Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: belle vue

Post by The Firm » 26 Aug 2016, 17:57

duke street 10 wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:Interesting development on the Wakey site. Does it sound like their Stadium trust has got the buyer of Belle Vue & Superbowl onside?.

Could be why there is talk of taking the Yorkcourt/WMDC to court?. The club/trust now has a bit of financial muscle to use as leverage to get some concessions?
Not fully up to speed with the goings over in Agbrigg, but what is it exactly the Council has supposedly done which could see them end up in court?
Other people on here like alcasfan & The Firm would probably know more than me on the subject. I think its because the Council granted planning of that Newcold building (the big white unit by j30) outside the agreement where a certain ammount of land is developed which would trigger the building of Wakefields ground (and some smaller community buildings,3G pitches etc).

Wakey fans seem to think the council (led by Peter Box..Cas fan) is in league with the developer so to prevent the new stadium from ever getting built. Apologies if i have got it wrong :?
Pretty much the long and short of it. A point of note though is that even if the newcold buildibg had counted towards the trigger point then they would still be way off reaching the building target. So i don't see how they would have a leg to stand on in court.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 26 Aug 2016, 20:01

The Firm wrote:Pretty much the long and short of it. A point of note though is that even if the newcold buildibg had counted towards the trigger point then they would still be way off reaching the building target. So i don't see how they would have a leg to stand on in court.
Spot on! Now what would have happened if the Wakey Fans/Trust/Club/ folks "in the know" etc had not been asleep at the wheel
alcasfan wrote:Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 pm In the words of the planning statement "the application is a stand alone and is in no way legally tied to the extant outline consent for the site"

I don,t suppose there will be many objections either from the local groups regarding the scale of the building 42 m high that is about 11 or 12 storey
I posted this 3 days after the Newcold application was validated, you would have thought that someone on their side would have looked in detail at the application,and asked some seroius questions, but no!, nothing! Zilch!,. They have only themselves to blame over all of this "We have been done over" Bull Crap!

Not a word/objection from anyone connected with the Club/Trust to the planners at the time of the application. (I did point ths out at the time to some on their side)
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 26 Aug 2016, 21:40

If the Newcold fridge counted towards reaching the trigger point for the stadium they would be about a third of the way there.
Another point to note is there is no mechanism in place to stop Yorkcourt from falling slightly short of the trigger point - something that I'm quite sure they will do to avoid building a stadium.
As AL mentions above - they were warned but didn't want to take advice, simply because that advice came from this side of the common.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Aug 2016, 22:52

not only did they not want to take advice they gave alcasfan the dogs abuse for suggesting it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 27 Aug 2016, 07:59

Poster TRB on their rlfans forum who I believe is part of the stadium trust and been involved with getting a stadium for Wakey for years so is probably the only one other than MC that posts on there who really knows what's happening has suggested that the new buyer of BV could be a game changer.

Now whether that means they are onside with the rugby club to help them get a new/redeveloped stadium or it means the sale has now forced things to come to a head with WMDC and the developer who knows? But they are wanting to sell season tickets in September so if I was a Wakey fan I'd want to know where my club was playing before shelling out and what the long/short term plans are?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 27 Aug 2016, 09:14

WallTiger wrote:But they are wanting to sell season tickets in September so if I was a Wakey fan I'd want to know where my club was playing before shelling out and what the long/short term plans are?
Mick Carter has put a deadline of the end of August to announce what they are doing/where they are playing as regards season ticket sales.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 31 Aug 2016, 10:11

As expected - Mick Carter looking at staying at Belle Vue (if the price is right) here :-

http://www.totalrl.com/wakefield-enter- ... landlords/?

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 31 Aug 2016, 14:00

Tigerade wrote:As expected - Mick Carter looking at staying at Belle Vue (if the price is right) here :-

http://www.totalrl.com/wakefield-enter- ... landlords/?
Dust the Begging bowls off there needed again.