Clarkson

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Clarkson

Post by heritage1926 » 07 Jan 2019, 18:04

Watts
Millington
Holmes
McMeekan
Milner
Moors
Jesse
Mitch Clark
Cook
Massey
Foster
Wardle
Clarkson
Maher

Can't think of too many teams that can boast forwards like that?!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 07 Jan 2019, 18:13

Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:Would love to have Webster and Hitchcox back, THEY ARE BOTH BETTER THAN WHAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE!! FACT!!!
How can it be fact when we havent seen minikin play centre yet ??

And you would rather have a 36yr old playing centre then a lad coming into him prime. The cracks were showing last year with webster. He could have done a job as a sub for 2nd but we already have 6 of these.

JY is better than Clare yes but then we wouldn't have peanut at FB if JY was still here, so would be even worse off than we are now
We still have a quota spot option so why would we not have Matautia ? Can,t see why we let Jy go if we don't use his quota spot this season. Letting Webster and Jy go as certainly left us with out much cover in the three quarters.
When we signed Mata’utia we had to get rid of jy because we also had QLT so if jy hadn't left we wouldn't of been able to sign Mata’utia im sure if powell wanted he could get him back from Bradford but like said powell had jy behind clare.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 07 Jan 2019, 19:08

What the hell are we doing,we need backs not forwards. Jon wells said the prayority would be a centre.

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CHTiger » 07 Jan 2019, 19:34

jackknife wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:Would love to have Webster and Hitchcox back, THEY ARE BOTH BETTER THAN WHAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE!! FACT!!!

And you would rather have a 36yr old playing centre then a lad coming into him prime. The cracks were showing last year with webster. He could have done a job as a sub for 2nd but we already have 6 of these.

JY is better than Clare yes but then we wouldn't have peanut at FB if JY was still here, so would be even worse off than we are now
We still have a quota spot option so why would we not have Matautia ? Can,t see why we let Jy go if we don't use his quota spot this season. Letting Webster and Jy go as certainly left us with out much cover in the three quarters.
When we signed Mata’utia we had to get rid of jy because we also had QLT so if jy hadn't left we wouldn't of been able to sign Mata’utia im sure if powell wanted he could get him back from Bradford but like said powell had jy behind clare.

Clare is better than JY

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Jan 2019, 19:51

CHTiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:

Clare is better than JY
In your opinion, not that of others.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 07 Jan 2019, 20:34

not clares biggest fan but I think he has better defence qualities than jy.also jy being on quota means sticks edges it for me.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Jan 2019, 21:36

Bramley Tiger wrote:not clares biggest fan but I think he has better defence qualities than jy.also jy being on quota means sticks edges it for me.
Just to clarify, you base your decision on Clare edging Jy on their respective places of birth??? You seriously couldn’t make it up!!!

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 07 Jan 2019, 22:21

Fumper27 wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:not clares biggest fan but I think he has better defence qualities than jy.also jy being on quota means sticks edges it for me.
Just to clarify, you base your decision on Clare edging Jy on their respective places of birth??? You seriously couldn’t make it up!!!
I think what he’s getting at is that tying our last quota spot to a winger who is, at best, the same/similar as an English option prohibits us from adding a quota player to the squad should one become available at any point in the season.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Brainyfrainy

Post by Brainyfrainy » 07 Jan 2019, 22:45

CHTiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:

Clare is better than JY
What you been smoking ?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Jan 2019, 22:51

Clarkson played to a good standard when he played in grand final not sure what happened to him at hkr
Typical Powell signing player with a bit to prove now some he's done very well with others not so good
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Jan 2019, 23:00

tigerfeat wrote:Clarkson played to a good standard when he played in grand final not sure what happened to him at hkr
Typical Powell signing player with a bit to prove now some he's done very well with others not so good
Exactly. If he goes like Alex Foster then win-win. If he goes like Ryan Bailey we will get rid then win-win

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 07 Jan 2019, 23:32

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Clarkson played to a good standard when he played in grand final not sure what happened to him at hkr
Exactly. If he goes like Alex Foster then win-win. If he goes like Ryan Bailey we will get rid then win-win
I just don't see the value with the forward pack we have the fact he's not going to come for peanuts he's never one to get people talking in the good sense were terribly light in the backs imagine if Eden's hammy goes again and shenny tweaks his back. I could even undeestand if he was an out and out prop but he's a backrower at best I hope I end up eating my words but I just don't see it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jan 2019, 00:11

and both take up quota spots
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 Jan 2019, 00:40

Typical Cas signing, may as well pay Craig Harrison Wellsys money, he just pushes all his lads who can't get a club our way. Wouldn't it be novel if we went out and brought in players we actually need.
What as Wells been doing all the off season?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 Jan 2019, 00:41

lurcher wrote:
and both take up quota spots
Webster was not on the quota as he was here before the quota rules changed.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2019, 08:29

Sharlotiger wrote:
Typical Cas signing, may as well pay Craig Harrison Wellsys money, he just pushes all his lads who can't get a club our way. Wouldn't it be novel if we went out and brought in players we actually need.
What as Wells been doing all the off season?
Agree about Craig Harrison unhealthy relationship with the club now
As for wells I posed the question two months ago
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Jan 2019, 11:07

We haven't signed Clarkson. He is on a one month trail.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Jan 2019, 12:00

The 28-year old has joined the rest of the first team squad with a hope of earning a first team contract with the Tigers.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 08 Jan 2019, 12:22

Tigerade wrote:We haven't signed Clarkson. He is on a one month trail.
You woudnt really have him on trial unless you believed you needed a player in that position and the said player was the sort of player you wanted . Why trial him if your not wanting him .

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2019, 12:42

id have no problem signing clarkson if he goes well in training ...its the back -line that needs improving dont need to be einstien to see that
Vince Lombardi