Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by alcasfan » 11 Nov 2017, 11:57

I get the feeling my post touched a nerve with someone close to the action/inaction there. 8)

"What's done, is done" as the saying goes.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Nov 2017, 12:41

I think you have Al. Wonder who Toady is ? Only 14 posts and all stadium related. :-k :-k :-k

For what it's worth - I cannot see a lawyer taking WT's case up in court. Not enough evidence against the accused. Meanwhile, the clock keeps ticking away.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2017, 13:25

Tigerade why dont you or al or the firm go on the wakey board and put the points across youve been making on here you all know the ins and outs of it would be interesting to see that following debate ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Nov 2017, 13:43

I can't tigerfeat. Banned for a joke that was taken as an offence by the politically correct Wakey fans.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 11 Nov 2017, 13:49

What I still dont get on their board is whilst they are clearly miffed shall we say with SRWs involvement why there still doesn’t seem to have been much questioning of the fact he was privy to the information about Newcold and asking serious questions of the Trust/Club how this would affect any court case?

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 11 Nov 2017, 14:03

tigerfeat wrote:Tigerade why dont you or al or the firm go on the wakey board and put the points across youve been making on here you all know the ins and outs of it would be interesting to see that following debate ...
I would be as welcome on there as a f...t in a spacesuit.

Posts not toeing the line are given the dogs abuse and then deleted by certain Mods
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Nov 2017, 14:06

WallTiger wrote:What I still dont get on their board is whilst they are clearly miffed shall we say with SRWs involvement why there still doesn’t seem to have been much questioning of the fact he was privy to the information about Newcold and asking serious questions of the Trust/Club how this would affect any court case?
SRW signed off the Newcold agreement (that it wouldn't count) on his own. There were no other trust members present and now there is only one current member who was on the trust at that time. Phil Townend (I think) aka TRB. He was duped by SWR no doubt but it still doesn't account for their incompetence in not seeing the detail that Al mentions.

I remember it at the time and a few Tigers fans were told to "troll-off" their board because they didn't want to hear anything of it. It was probably a bit of the old "boy that cried wolf" scenario but the warning fell of totally deaf ears. They didn't even check up on it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2017, 14:08

Ah right i see , would explain why theres not much of a alternative point of view on offer on there now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Nov 2017, 14:14

tigerfeat wrote:Ah right i see , would explain why theres not much of a alternative point of view on offer on there now
There are quite a few touchy subjects that have suddenly become "myths" to the WT fans on RLFans.com. Hence the recent attempt to get Al to prove his warning all those years ago on here by Toady.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alcasfan » 11 Nov 2017, 14:40

I can see what Toady is getting at. There may not have been express wording that "the Newcold application would not count towards the trigger point", but my point still stands - "the application is a stand alone and is in no way legally tied to the extant outline consent for the site should have set the alarm bells ringing and questions to be asked by those involved.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 11 Nov 2017, 16:45

Think Toady is a member of the Supporters Trust... Wonder which one it is?

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 11 Nov 2017, 17:34

Yeah, the Wakey RLfans is an echo chamber of blame everyone and anyone but who they really should because they don't have the mental capacity to actually take a look at the facts that have been there right from the start.

Toady

Post by Toady » 11 Nov 2017, 18:14

HuddsTigers wrote:Toady, that line was pulled out and posted on here by Al himself at the time when the application went up. And possibly on RLFans too.

Wakey fans read this forum and ignored it. So the question remains why if a Cas fan picked it out, not one Wakey fan did.
Link?
#UrbanMyth

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alcasfan » 11 Nov 2017, 18:25

Toady wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Toady, that line was pulled out and posted on here by Al himself at the time when the application went up. And possibly on RLFans too.

Wakey fans read this forum and ignored it. So the question remains why if a Cas fan picked it out, not one Wakey fan did.
Link?
#UrbanMyth
http://www.casforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... t&start=60

11th post down the page.

Tuesday July 9th 2013 6.49 pm
alcasfan wrote:In the words of the planning statement "the application is a stand alone and is in no way legally tied to the extant outline consent for the site"

I don,t suppose there will be many objections either from the local groups regarding the scale of the building 42 m high that is about 11 or 12 storey
BTW I wonder what was discussed when Ashton Smith met with Elson and Glover 15th May 2013 pre-planning application meeting?

Toady

Post by Toady » 11 Nov 2017, 19:10

alcasfan wrote:In the words of the planning statement "the application is a stand alone and is in no way legally tied to the extant outline consent for the site"

I don,t suppose there will be many objections either from the local groups regarding the scale of the building 42 m high that is about 11 or 12 storey
So, a new & separate application because of the height restrictions. No mention of trigger point.
Do you have another link?
Thanks for the support for my view #UrbanMyth

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alcasfan » 11 Nov 2017, 19:29

Toady wrote:

So, a new & separate application because of the height restrictions. No mention of trigger point.
Where have I ever said there was any mention of the trigger point?

The quoted line should have been enough to concern any one connected with the development.

Surely the people "involved" should have queried the implications at the time?
Last edited by alcasfan on 11 Nov 2017, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 11 Nov 2017, 19:32

Toady wrote:

#headinsand
#laughedoutofcourt

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alcasfan » 11 Nov 2017, 19:34

The Firm wrote:
Toady wrote:

#headinsand
#laughedoutofcourt
#asleepatthewheel

#wheresRodney

Toady

Post by Toady » 11 Nov 2017, 20:01

alcasfan wrote:
Toady wrote:

The quoted line should have been enough to concern any one connected with the development.

But that is the point.

The urban myth is that it was obvious that newcold would not count towards the trigger point and the helpful people from over the common even warned Wakefield fans about it.

On what grounds would the trust object to a relaxation of height restriction?

The height issue was the only reason given for the need for a separate application. Unless (like SRW) you were told directly about the council/developer's view that it would not count, why would you ever consider that land subject to a S106 obligation would not be included? As yet, there is still no evidence that this position from the LPA is actually correct or legally justified. We will see...

P.S. I am not, and have never been, a member of the trust. My house is quite close to the white monstrosity though.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 11 Nov 2017, 20:37

Toady wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
Toady wrote:

But that is the point.

The urban myth is that it was obvious that newcold would not count towards the trigger point and the helpful people from over the common even warned Wakefield fans about it.

On what grounds would the trust object to a relaxation of height restriction?

The height issue was the only reason given for the need for a separate application. Unless (like SRW) you were told directly about the council/developer's view that it would not count, why would you ever consider that land subject to a S106 obligation would not be included? As yet, there is still no evidence that this position from the LPA is actually correct or legally justified. We will see...

P.S. I am not, and have never been, a member of the trust. My house is quite close to the white monstrosity though.
You mean the CHAIRMAN of the Trust tasked with delivering the stadium!?

Notwithstanding why SRW chose not to tell the rest of the Trust (like you say this may come out in court) can you understand why it’s feasible for people to conclude that if the Chairman of the Trust was aware then the Trust as a whole/Club would be informed?

At the end of the day as has been said numerous times before the trigger point has not been reached even if they included Newcold today. So the only thing I can see court action wanting to achieve is exposing potential corruption. Even if that transpired other than some officials in public office facing serious charges it would not get Wakey a stadium.