Bit of player updates

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Bit of player updates

Post by tigerfeat » 28 May 2019, 18:03

Like everything else time will tell
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 28 May 2019, 19:22

tigerfeat wrote:I'm sorry for spouting on about Clark just annoys me when we pick some forwards every week who are offering little and seem not interested to me when he always gives it everything he's got or seems to do to me anyway
No need to apologise mate, I was genuinely interested how you’d got to your point is all.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 28 May 2019, 19:32

I for one am glad we haven't fallen into the same trap with Clark which we did with Milner, for me he's an average squad player, and a waste of a quota space. Yeah he gives a bit of grunt, but has no off load and fitness isn't great, that's probably why he doesn't get many minutes.

He's not been a great signing and feel over the 2 yrs he's been with us we've not had value for money out of him, lets face it he spent the first half of last season on loan at a Championship side. I don't recall many clubs ( successful ones) having their quota players out on loan. I've seen Clark out on a couple of social occasions and has always struck me as a bit arrogant. I was at races last August where he was blatantly smoking whilst DP was there. Not an ideal pro, and I am happy we aren't being held to ransom on a contract he frankly doesn't deserve.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 28 May 2019, 19:49

HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Mitch didn't play but warned up. So can't be injured. Sounds like DP didn't want a player to play who is leaving or he has better options.
I would imagine if Wigan want him early both the player and Cas have agreed he shouldn't play out of respect for his teammates but also to avoid him getting injured.

If Cas can get a new signing in early and make a bit of cash (say £50k) then it's better for him not to play.

I would say hes leaving early unless there has been a bust up. Josh Jones has signed for Hull FC but he still played 80 minutes for Salford with no dramas.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 29 May 2019, 00:01

tigerfeat wrote:I'm sorry for spouting on about Clark just annoys me when we pick some forwards every week who are offering little and seem not interested to me when he always gives it everything he's got or seems to do to me anyway
Agree 100%.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 29 May 2019, 00:07

Luke Gale hoping to be back in August.
But saying it's not a race and it's not him who has the final say.
Hope he is able to make a full recovery and replicate his previous form.
If that's this Season, great.
If he needs longer so be it.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 29 May 2019, 09:46

tigerfeat wrote:I'm not jumping down anybody's throat I'm giving my opinion he wasn't made a very good offer by cas when he would have re-signed
If that's not right or Wigan offered him a fortune good look to him
So you don't know if he's been made a good or poor offer but say it like you know. But I get the Just and that's why I put it in the rumours section because we don't know.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 29 May 2019, 09:50

HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Mitch didn't play but warned up. So can't be injured. Sounds like DP didn't want a player to play who is leaving or he has better options.
I would imagine if Wigan want him early both the player and Cas have agreed he shouldn't play out of respect for his teammates but also to avoid him getting injured.

If Cas can get a new signing in early and make a bit of cash (say £50k) then it's better for him not to play.
Agree, we don't want a player who doesn't want to be here. But I'd hope we'd get our moneys worth out of it as the season is only half done. I suppose its what's wrong with the transfer dates, you have to potentially scrap a player for half a season if they are not contracted.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 May 2019, 10:09

mart0042 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I'm not jumping down anybody's throat I'm giving my opinion he wasn't made a very good offer by cas when he would have re-signed
If that's not right or Wigan offered him a fortune good look to him
So you don't know if he's been made a good or poor offer but say it like you know. But I get the Just and that's why I put it in the rumours section because we don't know.
I said I believe he was made a poor offer anyway looks like he's gone so good luck to him
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 May 2019, 10:12

mart0042 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Agree, we don't want a player who doesn't want to be here. But I'd hope we'd get our moneys worth out of it as the season is only half done. I suppose its what's wrong with the transfer dates, you have to potentially scrap a player for half a season if they are not contracted.
Most players continue to give there all here and in the nrl for the club there with till they move as someone said Jones for Salford in fact most of the Salford team be sounds of it ha
Vince Lombardi

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 29 May 2019, 11:03

He is a 20 minute squad player, If we had better luck with injury's in the forwards this year he would still be out on duel reg

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 29 May 2019, 11:10

Salford are certainly breaking up. Losing Hastings, lui, Jones, sau. I hope we can pick up evalds.