Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 13 Sep 2008, 18:56

Normy Knight wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:U18's Lock-Lane v Normanton Knights 11.30 ko
That should be a good game, although id expect you to do them, a alot of my mates play for them and they havent had a pre season game yet or had hardly turning up to training .. good luck though!
Be nice to get 1 over on the Duck Islanders :lol:
:lol: :lol:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Sep 2008, 18:28

U18's
Queens 32-14 Castleford Panthers ..

Anyone who has them next or away some advice take your own referee, take a lot of support and expect gouging, biting, punching, spitting and violence ..

They have the worst parents ever and have and have any creature from streets shout abuse at ya!

To be fair they were nice lads after game but during game dirtiest set of players iv ever played against and iv played Westgate away!

GOOD LUCK. :roll:

Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 15 Sep 2008, 11:08

Normy Knights v Cas Panthers this coming Saturday may well see me at this one,hope to see NK for a pre-match beer.

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 15 Sep 2008, 11:22

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:U18's

Anyone who has them next or away some advice take your own referee, take a lot of support and expect gouging, biting, punching, spitting and violence ..

They have the worst parents ever and have and have any creature from streets shout abuse at ya!

To be fair they were nice lads after game but during game dirtiest set of players iv ever played against and iv played Westgate away!

too young to have played against Redhill then!!!!

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 15 Sep 2008, 14:26

Mr. Tiger wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never got to play them either. :(

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Sep 2008, 19:26

fenton wrote:
Mr. Tiger wrote:

:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never got to play them either. :(

ive had the miss-fortune of playing them as a youngster including a semi final where our coach had is jaw broken by a spectator and another game that was abandend,twas always a friendly game back in those days half acres vs redhill at any level. :lol:

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 15 Sep 2008, 20:34

Could someone help me please, my youngest son son as just started playing under 8's. And we noticed that nearly all the kids where wearing scull caps and pads.

Where would i purchase these?

TA
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 15 Sep 2008, 20:37

rich wrote:Could someone help me please, my youngest son son as just started playing under 8's. And we noticed that nearly all the kids where wearing scull caps and pads.

TA
Sport 44
Eric Jones
Sports Stuff (inside market - also sell gumshields etc)

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 15 Sep 2008, 20:38

rich wrote:Could someone help me please, my youngest son son as just started playing under 8's. And we noticed that nearly all the kids where wearing scull caps and pads.

TA
There is a shop that I used to go to called Eric Jones (I think) and it's in Castleford town centre opposite the church near Bondi Beach Bar. That sells all sorts of rugby gear providing it's still open which I think it is. You could also try a JJB store depending on where you live and whatever is easiest for you to access.

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 15 Sep 2008, 20:52

ten wrote:

TA
There is a shop that I used to go to called Eric Jones (I think) and it's in Castleford town centre opposite the church near Bondi Beach Bar. That sells all sorts of rugby gear providing it's still open which I think it is. You could also try a JJB store depending on where you live and whatever is easiest for you to access.
Looked closed down last time I went past.

Try sport44 on Beancroft road, they usually have plenty of pads and a fair range to chose from.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 15 Sep 2008, 20:57

big-t wrote:
ten wrote:

TA
Looked closed down last time I went past.

Try sport44 on Beancroft road, they usually have plenty of pads and a fair range to chose from.
That's a shame, it always provided me with what I needed for Rugby.

Sport44 is a good shop for what will be needed.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 15 Sep 2008, 21:40

big-t im not sure if its cheapest but Sport Stuff on the inside market is a good bet, they sell allsorts rugby wise not just shirts, youl be able to get pads, scrum hat and gum shield if needed and i dont think the prices are bad, at Sport 44 i know the woman had upped her prices a little so we i stopped going for my pads etc ...

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Sep 2008, 07:56

TA
firstly you need to ask him if he wants to wear a scrum cap,i know thats a daft thing to say but i have a lot of players under me that just arnt comfortable in a scrum cap and dont wear them at all.

if he does want one then id strongly recomend sport44 on beancroft road they range from around 25 to 40 pound but you will get 3-4 good years out of a quality well fitted cap rather than the ones from the market which are ill fitting and generally of poor quality but are cheaper,theres nothing worse than watching a kid spending half his game trying to sort his scrum cap out cos it dont fit or the straps have bust.

good luck

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 16 Sep 2008, 17:20

Thanks for all your sugestions, i will try sport44 if not that jjb.

Rich.
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 19 Sep 2008, 18:39

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Normy Knights v Cas Panthers this coming Saturday may well see me at this one,hope to see NK for a pre-match beer.
I'll be there, looking forward to it.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 20 Sep 2008, 13:21

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Normy Knights v Cas Panthers this coming Saturday may well see me at this one,hope to see NK for a pre-match beer.
Bars open off up now mate.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Sep 2008, 08:11

Queens today, should be an intresting game.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 21 Sep 2008, 15:59

Normy Knight wrote:Queens today, should be an intresting game.
You win NK? we beat Brad Vic 26-18 i think.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Sep 2008, 19:53

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
No we lost 30-36, supprised we scored that many playing bad.

You know what its like playing Queens, hard and physical, but it was nip and tuck all the way through.

We had a few players missing, but some will be coming back next week, one of them is number 1 son and he is climbing the walls to play, we need him and a couple of others to play as they are so called old heads.

We have Bradford Vic next week, so we will see how it goes.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 21 Sep 2008, 20:07

Normy Knight wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
No we lost 30-36, supprised we scored that many playing bad.

You know what its like playing Queens, hard and physical, but it was nip and tuck all the way through.

We had a few players missing, but some will be coming back next week, one of them is number 1 son and he is climbing the walls to play, we need him and a couple of others to play as they are so called old heads.

We have Bradford Vic next week, so we will see how it goes.
Sounds like a good game, i know we lost 32-16 but was a closer game than the score suggested.

Brad Vic were poor today but so were we, a few of them went out on [REMOVED] last night and were playing a bit worse for wear so we just targeted them, still a big pack but i think you should beat them.