Shaun Wanes Wigan

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Spot the cat

Shaun Wanes Wigan

Post by Spot the cat » 11 Oct 2014, 22:05

Shaun Wanes team won exactly what they deserved this season, absolutely sweet FA. They are just a team of thugs and tonight's GBH by Flower just goes to prove it, he should get a 8 match ban for that but knowing the RFLP he will only get 4 matches. ](*,)

We'll done Saints although after the first half performance I thought they might have blown it. :dance:

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Shaun Wanes Wigan

Post by duke street 10 » 11 Oct 2014, 23:10

Spot the cat wrote:Shaun Wanes team won exactly what they deserved this season, absolutely sweet FA. They are just a team of thugs and tonight's GBH by Flower just goes to prove it, he should get a 8 match ban for that but knowing the RFLP he will only get 4 matches. ](*,)

We'll done Saints although after the first half performance I thought they might have blown it. :dance:
Apparently Wane has said he will "stand by Flower" regardless of whatever punishment the RFL hand out.

The coach has no morals whatever and seems hell bent and turning the clock back 30 years to the thuggery he dished out on the field.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 11 Oct 2014, 23:30

Thug tactics by a scruffy thug "coach"
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 12 Oct 2014, 00:53

I have to agree, they have the players and ability to beat sides without the thuggish style of play. Flowers actions have tarnished the reputation of Wigan as for wane`s backing im not surprised his style of coaching was shown on the documentary of the wcc.

The difference in Bateman style of play since his move to Wigan is shocking, especially when mclorum is on the pitch.

I am not one for a ban of a bit of biff but what flower did is shocking and i hope he cops a very large ban, as well as a few very heavy hits next season

davenrtn123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by davenrtn123 » 12 Oct 2014, 07:05

Question. What would have happened to Flower if this had been a street fight recorded on CCTV or a phone for example?
The man needs the police to prosecute him as well as a Rugby League ban and fine. As for Mr Wane,if he is condoning such actions, he also should be dealt severely with as well.
The ref then went out of his way to keep Wigan in the game by ignoring high shots, forward passes etc.
Ball is in your court RFL.....sorry it's Wigan.........no case to answer !!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Oct 2014, 08:03

Punching an unconscious and defenceless many who is lying on the floor is a criminal act in my book, on or off the field of play.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 12 Oct 2014, 10:17

LO can press charges if he wants it's on the sky sports website

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 12 Oct 2014, 10:45

TigerB33 wrote:I have to agree, they have the players and ability to beat sides without the thuggish style of play.
I was at the match last night, the atmosphere, build up & intensity was FANTASTIC & left Wembley a distant 2nd. I only hope we can get there one day soon to savour what is a great occasion.
The match lost it's gloss in the second minute and there was only ever going to be one result, though tbf to Wigan & picking up on Tiger B33's point, Wigan (& obviously Flower) were fools to themselves as I believe their more expansive rugby would have won the game on a level playing field ... they did play the more attractive rugby throughout, even with 12 men.
But, as Leeds did to us at Wembley, Saints got the job done in a highly professional yet fairly drab & predictable manner, but ended up WINNERS, which for me counts for everything once you've reached that stage. At the highest level discipline, game plan & belief have all got to come first & stay in place for the full 80. Leeds at Wembley & Saints last night both did it all very well, having been round the block a few times before.
I believe DP & his team have the knowledge, skills & dedication to kick us on & take us to this next level. COYF!

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 12 Oct 2014, 11:06

Talking to an ex player at yesterday's match and he said that wane was a cowardly thug when he played and is instilling that into his team now. That's why he'll stand by flower, because he has coached him to play that way. Total disgrace

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 12 Oct 2014, 11:28

http://instagram.com/p/tmv_xuncIV/

Hope it is ok to post this link if not please feel free to remove. However it does highlight Wanes methods

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 12 Oct 2014, 12:43

What a complete ar5e he really is

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Oct 2014, 12:46

that about sums wayne up, I also think Lance Hohaia has something to answer to, same as when carney got suspended for hitting widnes's flynn as in both cases the retaliator got punished & not the perpetrators

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 12 Oct 2014, 15:23

I of the Tigers wrote: I was at the match last night, the atmosphere, build up & intensity was FANTASTIC & left Wembley a distant 2nd.
Could not agree more.........best it's been for a few years!
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Oct 2014, 15:25

I of the Tigers wrote:
TigerB33 wrote:I have to agree, they have the players and ability to beat sides without the thuggish style of play.
I was at the match last night, the atmosphere, build up & intensity was FANTASTIC & left Wembley a distant 2nd. I only hope we can get there one day soon to savour what is a great occasion.
The match lost it's gloss in the second minute and there was only ever going to be one result, though tbf to Wigan & picking up on Tiger B33's point, Wigan (& obviously Flower) were fools to themselves as I believe their more expansive rugby would have won the game on a level playing field ... they did play the more attractive rugby throughout, even with 12 men.
But, as Leeds did to us at Wembley, Saints got the job done in a highly professional yet fairly drab & predictable manner, but ended up WINNERS, which for me counts for everything once you've reached that stage. At the highest level discipline, game plan & belief have all got to come first & stay in place for the full 80. Leeds at Wembley & Saints last night both did it all very well, having been round the block a few times before.
I believe DP & his team have the knowledge, skills & dedication to kick us on & take us to this next level. COYF!
We were there last night and totally agree. Wembley was a great day out but last night was fantastic and the atmosphere awesome. Had our Cas shirts on and got lots of positive stuff said to us about Classy Cas and how awesome we had been this season from fans of other clubs

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 12 Oct 2014, 15:31

I wonder how Morgy reacted to it last night.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 12 Oct 2014, 15:57

Tamworth Tiger wrote: Had our Cas shirts on and got lots of positive stuff said to us about Classy Cas and how awesome we had been this season from fans of other clubs
Yes so did I, it was great to be able to share conversation with fans there from clubs other than the protagonists. I even spoke to a Whitehaven fan who said Cas were "his" SL team. Most I chatted to were wondering whether we can "go again" at such a level next year, especially with all the changes. Told 'em it'll be fun finding out!

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 12 Oct 2014, 16:07

viva brad wrote:http://instagram.com/p/tmv_xuncIV/

Hope it is ok to post this link if not please feel free to remove. However it does highlight Wanes methods
Where did that clip come from?
It confirms what I've been saying for the last year about Wigan, they are the dirtiest team in SL by a long way, they set out to intimidate opponents and officials, they have players who regularly cross the line of thuggery, the worst offenders this year imo being Mcilorum, flower, Bateman, Crosby and Farrell.
Even sean o loughlin has forgotten how to tackle anyone below the neck.
Shaun wane has shown regularly that he is nasty, bitter and twisted in defeat .. And just as nasty in victory.

Let's see how big the disciplinary panels balls are this week. Flower has disgraced the sport in front of millions in its showpiece event.
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 12 Oct 2014, 16:27

The thuggery Wigan dished out all game was a disgrace, but some how it seemed to go unnoticed by the officials, the Flower incident was the worst I have seen since Charlton broke Steadmans cheekbone and eye socket, I think it was against Workington. If it was done in the NRL he wouldn't play again.

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 6970 » 12 Oct 2014, 18:09

papa wrote:
viva brad wrote:http://instagram.com/p/tmv_xuncIV/

Where did that clip come from?
It confirms what I've been saying for the last year about Wigan, they are the dirtiest team in SL by a long way, they set out to intimidate opponents and officials, they have players who regularly cross the line of thuggery, the worst offenders this year imo being Mcilorum, flower, Bateman, Crosby and Farrell.
Even sean o loughlin has forgotten how to tackle anyone below the neck.
Shaun wane has shown regularly that he is nasty, bitter and twisted in defeat .. And just as nasty in victory.

Let's see how big the disciplinary panels balls are this week. Flower has disgraced the sport in front of millions in its showpiece event.
Widnes disgraced the sport and the R F L made them Club of the Year!! Just shows the state of our game. Wane encourages thuggery at this level, so his players know they will have his support. Had Wigan won, Wane would have said, privately, that Flower's attack was worth it.

As OCL said elsewhere, the game has gone backwards. The best team these days is the one who can cheat and get away with it better than the rest. What a shame. I personally thought last nights game was boring - unless you enjoy wrestling and watching sportsmen trying to maim each other.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 12 Oct 2014, 19:23

It will be interesting to see what Ben Flower gets from Red hall. There has already been a statement from the Wigan club and Flower himself (though doubt he actually worded it).

I expect their chairmen will release one Monday, I expect this will be to ease any concerns of Wigan's image...especially if its unsettling any of their sponsors.

While I think a 6 month ban is just, I can see him getting a heavy fine and a 6 to 8 week ban.