Jamie Ellis

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
St John Ellis

Re: Jamie Ellis

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Ahh yeah that's right think a few thought he could make himself first choice but wasn't to be

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Think your right about Seymour T.T came as first choice don't think he ever played a game was a interesting character tho used to me laugh when I saw him up Airedale hope everything worked out well for him
Hardly signed as first choice when he only joined on a trial basis...
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skys ... ord-tigers
Correct. He was in last chance saloon after Hull and came to Cas on a trial basis with a view to getting fit and potentially earning a contract. Left in pre-season and joined Whitehaven where he played for a year or two I think.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fearless' Headguard
Sean Rudder

Post by Fearless' Headguard » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 am

Weird thing with Ellis though...I remember reading Robbie Paul's autobiography and he mentioned that when he was at Leigh, Millward was quite besotted with Ellis after he coached him as a youth at Saints. When at Leigh he picked him over Paul despite never actually doing much and Paul having a great pedigree and a lot to offer.
Then when Millward came to us I am pretty sure Ellis was his first signing, he was crushingly average for us (no better than Finn for example) and then DP decided to snap him up after Hudds blew him out!
Not sure what pro coaches are seeing that I am not but I have never really seen him bring much to the side in both stints!
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am

seem to remember ellis came from hull the first time. i'm sure his first game darnt lane he kicked 8 out of 8 + a try and picked up mom.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Luke Gale

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 am

lurcher wrote:seem to remember ellis came from hull the first time. i'm sure his first game darnt lane he kicked 8 out of 8 + a try and picked up mom.
Can’t remember how many goals but the rest is definitely right

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:47 am

He equalled or broke the goal kicking record against Huddersfield in his first game.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Adrian Vowles
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:45 am

"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Michael Eagar

Post by Fumper27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:31 am

HuddsTigers wrote:He equalled or broke the goal kicking record against Huddersfield in his first game.
He equalled the points in a game record with 24 also