Watkins

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Watkins

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Jun 2019, 18:51

betts21 wrote:Would love for us to go for tui I know he's not set the world on fire but I honestly think he would work at full back for us. Be even better if we could get a knocked Down salary if Leeds want to free that role up
Lolohea looks like he’s eaten Barrie McDermott. Then had Brian McDermott for dessert.
He’s been an awful signing. Absolutely dreadful. Perhaps the worst ever signing in the Super League era in terms of expectations v reality.
Can he play on the wing?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Jun 2019, 23:54

nottinghamtiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:Would love for us to go for tui I know he's not set the world on fire but I honestly think he would work at full back for us. Be even better if we could get a knocked Down salary if Leeds want to free that role up
Lolohea looks like he’s eaten Barrie McDermott. Then had Brian McDermott for dessert.
He’s been an awful signing. Absolutely dreadful. Perhaps the worst ever signing in the Super League era in terms of expectations v reality.
Can he play on the wing?
yeah, he's got 3 eyes and a permanent pet lip. :D
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigertragic
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertragic » 04 Jun 2019, 07:48

Guffaw!!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Jun 2019, 08:53

Watkins as his form is at the present time i would leave well alone the salary he would demand would be on past Performances , that are far from the way he is paying now, for a short fix Atkins would be a better bet released by Warington

caslad10000

Post by caslad10000 » 04 Jun 2019, 11:48

atkins one year deal would be a good gamble , cam smith only 20 class in the juniors one for the future like his brother need more good young players like this to bring through but it takes time.

hopefully gale stays and regains full fitness, Truman will come good when teams firing ,defo need a good half as back up ,depending on money probably a good young half who can tackle as well .defo need a leader for backup if gale injured.
defo need an old head prop if Millington going .
think its best zak stays where he is for himself and for cas he seems more mature at wigan .

there are some great players in the championship that could step up but they will be on more money part time and working than going full time at cas.

Its down to money and there is no quick fixes ,top players wont drop there wages abit unless they think they will be challenging for trophys.
st helens , warrington challenge for trophys each year, leeds ,wigan in same boat as us at mo but they spend big on bringing kids through ,so will eventually come good ,unlike CAS who buy out of form players and turn them around which is always a gamble . CAS half in half out with the kids and never play them

why Powell will probably go to leeds to rebuild them.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Jun 2019, 12:47

gateman wrote:Watkins as his form is at the present time i would leave well alone the salary he would demand would be on past Performances , that are far from the way he is paying now, for a short fix Atkins would be a better bet released by Warington

Many of our players are the same. Some of them are being paid more due to past performances but not doing it now so how is Watkins any different?

Watkins or Minikin?
Watkins or Pete?

Watkins is an experienced international winner of many trophies/medals. That is part of the reasons players are signed.

Would you rather have a proven winner or yet another cheap “Project” as some people call it?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 04 Jun 2019, 13:13

Without question, were it the right deal financially for us, I’d take Watkins all day long.

In fact, we might be his best option. The other big hitters don’t partxulalry need him and teams like Salford / Hudds / Wake et al are not what he will think he’s ready for.

Daryl Powell might be the deciding factor, plus I’d guess Watkins has earned more than enough already to be set up not to worry about 10-20k less per year to play for us.

Him and Blair could be tremendous. He even reminded me of Hanley in his younger years. You don’t lose that talent but you do lose the mental ability and edge at a club .

We’ll get him, I’ve not got much doubt.

Just as an aside I think tui would be fabulous at full back were he to commit and lose 10kg!
Audacter Et Sincere

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 04 Jun 2019, 14:38

gateman wrote:Watkins as his form is at the present time i would leave well alone the salary he would demand would be on past Performances , that are far from the way he is paying now, for a short fix Atkins would be a better bet released by Warington
I would deffo take Atkins for 1 year but think he will finish his playing days at Wakey were he started. Watkins is worth a shot but not on silly money so he wont be coming to Cas in my opinion. Leeds are definitely on meltdown. 1st Furner now Watkins, Sinfield was deffo a better leader on the pitch than he is off it 8-[

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Jun 2019, 17:31

Swagger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:With him now being released, is he able to sign for another club for free at end of the year or even now?

I assume they will now go after Hastings with the freed up cash.
End of the year but I'd imagine if the right deal came along they may let him go earlier.
I'm not sure. They are in a relegation scrap. Need what they can to stay up.
All the more reason to get shot of someone who isn't necessarily invested in their future. If they can free up cap space and get someone else in, it may be better for them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 05 Jun 2019, 08:22

A leeds fan i know reckons leeds offered cas Watkins + cash for Gale without speaking to Watkins and when news got to Watkins he wasn't happy n so has said he doesn't feel he can stay where hes not wanted so has asked to look elsewhere.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 05 Jun 2019, 11:08

According to people I have been talking to the rumour that his contract was due to increase to marquee figures was right , and they wanted to re negotiate due to his injury.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Jun 2019, 11:18

jackknife wrote:A leeds fan i know reckons leeds offered cas Watkins + cash for Gale without speaking to Watkins and when news got to Watkins he wasn't happy n so has said he doesn't feel he can stay where hes not wanted so has asked to look elsewhere.
So the statement put out by Leeds with regards to Kallum leaving being around the Salary cap are false?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 05 Jun 2019, 17:29

Fumper27 wrote:
jackknife wrote:A leeds fan i know reckons leeds offered cas Watkins + cash for Gale without speaking to Watkins and when news got to Watkins he wasn't happy n so has said he doesn't feel he can stay where hes not wanted so has asked to look elsewhere.
So the statement put out by Leeds with regards to Kallum leaving being around the Salary cap are false?
Iv honestly no idea but wouldn't be first time a statement has been made to cover up the truth.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 05 Jun 2019, 18:22

They're just making stuff up, that isn't what happened.

He was due to become a marquee player, Leeds already have 2 so asked him to take a pay cut he's told them where to stick the offer.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Jun 2019, 21:08

Playing in the back row today for Leeds

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 07 Jun 2019, 21:44

Played 2nd half there last week
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 25 Jun 2019, 19:16

With Watkins going to Gold Coast they are getting rid of Brenko Lee and Dale Copley and seriousaboutrl reckon Cas will be interested. Would we even have a quota spot available?

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 25 Jun 2019, 19:44

No

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Jun 2019, 19:56

Tigersbarmy wrote:No
We are losing Clark and possibly Rankin.
That’s 2 spots available for 2020 with the other 5 taken by Millington (though there are rumours he will retire), Sene-Lafeo, Moors, Blair and Mata’utia.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Jun 2019, 20:00

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:No
We are losing Clark and possibly Rankin.
That’s 2 spots available for 2020 with the other 5 taken by Millington (though there are rumours he will retire), Sene-Lafeo, Moors, Blair and Mata’utia.
Feki?