Tigers chase Inu!

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Tigers chase Inu!

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Mar 2019, 13:49

Inu doesn't count on the quota for the term of his contract due to being made redundant as a result of Widnes' financial issues. That in itself makes him more appealing to sign.

Personally, I'd give him a two-year-deal with the caveat that the 2nd year is an option in Cas's favour. That way he has to earn his second year and also we have the benefit of having a non-quota centre for us, which still leaves us with a spot free if Roberts goes.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 12 Mar 2019, 15:22

Powell has been asked by Aron bower about inu and he said Over at Castleford - Daryl Powell has talked down any interest in Krisnan Inu. “Never say never,” he’s said, but also adamant he’s very happy with what he’s got squad-wise

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Mar 2019, 15:27

Tigersbarmy wrote:he’s very happy with what he’s got squad-wise
I call BS

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 12 Mar 2019, 15:28

westyorkylad wrote:I get that we could do with another centre, but I cannot see why we would be interested in this guy he was a good centre 3 or 4 years ago and has done nothing since.

Also not a massive fan of Gelling sure he's a good athlete but Ive seen more rugby nous in 8 year olds.

In any case its my understanding that we don't have a quota spot so I cant see how any either of these two are an option at present..........
Say we had Egodo Minikin Inu and Gelling all signed up who would you play in right centre?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 12 Mar 2019, 15:33

Powell saying we have loads of quality outside backs . What’s he been smoking

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 Mar 2019, 15:45

It's not a matter of what he's been smoking but he's not going to throw his players under the bus and publicly declare them inadequate his he? Cmon
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Mar 2019, 15:57

jackknife wrote:
westyorkylad wrote:I get that we could do with another centre, but I cannot see why we would be interested in this guy he was a good centre 3 or 4 years ago and has done nothing since.

Also not a massive fan of Gelling sure he's a good athlete but Ive seen more rugby nous in 8 year olds.

In any case its my understanding that we don't have a quota spot so I cant see how any either of these two are an option at present..........
Say we had Egodo Minikin Inu and Gelling all signed up who would you play in right centre?
Inu - he gives us something the others don’t.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Mar 2019, 16:07

Inu as played in a nrl grand final he reads the game well he's also a good goal kicker and takes some stopping when he's in the mood I admit he didn't look interested at times last year but Powell as a good record with getting players like him back to there best
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Mar 2019, 17:10

Training with Salford apparently.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Mar 2019, 17:24

Fumper27 wrote:
jackknife wrote:

Inu - he gives us something the others don’t.
And he can kick goals

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 12 Mar 2019, 17:50

Id personally want Gelling (younger) on our right hand side with Minikin on wing i think Gelling makes things happen when there looks like nothings on but i would settle for Inu and Minikin they could even swap round mid games giving Minikin a bit more experience in centre.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Mar 2019, 17:55

jackknife wrote:Id personally want Gelling (younger) on our right hand side with Minikin on wing i think Gelling makes things happen when there looks like nothings on but i would settle for Inu and Minikin they could even swap round mid games giving Minikin a bit more experience in centre.
Given the choice and all things being equal, I’d agree. However, Gelling is under contract and would command a fee, plus he would count on quota. Inu is a free agent and has quota dispensation for the duration of initial contract. So, weighing everything up, Inu shades it for me. Whoever we look at it needs to be fairly quick. It’s all too easy on that right edge for the players at the moment as there’s no real competition for places. Without that players get complacent, so at the moment we have an average right edge thats not even being pushed. Not ideal when we want to compete at the top of SL.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Mar 2019, 19:10

Tigersbarmy wrote:Powell saying we have loads of quality outside backs . What’s he been smoking
DP dont get much wrong but he is on this occassion.

First real test and right side failed miserably.

Rankin, Foster, Inu, Minikin on right side i gives us a chance.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Mar 2019, 19:25

fords wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Powell saying we have loads of quality outside backs . What’s he been smoking

Don’t forget McMeeken when he’s back fit. Doesn’t look bad then

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Mar 2019, 19:31

fords wrote:

I agree Powell gets little wrong he did last year thinking Roberts could be a full back and we spent three parts of the season trying different players at full back don't want us doing the same with a centre position for all people saying be happy where were at its a situation that should not have happened
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 12 Mar 2019, 19:57

Inu training with Salford ?

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 12 Mar 2019, 20:12

Shouldn’t have happened in whose opinion.

Minikin defensively has had one game in the centre that could be described as poor and everyone is on his back. As for the players being touting as the saviours, Inu and Gelling. I have seen them have more bad games than that whilst playing for teams that I only watch occasionally.

Daryl obviously thinks Minikin is a good option, and Jon Wilkin described him as the best player outside SL when he payed in the centre for York a few season ago

Think I trust the judgement of the two people above over the coach of the year contenders on here.

If Daryl calls time on Minikin at centre then I’ll go with it. Till then he’ll do for me.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Mar 2019, 20:37

Tiger53 wrote:Shouldn’t have happened in whose opinion.

Minikin defensively has had one game in the centre that could be described as poor and everyone is on his back. As for the players being touting as the saviours, Inu and Gelling. I have seen them have more bad games than that whilst playing for teams that I only watch occasionally.

Daryl obviously thinks Minikin is a good option, and Jon Wilkin described him as the best player outside SL when he payed in the centre for York a few season ago

Think I trust the judgement of the two people above over the coach of the year contenders on here.
It's not coach of the year stuff it's simple facts we knew we would be short in a position so we tried to sign Williame and depending on who you talk to junior sau and I'm sure one or two more
If Daryl calls time on Minikin at centre then I’ll go with it. Till then he’ll do for me.
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 12 Mar 2019, 20:43

tigerfeat wrote:Inu as played in a nrl grand final
...and so did Sean Rudder!. Inu isnt anywhere close to that player who played in the NRL.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Mar 2019, 21:33

Tigersbarmy wrote:Inu training with Salford ?
Says who?