Hull FC v Castleford Tigers [CC Quarter Finals]

Relive the memories, all previous seasons match threads can be found in here.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers [CC Quarter Finals]

Post by TheSheriff » 18 Jun 2017, 16:56

smarty_tiger wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:It went the way most of us were nervous about, we were out - muscled.
No, they were out reffed. Hull were getting away with the same and worse.

If that game wasn't fixed then Bentham should be fired for gross incompetence because that is not how the game should be played.
The ref did not get them their win. We were no where near as good as we have been.
They won by 4 penalty goals and Cas had to defend a hell of a lot more because of one sided penalties. Bentham was a huge part of Hull winning that game.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 18 Jun 2017, 16:59

TheSheriff wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:It went the way most of us were nervous about, we were out - muscled.
No, they were out reffed. Hull were getting away with the same and worse.

If that game wasn't fixed then Bentham should be fired for gross incompetence because that is not how the game should be played.
The ref did not get them their win. We were no where near as good as we have been.
They won by 4 penalty goals and Cas had to defend a hell of a lot more because of one sided penalties. Bentham was a huge part of Hull winning that game.
Your opinion and I respect that. Sounds like sour grapes Imo. There were some dodgy calls, no doubt, but Hull were the better controlled side and showed invaluable experience.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 18 Jun 2017, 17:03

Not sour grapes at all. If we lose to a better team fair enough but we were on the back foot all game due to Bentham making sure we were. Amount of penalties on the last tackle was disgusting. And they were more guilty of laying on and moving g off the mark but never got penalised. As I said before. We will win nothing g the year. The RFL Will make sure of that

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 18 Jun 2017, 17:07

I'd have no problem with being penalised if they penalised both teams equally but Bentham was only interested in pinging one team.

That's outright bias by the guy with the whistle, no 2 ways about it.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 18 Jun 2017, 17:16

old cas lass wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:If you needed proof this game was rigged, that there is it. Clear tackle in the air but Hull get the ball.
Give over. We have been well beaten. Probably shouldn't even be this close.
Well beaten....8 points.
What would you call it if we lost by 20/30 points.
Would like to see the penalty count.
Yes well beaten. We had a good 20 minutes if that. Don't need to see the penalty count. We were holding on in the tackles allowing Bentham to think about giving penalties.

Our tackles were that poor Hull were back up on their feet ready to play the ball while our tackles were still on the floor most of the game.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 18 Jun 2017, 17:17

Could see that we were not going to win that game Bentham gifted hull the points time after time I hope he can look himself in the mirror after that game. Ganson knew what he was doing when he put him in charge there was only ever going to be one winner. Don't think they want a small town to do well so it looks like we will be doing it the hard way if we want to get to old Trafford.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Jun 2017, 17:19

I wonder whether we will ever lose a game, when the ref is NOT to blame. Same every time, the ref was bent. Every single one of Connor's penalty kicks, including the one he missed WAS a penalty and were utterly stupid ones as well. If you are going to continually push a man down as he's trying to get up and play the ball or come in third man with a tackle round the head, when the man was tackled and going nowhere, then you deserve what you get. I know they were penalties because I was playing hell with the offender BEFORE Bentham gave them, and hoping he was going to miss them, but they gave him no option. I have praised Adz to high heaven this season, and he has been excellent, but his downside is he is stupid at times pushing and shoving at the play the ball well after the tackle is complete, and he definitely needs to smarten up. He actually got away with another couple, when he should have been penalised.

The worst decision, which I will agree with was from the VR, when it was clearly a penalty to us, and failing that a drop out I thought. Had it been given our way I was certain we would have scored from that set and after that who knows what would have happened, we could well have won. But as regards the referee himself, give it a miss, we need to be more disciplined.

No one said anything about our winning try against Saints when Tom Holmes was almost 2 yards offside.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 18 Jun 2017, 17:28

Agree with your opinion mate but there's 2 sides and hull did worse and more but weren't pulled for it. If your gonna call for them do it for both sides

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 18 Jun 2017, 17:42

kelly obstruction for their last try, eden tackled in the air both dissmissed.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 18 Jun 2017, 22:59

Hull were allowed to hold us down but we had to get off straight away and that stopped us playing our game. The more you get away with the more you do it - just as hull did.