All Amateur RL in Here.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 22 Feb 2009, 09:51

Big game is on again today, Normanton 18's v Cas Panthers.

10.30ko being played at the Kibble (sharlston)

Cas Panthers O/A 12 v14 Normanton O/A

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

See if we can do the double.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 22 Feb 2009, 11:53

Normy Knight wrote:Big game is on again today, Normanton 18's v Cas Panthers.

So they havn't folded?

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 22 Feb 2009, 19:05

fenton wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:Big game is on again today, Normanton 18's v Cas Panthers.

So they havn't folded?
No they have'nt, they turned up today with 14 players.

Normanton won :dance: 21-10, both teams a bit rusty after not playing for 5 weeks, ref was dire for both teams but some good rugby was played by both teams.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 23 Feb 2009, 19:55

Bad Boys At Lock-lane.

Well according to this poster.

What a horrible game to have to report on! When you have won the penalty count but lost the game, any complaints that you make will be considered “sour grapesâ€

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 23 Feb 2009, 20:08

[quote="Normy Knight"]Bad Boys At Lock-lane.

Well according to this poster.

What a horrible game to have to report on! When you have won the penalty count but lost the game, any complaints that you make will be considered “sour grapesâ€

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 23 Feb 2009, 23:51

Apparently, can't say for sure.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Feb 2009, 16:59

at last nights yorkshire junior meeting it has been decided that the under 9s will for the remainder of the year revert back to mini league rules.

every coach present objected to the decision but despite there best efforts to challenge the decision it was upheld with severe consequences for any club continuing to play mod rules.

from a personal point a view i have just spent 2 hours a week for the past 8 months helping my kids develope the skills required for mod rules to see it all wasted for the want of 6 months,to say i am un happy is an understatement,breaking the news to the kids in training on thursday will be hard and trying to explain the decision impossible.

Sorry mate just had to correct things for the record.

Btw, Yorkshire Juniors are only associate members of BARLA, Yorkshire Juniors are self governing.

So its not a BARLA pecker up really is it.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 24 Feb 2009, 23:45

Whats the difference between mini league and mod rules. My lads are playing tag rugby under the other code at the moment as no local teams, in the Calder Valley have junior sections that stretch down to 5 & 6 year olds.

One of them attended the tigers camp at half term and I was pleasently surprised to see him enjoying contact.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 25 Feb 2009, 17:04

cvtiger wrote:Whats the difference between mini league and mod rules. My lads are playing tag rugby under the other code at the moment as no local teams, in the Calder Valley have junior sections that stretch down to 5 & 6 year olds.

One of them attended the tigers camp at half term and I was pleasently surprised to see him enjoying contact.
basically mini league is a 9 a side game played on a 60 by 40 pitch with no markers and the defencive line cannot move until the ball is passed,there are 6 tackles with no kicking aloud,up until this season this was played by u8s and u9s.

at the begining of the season "last september" it was decided at a weeks notice that u9s would play modified league instead of mini rules,modified games are played on a 80 by 50 pitch with 11 players each side 5 forwards and 6 backs,each team has 6 tackles and can kick,there is also a 5 man scrum when the ball goes out of play but a turn over for knock`ons,the defencive team are aloud 1 marker at the play the ball and there are conversions to trys but to be taken no further wide than 10 metres.

you can immagine the hard work that had to go into training to get the kids up to speed with,kicks,marker defence,scrums and goal kicking with only a weeks notice.but to their credit all the teams i know of adapted well to the new rules and have produced some fantastic performances and got on with it with great credit.

now just a week before the re-start to the season the barla have decided to revert back to mini league for u9s until the end of the season "june" at which stage the u9s will become u10s when again they will be asked to play the modified game.

sheer madness imo and totally confusing for the kids.

hope you kept track of it all.

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 25 Feb 2009, 19:22

It's plane crazy mate. Confusing kids and making it hard for coaches when it seems there's no need. I bet there wasn't much of an explanation as to the reasons why either was there?

My lads in the under 8's so isn't effected but he was already getting excited about when he moves up and playing scrums, kicking and all the rest. He'll be unhappy when i tell him. It's only his first year and the beginner rules have helped him, but by the time this last bit of the season is out of the way i know he and the rest of his team will be ready for a step up and a go at some of the real RL rules.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 25 Feb 2009, 21:07

marshman wrote:It's plane crazy mate. Confusing kids and making it hard for coaches when it seems there's no need. I bet there wasn't much of an explanation as to the reasons why either was there?

My lads in the under 8's so isn't effected but he was already getting excited about when he moves up and playing scrums, kicking and all the rest. He'll be unhappy when i tell him. It's only his first year and the beginner rules have helped him, but by the time this last bit of the season is out of the way i know he and the rest of his team will be ready for a step up and a go at some of the real RL rules.
no explanation at all has there never is,ive had some of my kids from the age of six and this will be a real kick in the teeth for them,they enoyed playing a proper game and tbh although mini league was fantastic at the time of u8s watching u8s now seems lightyears behind what we were doing before christmas.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 25 Feb 2009, 21:14

I'm confused...what must the kids think. Thanks for that, I presume full tackling as well?

I understand you play prodominantly locally but if you hear of a good set up near to Halifax let me know.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 25 Feb 2009, 21:23

cvtiger wrote:I'm confused...what must the kids think. Thanks for that, I presume full tackling as well?

I understand you play prodominantly locally but if you hear of a good set up near to Halifax let me know.
yes its all tackle and boy they hit hard for young kids,most teams in that area play in the pennine league,one club that ive heared good things about is the kings cross club in halfax.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 26 Feb 2009, 15:44

They have been mentioned to me too. I would have thought Siddal as well but from separate sources comments have been less than complementary.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 26 Feb 2009, 23:34

This my opinion only. All age groups should play 13 a side,and have 1 set of rules.

Confusion stopped for coaches, players and most of all referee's.

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 03 Mar 2009, 17:44

thats all well and good Normy if you can get enough players most of the teams ive seen this year would struggle to provide a full team and even less a side with a few replacements
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 03 Mar 2009, 22:47

ive just heared tonight that the rfl have stepped in and decided to let the u9s coaches vote on what rules they will play for the remainder of the season,and after 19 teams submitted their vote it favoured playing to mod rules for the rest of the season although next years u9s will start and finish playing mini league rules.

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 04 Mar 2009, 23:11

its bonkers it truely is
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 07 Mar 2009, 00:07

tigerman1 wrote:its bonkers it truely is
Hence, my opinion is go to the 13 a side game with normal rules, the same as the Aussies.

We only took on mini-mod rugby because the Aussie's did, then they sacked it because it does'nt work.

HELLO, RFL and BARLA.

casyorkie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casyorkie » 12 Mar 2009, 10:05

Does anyone know if the Lock lane v Queens was played last night.