Gelling

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Gelling

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Mar 2019, 21:14

HuddsTigers wrote:
But 5 different people have told us he will be announced as a cas player tomorrow ???
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Mar 2019, 21:18

Who’s James Gordon.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Mar 2019, 21:19

Journalist and owner of Love Rugby League. Also a Widnes fan so likely to be close to the club.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Mar 2019, 21:38

I think if he want signing he would of said something on Twitter by now.

100% done deal

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Mar 2019, 21:40

heritage1926 wrote:Should be announced tomorrow at some time
You sure about that are you ?
Vince Lombardi

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 25 Mar 2019, 22:01

Mucky1978 wrote:I think if he want signing he would of said something on Twitter by now.

100% done deal

I know i certainly spend a lot of time on twitter telling people where I won't be working in future.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Mar 2019, 22:03

Squaddie86 wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:I think if he want signing he would of said something on Twitter by now.

100% done deal

I know i certainly spend a lot of time on twitter telling people where I won't be working in future.
He’s none stop tweeting he would quickly play down the rumours if it wasn’t true.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 25 Mar 2019, 22:20

Fumper27 wrote:
dancas88 wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Wells would get a few kudos points back off me if that is correct
Whilst I’d be happy enough with the addition I’m not sure I’m ready to heap praise on anyone at the club for putting us in this position when we’ve known for over 6 months that jake Webster was leaving.
I fail to see how this is wells fault. He has a salary cap to work under and if we are up to the cap his hands are tied. He inherited the squad with the contacts they were on, yes a handful have been updated but he didn't choose to have Corey aston, Clare, Ellis and maher on the contracts they have. Wells has made 3 signings since taking over 2 of them have been brilliant signings and Rankin was making the best of a bad situation due to waddle wanting out and us needing cover for gale
Don’t wast your time Dan as someone will always look for the negatives in any given situation.
Being a pragmatist &/or a realist is not looking for a negative in any situation.
I’m wasn’t actually blaming wells to be honest & agree that he needs time before anyone can truly judge, but I am vexed that the club is in the position it is, in terms of recruitment.
What I was trying to get at is that it was blatantly obvious we were short at centre last season & this should have been addressed well in advance of the off season. It wasn’t & we are now having to play catch up & will be negotiating from a position of weakness. What’s the point of having a pre-season if you admit 6/7 games into a season that you wasted your time trying minikin or whoever else at centre.
Although we secured the services of watts & matautia & credit is deserved for beating other clubs to their signatures; let’s not kid ourselves that their signatures were part of a proper plan that identified where we were weak & targeted the aforementioned individuals; we got lucky that watts fell out of favour at hull & equally lucky that leigh went belly up. The same can be said if & when Gelling is signed.
I agree though getting Rankin for Wardle in the circumstance we did was a good bit of business.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Mar 2019, 22:30

Fumper27 wrote:
dancas88 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Wells would get a few kudos points back off me if that is correct
Whilst I’d be happy enough with the addition I’m not sure I’m ready to heap praise on anyone at the club for putting us in this position when we’ve known for over 6 months that jake Webster was leaving.
I fail to see how this is wells fault. He has a salary cap to work under and if we are up to the cap his hands are tied. He inherited the squad with the contacts they were on, yes a handful have been updated but he didn't choose to have Corey aston, Clare, Ellis and maher on the contracts they have. Wells has made 3 signings since taking over 2 of them have been brilliant signings and Rankin was making the best of a bad situation due to waddle wanting out and us needing cover for gale
Don’t wast your time Dan as someone will always look for the negatives in any given situation.
Being a pragmatist &/or a realist is not looking for a negative in any situation.
I’m wasn’t actually blaming wells to be honest & agree that he needs time before anyone can truly judge, but I am vexed that the club is in the position it is, in terms of recruitment.
What I was trying to get at is that it was blatantly obvious we were short at centre last season & this should have been addressed well in advance of the off season. It wasn’t & we are now having to play catch up & will be negotiating from a position of weakness. What’s the point of having a pre-season if you admit 6/7 games into a season that you wasted your time trying minikin or whoever else at centre.
Although we secured the services of watts & matautia & credit is deserved for beating other clubs to their signatures; let’s not kid ourselves that their signatures were part of a proper plan that identified where we were weak & targeted the aforementioned individuals; we got lucky that watts fell out of favour at hull & equally lucky that leigh went belly up. The same can be said if & when Gelling is signed.
I agree though getting Rankin for Wardle in the circumstance we did was a good bit of business.
Maybe we tried to sign a centre or two and got gazzumped or turned down? I do agree that we “waste” too much on squad players and would happily sacrifice two or three (Aston, Maher, Ellis) of those for a first 13 player.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 25 Mar 2019, 22:41

Fake news!

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 25 Mar 2019, 22:45

I just feel we’ve been really slow instead of being proactive in the market. You can’t afford to get one off season of recruitment wrong & in my opinion we’ve done it twice now. All the while other established players are gonna be two years older & in some cases really starting to show the wear and tear so we could potentially end up having to gut the squad and bring too many players in in one go. Millo is the prime example, for me (& I’d love to be wrong) I’ve loved him since he arrived & has been a real quality import, but he looks shot & we have to get ahead of the curve & replace him before it’s too late. Shenny is another one; he’s been a great servant to Cas & the game, but anyone who thinks he’s got another two years at the top level left in him is way off in my opinion.
It’s hard for fans to view players we love objectively as we spend all year defending them to other fans, but club staff aren’t fans & have to be ruthless when the time is right.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Mar 2019, 22:46

Gelling as just tweeted 10 mins ago.
Interesting.
#slownewsday

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 25 Mar 2019, 23:11

Looks like all the top tiger fans and in the know aren’t so much in the know as they think

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Mar 2019, 23:21

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:I just feel we’ve been really slow instead of being proactive in the market. You can’t afford to get one off season of recruitment wrong & in my opinion we’ve done it twice now. All the while other established players are gonna be two years older & in some cases really starting to show the wear and tear so we could potentially end up having to gut the squad and bring too many players in in one go. Millo is the prime example, for me (& I’d love to be wrong) I’ve loved him since he arrived & has been a real quality import, but he looks shot & we have to get ahead of the curve & replace him before it’s too late. Shenny is another one; he’s been a great servant to Cas & the game, but anyone who thinks he’s got another two years at the top level left in him is way off in my opinion.
It’s hard for fans to view players we love objectively as we spend all year defending them to other fans, but club staff aren’t fans & have to be ruthless when the time is right.
I agree

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 25 Mar 2019, 23:28

Tigersbarmy wrote:Looks like all the top tiger fans and in the know aren’t so much in the know as they think
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day #-o

Gelling not signed though :roll:

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Mar 2019, 23:31

Have we dodged a bullet?

Is defence is very suspect as well can’t have much ambition as well staying at widnes

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Mar 2019, 00:14

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Mar 2019, 07:34

Mucky1978 wrote:Have we dodged a bullet?

Is defence is very suspect as well can’t have much ambition as well staying at widnes
Are you on a pee take ? First you say he's signed 100 % then he can't defend have you noticed how we've been defending lately
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Mar 2019, 07:37

Have we really come to a point that some idiot online can make up a story and sit back in his chair and watch everybody fall for it
The standard of thinking seems to be cas let Roberts go gelling is out of the country so it must be true
Unbelievable really
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 26 Mar 2019, 08:11

Mucky1978 wrote:Have we dodged a bullet?

[-X LMAO this sums up this forum right now