George griffin

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: George griffin

Post by SREGITSAC » 05 Jun 2019, 22:07

Again with the personal attack for asking people their opinions on a matter, I would suggest you wind your neck in...

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 05 Jun 2019, 22:08

Agree fully Mysterio. Not one signing has 'improved' us at all - I include Blair (only because I think he will settle more next season and Webster was brilliant).

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2019, 09:44

SREGITSAC wrote:Again with the personal attack for asking people their opinions on a matter, I would suggest you wind your neck in...
I would suggest I’ll come back to you when I’ve got time.

Audacter Et Sincere my friend.

Ps. Immediate thought is because you’ve been put right you’re feeling agitated.
Audacter Et Sincere

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 06 Jun 2019, 09:52

Mysterio wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:Again with the personal attack for asking people their opinions on a matter, I would suggest you wind your neck in...
I would suggest I’ll come back to you when I’ve got time.

Audacter Et Sincere my friend.

Ps. Immediate thought is because you’ve been put right you’re feeling agitated.
Not me, I’ve not been put right... I haven’t shared my opinion to be told i’m not correct, I asked a question? But sure crack on with it.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2019, 10:03

Andrew6666 wrote:Agree fully Mysterio. Not one signing has 'improved' us at all - I include Blair (only because I think he will settle more next season and Webster was brilliant).
I’ve no idea why I feel the need to thank you, but thank you Andrew. Basically for seeing sense and acknowledging it.

Things I’ve been through and especially seen in my life, including some Rugby ‘issues’ I can’t bear to see folks put 7200+ degrees spin on issues prudent to the success of my club. Yes my club, and yours. And anyone else whom supports it.

Lots of folks generally have more faces than the town hall clock, I don’t do that, I just say it as is. The post above was ridiculously slanted.

I might have been slightly harsh on the Blair point because I can see the guy has got ability and potential to improve our three quarters in line with our competitors. I have no problem with the lad at all.

Sadly, Mysterio is Mysterio. I’m not here to seek fans, massage someone’s soul, or manipulate situarions

Whilst I’m at it, I saw the Dean Sampson interview the other day too. I simply cannot believe he is not ‘allowed’ into the ground with his children. Even as a paying customer.

Benny Roberts sought him out after hearing about it, and gave him TWO free complimentary tickets for him and his child. (Feel sorry for Benny now)

Guess what? Sampson tells us the club heard about the gesture and got in touch to Diesel to tell him he couldn’t use them. I’m not even sure I need to use the word allegedly anywhere in here as this came from his own mouth. But because I’m not dumb, I shall use the phrase this is allegedly what happened.

I Simon cannot believe it.

I wonder who dean’s promising Son will sign for if he develops. Oh hang on, maybe diesel will be given complimentary tickets around that time.......
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2019, 10:35

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:[........Saints signed Adam walker and Tommy Lee don't forget
I agree, but they soon put that situation right. Their fans didn’t accept it basically and their board recognised the mistake and he was gone.

Adam Walker actually could have been a good signing IMGO. He made his own personal mistakes and was dispensed with. I feel sure he’s still got chance to prove his quality and earn himself a bigger move.

Even Ryan Morgan whom is a decent centre IMO has been manouvered out, as has Swift. Even Flanagan once I think! These are decent options that would have been much more palatable options at certain times in our recent squad ‘improvement’.

I don’t mind mistakes. I make loads, including some points on the forum. What I can’t stand is lack of dynamism in righting the situation.

If I won the Euro millions and was able to buy the club, I’d live and breathe it. We need someone almost obsessed in the bigger picture here.

And for the record, I’d not do a koukash or abramovich either and splash silly money our on transfer fees or wages. Not in the short term. It would be very methodical, starting with dominating the junior market and sponsoring a reserves comp to facilitate clubs being able to not worry about running one.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 10:40

Why would the club ban diesel I don't get it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2019, 10:50

tigerfeat wrote:Why would the club ban diesel I don't get it
It’s worth a thread of its own tbh and I apologise for going OT.
If you find out let me know.
I wonder if certain other disgusting blokes are banned from entry from the ground and what the T&c’s are!
Audacter Et Sincere

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 06 Jun 2019, 12:31

Powell outright refusing to sign off on a marquee player because he doesn't "believe" in it is holding the club back at this point

You're right up on the cap and Wells comes to you with a top quality player (who's currently ripping the league to bits) and Powell says no, what else can he do?

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 06 Jun 2019, 12:33

tigerfeat wrote:Why would the club ban diesel I don't get it
IT HAS ITS REASONS, THEY ARE REAL!!!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2019, 12:52

TheSheriff wrote:Powell outright refusing to sign off on a marquee player because he doesn't "believe" in it is holding the club back at this point

You're right up on the cap and Wells comes to you with a top quality player (who's currently ripping the league to bits) and Powell says no, what else can he do?
ITS RHETORIC / SPIN POWELL WOULD HAVE 2
Audacter Et Sincere

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 06 Jun 2019, 12:55

Mysterio wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:Powell outright refusing to sign off on a marquee player because he doesn't "believe" in it is holding the club back at this point

Incorrect, other wise Cas would have had 2 this season and that is fact.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2019, 12:58

If you can point me to the said fact I’ll take it back willingly,
Ps. Saying something but really thinking another are 2 different things.

Seems everyone thinks Powell really doesn’t want a marquee!
Audacter Et Sincere

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 06 Jun 2019, 12:59

Mysterio wrote:Seems everyone thinks Powell really doesn’t want a marquee!
Well when he tells everyone including Wells he doesn't want one, then i'd say it's safe to say that he doesn't.

Which is a dumb position to hold. Coote would have completely changed this squad.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 13:11

TheSheriff wrote:
Mysterio wrote:

Incorrect, other wise Cas would have had 2 this season and that is fact.
Interesting that I always thought as well hed jump at the chance to have a marquee
Hope he changes his mind or we will get overtaken by teams in the years ahead
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 06 Jun 2019, 13:14

You’d think that experiencing the improvement they bring to other teams might change his views on the matter, could be a really easy fix to our shortcomings

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 06 Jun 2019, 13:30

If this is the case it demonstrates that money is not an issue and DP just doesn't want to upset the applecart, which I find strange as all players earn differing salaries any way.
Shows that at times the BOD may be getting unfair critisim

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 06 Jun 2019, 13:35

I think it's why Wells did that interview at the end of last season where he said there was a couple of hundred quid left on the cap and they were using "every possible exemption".

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jun 2019, 13:36

Absolutely John wells getting in the neck and he's following orders be looks
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Jun 2019, 14:39

Apparently there’s a show called 80 minutes.
On there it was said Griffin is not coming to us, anyone hear it.
I didn’t hear it, just what I’ve seen someone say.