David Mead

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
jackknife
Verified

David Mead

Post by jackknife » 02 Feb 2019, 14:40

Mead left the NRL because he wanted to play full back but seems to have found himself 3rd choice full back at Catalan behind Tomkins n Gigot would we be able to tempt him to Cas to play full back and giving Mata’utia a centre [REMOVED]?

At 30 could he replace Roberts on the quota list next season or even this season if we could sort something with Roberts?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Danny Boy
Verified

Re: David Mead

Post by Danny Boy » 02 Feb 2019, 15:54

jackknife wrote:Mead left the NRL because he wanted to play full back but seems to have found himself 3rd choice full back at Catalan behind Tomkins n Gigot would we be able to tempt him to Cas to play full back and giving Mata’utia a centre [REMOVED]?

At 30 could he replace Roberts on the quota list next season or even this season if we could sort something with Roberts?
Please note: posts about players from other clubs should not be posted In All Things Tigers!
Danny Boy

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Feb 2019, 15:59

Well id hardly say it was a rumour either
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Feb 2019, 00:09

don't think mead has looked anything like the player he was in the world cup. for me he wouldn't get in our first choice 19. theres a lot more than mead that looked good for a few weeks but have disappointed since.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 03 Feb 2019, 00:52

Wish people would stop moving Pete from Full back. He looks solid. If we want a centre/winger then sign a centre/winger.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 03 Feb 2019, 10:40

Swagger wrote:Wish people would stop moving Pete from Full back. He looks solid. If we want a centre/winger then sign a centre/winger.
I don’t think it’s that people don’t agree that he’s solid at fullback, he just lacks that little bit of pace to be a really potent attacking threat from fullback. I personally would prefer him at centre, but accept that he’s the best fullback at the club so should play there.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 03 Feb 2019, 15:29

I'll see second this the power in his drives and the ball handling he has he could be one of the best centres the only down side as said above is he's pace other than that I thought against Catalan he looked head and shoulders above where he was last year he was always near the play and kept turning up where he was needed only the one little blip was his knock on but he had the best game at full back we've seen since Zak imo

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 04 Feb 2019, 09:02

After what I saw of Pete last season and how he played against Catalan, he is my fullback every day of the week. He can defend and he created tries from the back. Be absolutely foolish to move him, he would be wasted in the centre.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 04 Feb 2019, 09:05

Hopefully this is now a lesson to our Australian counterparts who, in the past have been found guilty of bashing their partners, that coming to Super League isn't an escape. There's a good handful currently playing in the NRL who have been found guilty. Do we really want them in our game? absolutely not.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 05 Feb 2019, 00:34

Swagger wrote:Wish people would stop moving Pete from Full back. He looks solid. If we want a centre/winger then sign a centre/winger.
Exactly, good post - we have a full back, our coach has stated he is the full back, we don't need a full back. Just for good measure Pete is the full back.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 05 Feb 2019, 11:08

Andrew6666 wrote:
Exactly, good post - we have a full back, our coach has stated he is the full back, we don't need a full back. Just for good measure Pete is the full back.
So Pete is the full back... Just asking for a friend.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 05 Feb 2019, 15:58

bane73 wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:
So Pete is the full back... Just asking for a friend.
Not sure, heard a rumour that he might be