They seem to be signing an retaining decent players not bad on their budget

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakeys building

Post by JIN JER » 19 Oct 2018, 15:39

Bolton-tiger wrote:https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/sa ... czak-exit/

They seem to be signing an retaining decent players not bad on their budget
What are you alluding to, go on, spit it out. :)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2018, 16:50

I think one or two people jing are coming to the conclusion MR Carter is something of a svengali when it comes to the salary cap lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Oct 2018, 16:53

tigerfeat wrote:I think one or two people jing are coming to the conclusion MR Carter is something of a svengali when it comes to the salary cap lol
I don't think they are, everywhere you read about Trinity's signings people are insinuating that we're manipulating/breaking the salary cap. Some people can't accept that on the surface MC seems to be managing our club pretty well. :D

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2018, 16:56

Kopczak be a good signing so will the lad from wire see wakey doing well again next season
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Oct 2018, 17:09

JIN JER wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I think one or two people jing are coming to the conclusion MR Carter is something of a svengali when it comes to the salary cap lol
I don't think they are, everywhere you read about Trinity's signings people are insinuating that we're manipulating/breaking the salary cap. Some people can't accept that on the surface MC seems to be managing our club pretty well. :D
He is doing a fine job but please don’t believe the hype when he or Chester play the lowest spenders card. You weren’t last season and you are spending more next year despite a drop in crowds. Playing the plucky underdog suits him and you won’t be spending full cap but he is over-playing it somewhat.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 19 Oct 2018, 20:38

JIN JER wrote:
I haven’t read anywhere or spoke with anyone who thinks wakey are breaking nor manipulating the cap. I think you’re confusing people wondering how he’s done such a good job when the players hold most of the cards when it comes to negotiating contracts. It’s a compliment mate.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Oct 2018, 09:26

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
I haven’t read anywhere or spoke with anyone who thinks wakey are breaking nor manipulating the cap. I think you’re confusing people wondering how he’s done such a good job when the players hold most of the cards when it comes to negotiating contracts. It’s a compliment mate.
I'm not particularly quoting people on here mate, it's been alluded to on other forums. Sour grapes usually as most of the fans having a pop are from teams below us in the league. :D
Last edited by JIN JER on 20 Oct 2018, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Oct 2018, 09:28

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
He is doing a fine job but please don’t believe the hype when he or Chester play the lowest spenders card. You weren’t last season and you are spending more next year despite a drop in crowds. Playing the plucky underdog suits him and you won’t be spending full cap but he is over-playing it somewhat.
So who do you think had a lower spend than us last year?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Oct 2018, 09:57

Widnes and Salford?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Oct 2018, 10:19

HuddsTigers wrote:Widnes and Salford?
I can't see either being below us myself, I know approximately what some Trinity players and some are boglingly low. Salford were apparently throwing silly money at players.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Oct 2018, 12:05

JIN JER wrote:
I can't see either being below us myself, I know approximately what some Trinity players and some are boglingly low. Salford were apparently throwing silly money at players.
He’s correct, for the majority of the season those two were below you. You are not the only team that pays some of its squad peanuts. You spend considerably less than the top teams you were around, although most do. It is to great credit that Wakey are achieving what they are but it’s to be considered that last season was Wakeys most expensive squad and the reduction in crowds lead to a shortfall in the budget, hence why Finn, Caton-Brown, Baldwinson etc were let go to balance the books. The coming year will be a step up again, Kopzcak isn’t arriving for buttons and your new (old) scrum half likes his brass as well.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Oct 2018, 15:18

JIN JER wrote:

I’d be surprised if either side was much higher to be honest. Salford we’re struggling at the start of last season and rumours of a fire sale. Koukash gambled to stop them going down.

As for Widnes it seems they were very much living on a budget given the fact they are now begging for fans to come out.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ricardo07

Post by ricardo07 » 20 Oct 2018, 15:29

Think Wakefield's crowds will be better next year.

Had a lot of Thursday's last year and a low number of Sunday's for a club who traditionally play on that day.

In addition I think that two 5th spots prove that they can now compete at this higher level and crowds will improve if they play more Sunday games at BV.

The squad is settled and they could be dark horses.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2018, 16:09

There's more wakey fans on this site than cas :D
Tho some have tiger after there name ...
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Oct 2018, 17:04

ricardo07 wrote:Think Wakefield's crowds will be better next year.

Had a lot of Thursday's last year and a low number of Sunday's for a club who traditionally play on that day.

In addition I think that two 5th spots prove that they can now compete at this higher level and crowds will improve if they play more Sunday games at BV.

The squad is settled and they could be dark horses.
Dark horses, not for at least two seasons, but I agree regarding SKY games, we seemed to have plenty and can't be arsed to look but I can't imagine we had more than 7 Sunday games.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 22 Oct 2018, 12:50

Sunday games are a thing of the passed. Think we have only had a handful in the last 2 seasons.

I do enjoy the Saturday night non sky games though.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 22 Oct 2018, 21:07

Now after Danny Brough !!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Oct 2018, 22:17

usacas wrote:Now after Danny Brough !!
Unless we're gonna off load Grix to Huddersfield as rumoured then it beggars belief, if Brough did come I'd guess Hampsh would move to FB and pair Brough and Miller.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 22 Oct 2018, 22:41

Wakey don't know about it if they are.
Screenshot_20181022-224004_Twitter.jpg
🐯 COYF!