2 preseason
1 world club challenge
10 domestic (league+cup)

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Shaun Wanes Wigan

Post by laner » 14 Oct 2014, 18:54

Not enough thug shot should have got more once again the RL have got it wrong now is the time for questions to be asked on Wigan on field tactics

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Oct 2014, 18:57

laner wrote:Not enough thug shot should have got more once again the RL have got it wrong now is the time for questions to be asked on Wigan on field tactics
Fair ban imo
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Oct 2014, 19:19

viva brad wrote:http://instagram.com/p/tmv_xuncIV/

Hope it is ok to post this link if not please feel free to remove. However it does highlight Wanes methods
He told the players to knock em out, this is his result!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 14 Oct 2014, 19:26

yorky wrote:

Hope it is ok to post this link if not please feel free to remove. However it does highlight Wanes methods
Just to clarify, the instagram clip is actually from half time during Wigan's warm up game down under last Feb, a few days before they lost to Sydney in the WCC. They were behind at half time in that warm up game but won the match comfortably in the end.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Oct 2014, 19:33

I of the Tigers wrote:
yorky wrote:

Just to clarify, the instagram clip is actually from half time during Wigan's warm up game down under last Feb, a few days before they lost to Sydney in the WCC. They were behind at half time in that warm up game but won the match comfortably in the end.
Good point, it is old footage, but the message is there, so you to decide?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Oct 2014, 20:40

laner wrote:Not enough thug shot should have got more once again the RL have got it wrong now is the time for questions to be asked on Wigan on field tactics
as the Huddstigers might say that is balderdash, poppycock and tommyrot.

let me explain:

Wigan player knocks out Saints player after provocation. Saints player sits out rest of the game but misses no further matches as a result of his injuries. Saints player receives 1 match ban for his part, Wigan player gets circa 12 matches.

Castleford player attacks defenceless Featherstone player with forearm resulting in him losing his livelihood for 4 months and faces the prospect of setting off airport scanning machines for the rest of his life. Featherstone player completely innocent, Castleford player banned for 3 matches.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 14 Oct 2014, 22:27

And who do you blame for the 3 match ban the RL also the saints player was out cold only an idiot would do what he did serious brain damage could have been done

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Oct 2014, 23:47

alftupper wrote:
as the Huddstigers might say that is balderdash, poppycock and tommyrot.

let me explain:

Wigan player knocks out Saints player after provocation. Saints player sits out rest of the game but misses no further matches as a result of his injuries. Saints player receives 1 match ban for his part, Wigan player gets circa 12 matches.

Castleford player attacks defenceless Featherstone player with forearm resulting in him losing his livelihood for 4 months and faces the prospect of setting off airport scanning machines for the rest of his life. Featherstone player completely innocent, Castleford player banned for 3 matches.
alf mate, lance attacked ben with the fore arm and he's got a 1 match ban for it (EGP) ben punched an unconscious lance on the floor with the clenched fist and he's got a 6 month ban. in all 3 cases (rangi, ben, and lance) the seriousness of the injury were not taken into account. however i do agree with you that any injury sustained by the fouled player should be taken into account but as things stand at the moment we are where we are.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 15 Oct 2014, 08:58

Just as matter of curiosity does a banned player still get paid??

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 15 Oct 2014, 13:45

I of the Tigers wrote:
cas tigress wrote: any player can press charges always have been able to an assault is an assault whether it is on the field or in the street its just acceptable as part of the game by players
Ridiculous statement! [-X
And what is ridiculous about it ?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 15 Oct 2014, 15:49

Jazzman wrote:Just as matter of curiosity does a banned player still get paid??
I would of fought a banned players same as an injured player will still get paid his basic contracted wage but obviously wont be able to gain any bonuses from playing/winning so will still be out of pocket.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 15 Oct 2014, 16:19

cas tigress wrote:
I of the Tigers wrote:
cas tigress wrote: any player can press charges always have been able to an assault is an assault whether it is on the field or in the street its just acceptable as part of the game by players
Everything. Players (or certainly the vast majority) don't go onto a pitch on the basis that should they be assaulted by an opponent then that's acceptable. In any event, the the rules of the game are quite clear in that they do not allow for such an action (of assault).

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 15 Oct 2014, 21:54

I of the Tigers wrote:
cas tigress wrote:
I of the Tigers wrote:
Everything. Players (or certainly the vast majority) don't go onto a pitch on the basis that should they be assaulted by an opponent then that's acceptable. In any event, the the rules of the game are quite clear in that they do not allow for such an action (of assault).
Don't think you know a lot about rugby if you think the majority of players don't expect to be in some sort of a fracas during their playing career and regarding the rules of the game when have they ever been upheld by the people running the game they make and break them when ever it suits them.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 15 Oct 2014, 22:17

cas tigress wrote: Don't think you know a lot about rugby if you think the majority of players don't expect to be in some sort of a fracas during their playing career and regarding the rules of the game when have they ever been upheld by the people running the game they make and break them when ever it suits them.
Your first point is about something completely different! We were talking about assault (one on one), not "some sort of a fracas". Secondly, the games rules & laws are there, irrespective of how & when they are upheld.