damien blanch

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
old cas lass

damien blanch

Post by old cas lass » 10 Sep 2006, 17:49

Sounds like blanch is no longer a cas player....according to the widnes fans it's been announced today at there game he as signed for next season with them.

Sounds like he's doing really well....the widnes fans are raving about him being the best winger they've had in years.

Wonder why TM could'nt see that.

castigers1984

Post by castigers1984 » 10 Sep 2006, 17:55

theres a few players he as fallen out with and they dont get a chance then . but the club should come first
:-)

old cas lass

Post by old cas lass » 10 Sep 2006, 17:57

castigers1984 wrote:theres a few players he as fallen out with and they dont get a chance then . but the club should come first

So if danny sculthorpe or danny brough fell out with a few players they'd be out of the door....pathetic :roll: The club SHOULD come first.

castigers1984

Post by castigers1984 » 10 Sep 2006, 17:59

babs wrote:
castigers1984 wrote:theres a few players he as fallen out with and they dont get a chance then . but the club should come first

So if danny sculthorpe or danny brough fell out with a few players they'd be out of the door....pathetic :roll: The club SHOULD come first.
look haughey and mason prime example and now blanch
:-)

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 10 Sep 2006, 18:02

I liked blanch, i thought he would have been able to offer us something this year.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 10 Sep 2006, 21:24

Right, lets get something straight. A coach has ultimate responsibility for the performance on the pitch. They chose which players they want and if they don't come off, its down to them.

After coming into the club, TM picked Blanch, which seemed a 'no brainer' after his form in the business end of NL1 the previous year. He also chose not to pick Pryce, who too was in outstanding form in NL1. From this you can assume he saw things he liked in Blanch, but things he did not like in Pryce.

After a number of games, things changed and Pryce seemingly worked on areas TM saw as a weakness, scored plenty of tries in the U21's and got selected for SL. I'm sure TM had a similar chat then with Blanch, pointing out where improvement was needed. Putting 2 and 2 together, the improvement didn't happen so he was not considered for selection.

As much as letting Blanch out on loan cost us when we had moutning injuries, it was 'the right thing' to do for Blanch as it gave him first team rugby. People are saying the club must come first, well perhaps TM was putting Blanch first, ahead of the potential needs of the club.

I'm not disputing we could have really used Blanch a month back, but I would dispute TM, or any coach's decision to let a player go if they feel they are not / no longer right for the squad. Mason for example seemed to cause more problems with the team than he offered on the pitch. The guy has had numerous clubs in recent times and to be fair, has never really looked anything other than a journey man. The only thing in his favour, perhaps enhancing his reputation, have been his time at Melbourne and St Helens. Both clubs let him go mind, which perhaps says more about him and his abilities than simply being at such clubs does.

I also thing some of this 'falling out' gets blown up to something it is not. TM hasn't fallen out with half the squad, he's got what I feel is a squad playing for each other and getting on well. This wouldn't be possible and would impact the performances on the pitch, should he be at odds with half the squad.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

normylad
League One Player
League One Player

Post by normylad » 10 Sep 2006, 21:49

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Right, lets get something straight. A coach has ultimate responsibility for the performance on the pitch. They chose which players they want and if they don't come off, its down to them.

After coming into the club, TM picked Blanch, which seemed a 'no brainer' after his form in the business end of NL1 the previous year. He also chose not to pick Pryce, who too was in outstanding form in NL1. From this you can assume he saw things he liked in Blanch, but things he did not like in Pryce.

After a number of games, things changed and Pryce seemingly worked on areas TM saw as a weakness, scored plenty of tries in the U21's and got selected for SL. I'm sure TM had a similar chat then with Blanch, pointing out where improvement was needed. Putting 2 and 2 together, the improvement didn't happen so he was not considered for selection.

As much as letting Blanch out on loan cost us when we had moutning injuries, it was 'the right thing' to do for Blanch as it gave him first team rugby. People are saying the club must come first, well perhaps TM was putting Blanch first, ahead of the potential needs of the club.

I'm not disputing we could have really used Blanch a month back, but I would dispute TM, or any coach's decision to let a player go if they feel they are not / no longer right for the squad. Mason for example seemed to cause more problems with the team than he offered on the pitch. The guy has had numerous clubs in recent times and to be fair, has never really looked anything other than a journey man. The only thing in his favour, perhaps enhancing his reputation, have been his time at Melbourne and St Helens. Both clubs let him go mind, which perhaps says more about him and his abilities than simply being at such clubs does.

I also thing some of this 'falling out' gets blown up to something it is not. TM hasn't fallen out with half the squad, he's got what I feel is a squad playing for each other and getting on well. This wouldn't be possible and would impact the performances on the pitch, should he be at odds with half the squad.
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
fenton and normylad 2006 winners of the casforum.co.uk Happiest couple
normylad 2006 winner of the casforum.co.uk best poster
plus sensible poster
plus most positive poster

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 10 Sep 2006, 22:31

mason never got a chance with t m no matter how you dress it up

when we needed him t m did not pick him .tommy haughey played twice in super league this season the lad was out standing in games i saw him play in under 21s ....and still not a look in .... :evil: :evil:
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 10 Sep 2006, 22:49

alf garnett wrote:when we needed him t m did not pick him .tommy haughey played twice in super league this season the lad was out standing in games i saw him play in under 21s ....and still not a look in .... :evil: :evil:
So that means he'd be class in SL?

carla1987
League One Player
League One Player

Post by carla1987 » 10 Sep 2006, 22:53

we dont know until he gets chance do we
Imagecarla1987 2006 winner of the casforum.co.uk most annoying poster and most thread drifts
http://castigers4eva.bebo.com

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 10 Sep 2006, 22:55

tommy played 2 s lgames scored each time

how can we say about mason t m never give us fans to see him play
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 10 Sep 2006, 22:56

Well, we know enough IMO. In training, any coach looks at his squad and works out in his mind, who is best suited to the 17 and also which position they would be best in. TM obviously thinks Tommy is not good enough.

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 10 Sep 2006, 22:57

alf garnett wrote:mason never got a chance with t m no matter how you dress it up

when we needed him t m did not pick him .tommy haughey played twice in super league this season the lad was out standing in games i saw him play in under 21s ....and still not a look in .... :evil: :evil:
Dont' think we missed mason to be honest.
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 10 Sep 2006, 23:00

amy come on how can you say that we never got a chance to see what he could do .......

now jar jar theres a player who should not be with in 40 miles of the club :-D :-D :-D :-D

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Amy » 10 Sep 2006, 23:01

alf garnett wrote:amy come on how can you say that we never got a chance to see what he could do .......

now jar jar theres a player who should not be with in 40 miles of the club :-D :-D :-D :-D
when Hudds played us at Cas, what did mason do? absoloutly nothing, we hammered him.
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~

carla1987
League One Player
League One Player

Post by carla1987 » 10 Sep 2006, 23:04

thats 1 game if we judge our players on one game then ....we would be in trouble
Imagecarla1987 2006 winner of the casforum.co.uk most annoying poster and most thread drifts
http://castigers4eva.bebo.com

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 10 Sep 2006, 23:07

When did Mason get this reputation for being good?

I was never impressed with him at Wakey, Melbourne, Saints etc.

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Amy » 10 Sep 2006, 23:08

Steadman_4_PM wrote:When did Mason get this reputation for being good?

I was never impressed with him at Wakey, Melbourne, Saints etc.
Never impressed me either
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Sep 2006, 00:20

We couldn't find fault with DB last season and he didn't look out of place earlier in this one. IMO Fletcher offers nothing more than Blanch did but got the call because TM/MR brought him over and not Blanch.

Yes, the Coach has to mold his own side but sometimes they mold it in the wrong shape. Time will tell (next week!)

Good luck at Widnes any way Blanch, I'll continue to keep an eye on how you go.
Spreading the Cas gene pool