Powell + shez

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Powell + shez

Post by westerbeast » 04 Jun 2019, 19:06

fords wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Cant see Powell going anywhere near the Rhinos, once bitten twice shy etc. He wants Cas to win either challenge cup or Grand final under his coaching. Once that is achieved then he will go. Also people forget he is the next England coach, contracts signed and agreed already. John Wells will be doing his best to get decent players but Cas have to watch the purse strings. Said at the start of the season Powell has played the waiting game ie to hit form at the end of a season not the start. I hope he proves me right :pray:
So he has signed for England but will only go when he has won the CC or GF with Cas.

So he must know which year he is going to do that then. Can you ask him to share that year with the fans so we can prepare.

Jesus there is some tripe posted on here.
He will not he coaching England full time though, just a part time job like current coach ](*,)

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Jun 2019, 19:20

westerbeast wrote:
fords wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Cant see Powell going anywhere near the Rhinos, once bitten twice shy etc. He wants Cas to win either challenge cup or Grand final under his coaching. Once that is achieved then he will go. Also people forget he is the next England coach, contracts signed and agreed already. John Wells will be doing his best to get decent players but Cas have to watch the purse strings. Said at the start of the season Powell has played the waiting game ie to hit form at the end of a season not the start. I hope he proves me right :pray:
So he has signed for England but will only go when he has won the CC or GF with Cas.

So he must know which year he is going to do that then. Can you ask him to share that year with the fans so we can prepare.

He will not he coaching England full time though, just a part time job like current coach ](*,)
Under the top 5 system for the play offs no side as won outside the top 2 so whats the point just peeking at the end of season, you have to be very consistent throughout to get in a position to give you a shout at making the Grand Final.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 04 Jun 2019, 20:52

Sharlotiger wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
fords wrote:

Under the top 5 system for the play offs no side as won outside the top 2 so whats the point just peeking at the end of season, you have to be very consistent throughout to get in a position to give you a shout at making the Grand Final.
Pretty sure the Rhinos won from 5th one Yesr

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Jun 2019, 21:34

Yeah they have. Think they won it from 4th too maybe but that was a top 6 system I think too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 04 Jun 2019, 22:55

Oldcasman wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:There's a few people on the Leeds board think Powell will be there before the end of the season
Wouldn’t blame him if does go to Leeds, in 2017 i thought we had changed from being a small minded club but I have been proved wrong,we have gone all season without one of the best half backs in the league which any of the top clubs would have signed someone to stand in for him (unfortunately trueman has not been the answer,)it’s looking like the board have not learned anything from the Richard Wright era and are going down the same road, which is signing average players and hoping Powell can transform them,unfortunately Ian Fulton is not as keen on the club as his father was and it seems he is only interested in what he can take back off the club loans etc and not investing in some top players,same as the top 4 clubs are doing.
I'm afraid I agree

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 04 Jun 2019, 23:28

HuddsTigers wrote:Yeah they have. Think they won it from 4th too maybe but that was a top 6 system I think too.
They won from 5th when playoffs were top 8
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan