Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers [CC Quater Final]

Relive the memories, all previous seasons match threads can be found in here.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers [CC Quater Final]

Post by the machine » 25 Jun 2016, 21:02

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I thought it helped. We won the 2nd half!
It was watered before the first half too
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Jun 2016, 23:00

Sorry, probably not the night for attempted humour

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 26 Jun 2016, 08:36

I have no love for Wigan but i couldn't fail to be impressed with their defence, all across the side they have a tough,mongrel,thy shall not pass attitude to it. In fact in the second half there were times when they looked like they actually enjoyed doing it.

Its the old adage...defence wins games and they are 2nd in the league and in the semi final of the cup without really breaking any pots in attack. As O.C.L has stated we have the worst points difference in the league,we concede too many soft tries, plenty of evidence of it yesterday.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jun 2016, 09:26

I agree about their defence and they had clearly done their homework on our attacking moves.
Two things. Firstly Gale who gets a lot of criticism was clearly trying to be half back for both sides again and that killed us .
Secondly and I am willing to be proved wrong on this one. Everyone praised Minikin as Mof M. I rate him, but my memory was that his positioning was part of the problem with their first two tries and secondly I thought he cut inside without looking for his winger too often. I put this down to the late substitution but now wonder whether I was being unfair?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 26 Jun 2016, 09:40

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I agree about their defence and they had clearly done their homework on our attacking moves.
Two things. Firstly Gale who gets a lot of criticism was clearly trying to be half back for both sides again and that killed us .
Secondly and I am willing to be proved wrong on this one. Everyone praised Minikin as Mof M. I rate him, but my memory was that his positioning was part of the problem with their first two tries and secondly I thought he cut inside without looking for his winger too often. I put this down to the late substitution but now wonder whether I was being unfair?
I think most people,myself included, voted him motm because of the effort and determination he showed,yes he made errors but considering he was only told 5 mins before kickoff that he was playing i thought he did quite well
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan