tongue in cheek! I can't imagine it would be cost effective to even entertain the idea. Might look nice at Glashoughton? :roll:
They'd make great site offices for the build. You might have something there.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 26 Jan 2017, 13:46

£17,000,000 will sort it.