Clarkson

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Clarkson

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2019, 08:29

Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Clarkson played to a good standard when he played in grand final not sure what happened to him at hkr
Typical Powell signing player with a bit to prove now some he's done very well with others not so good
Typical Cas signing, may as well pay Craig Harrison Wellsys money, he just pushes all his lads who can't get a club our way. Wouldn't it be novel if we went out and brought in players we actually need.
What as Wells been doing all the off season?
Agree about Craig Harrison unhealthy relationship with the club now
As for wells I posed the question two months ago
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Jan 2019, 11:07

We haven't signed Clarkson. He is on a one month trail.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Jan 2019, 12:00

The 28-year old has joined the rest of the first team squad with a hope of earning a first team contract with the Tigers.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 08 Jan 2019, 12:22

Tigerade wrote:We haven't signed Clarkson. He is on a one month trail.
You woudnt really have him on trial unless you believed you needed a player in that position and the said player was the sort of player you wanted . Why trial him if your not wanting him .

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2019, 12:42

id have no problem signing clarkson if he goes well in training ...its the back -line that needs improving dont need to be einstien to see that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 08 Jan 2019, 12:54

tigerfeat wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Clarkson played to a good standard when he played in grand final not sure what happened to him at hkr
Typical Powell signing player with a bit to prove now some he's done very well with others not so good
Typical Cas signing, may as well pay Craig Harrison Wellsys money, he just pushes all his lads who can't get a club our way. Wouldn't it be novel if we went out and brought in players we actually need.
Yet he and our ex star player stitched us up and went to Wigan. As for Wells wasn’t a fan when he got the job still not convinced otherwise.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 08 Jan 2019, 12:54

betts21 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Exactly. If he goes like Alex Foster then win-win. If he goes like Ryan Bailey we will get rid then win-win
I just don't see the value with the forward pack we have the fact he's not going to come for peanuts he's never one to get people talking in the good sense were terribly light in the backs imagine if Eden's hammy goes again and shenny tweaks his back. I could even undeestand if he was an out and out prop but he's a backrower at best I hope I end up eating my words but I just don't see it.
Egodo/Gill(if there is a recall option) to wing, peanut to centre, turner to fullback.

I think Powell might be being smart here and giving himself options - if whoever he chooses to play at 7 doesn't go well, he can move McShane there with Milner to 9 and then with Donaldson we have another option at 13 to spell Massey.

I don't think we're in as bad shape as some people on here think. There's a lot of hypocrisy on this forum whereby if we ever lose a young player Powell is demonised as never giving them a chance, this year he brings no one in with the view that if we get injuries, we have a younger crop of players to step up and again Powell is demonised for being unprepared for the season.

Full back: Pete, Turner
Wingers: Eden, Clare, Minikin, Egodo, Gill, Carr
Centres: Shenton, Minikin, Egodo, Pete, Storey

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CHTiger » 08 Jan 2019, 14:05

How can it be fact when we havent seen minikin play centre yet ??

And you would rather have a 36yr old playing centre then a lad coming into him prime. The cracks were showing last year with webster. He could have done a job as a sub for 2nd but we already have 6 of these.

JY is better than Clare yes but then we wouldn't have peanut at FB if JY was still here, so would be even worse off than we are now[/quote]
We still have a quota spot option so why would we not have Matautia ? Can,t see why we let Jy go if we don't use his quota spot this season. Letting Webster and Jy go as certainly left us with out much cover in the three quarters.[/quote]
When we signed Mata’utia we had to get rid of jy because we also had QLT so if jy hadn't left we wouldn't of been able to sign Mata’utia im sure if powell wanted he could get him back from Bradford but like said powell had jy behind clare.[/quote]

Clare is better than JY[/quote]

What you been smoking ?[/quote]

The only thing JY has over Clare is he is a better finisher. All other qualities for example, in defence, under the high ball etc Clare is better.

In regards to what I have been smoking, would you like some?

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 08 Jan 2019, 14:07

BigBez10 wrote: I think Powell might be being smart here and giving himself options -
Agree. Not blown away by this as a potential signing but with Holmes injured, Clarkson adds competition for second row slot whilst also freeing up foster for centre. Extra incentive for minikin to perform and therefore for Clare.
Competition for places drives performances. All has a knock on effect.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Jan 2019, 14:07

tallguyx wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Yet he and our ex star player stitched us up and went to Wigan. As for Wells wasn’t a fan when he got the job still not convinced otherwise.
So you're saying that them 2 were in some sort of conspiracy towards the club, to get ZH a move to Wigan?

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 08 Jan 2019, 15:09

heritage1926 wrote:Watts
Millington
Holmes
McMeekan
Milner
Moors
Jesse
Mitch Clark
Cook
Massey
Foster
Wardle
Clarkson
Maher

Can't think of too many teams that can boast forwards like that?!
I don’t know why you have put Maher on that list I think I could name quite a few amateur teams with better forwards than him total waste of money

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Jan 2019, 16:12

BigBez10 wrote: I think Powell might be being smart here and giving himself options - if whoever he chooses to play at 7 doesn't go well, he can move McShane there with Milner to 9 and then with Donaldson we have another option at 13 to spell Massey.

I don't think we're in as bad shape as some people on here think. There's a lot of hypocrisy on this forum whereby if we ever lose a young player Powell is demonised as never giving them a chance, this year he brings no one in with the view that if we get injuries, we have a younger crop of players to step up and again Powell is demonised for being unprepared for the season.

Hes just signed for leeds
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Jan 2019, 16:32

jackknife wrote:
BigBez10 wrote: I think Powell might be being smart here and giving himself options - if whoever he chooses to play at 7 doesn't go well, he can move McShane there with Milner to 9 and then with Donaldson we have another option at 13 to spell Massey.

Think he means Clarkson

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 08 Jan 2019, 17:20

peter parker wrote:
BigBez10 wrote: I think Powell might be being smart here and giving himself options -
Agree. Not blown away by this as a potential signing but with Holmes injured, Clarkson adds competition for second row slot whilst also freeing up foster for centre. Extra incentive for minikin to perform and therefore for Clare.
Precisely

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 08 Jan 2019, 17:21

Fumper27 wrote:
jackknife wrote:

Think he means Clarkson
Yeah sorry my bad, getting confused with them both being in the news today ](*,)

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 08 Jan 2019, 17:25

BigBez10 wrote:
peter parker wrote:
Precisely
Now you too just cut it out talking sense you’ll have the plebs up in arms not being able to understand your reasoning.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 09 Jan 2019, 20:16

Sharlotiger wrote:
If we employed Harrison I believe we’d have more cap to spend as then agents fees wouldn’t count as he’d be an agent for us and not the players.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Jan 2019, 11:09

da_jimbob_7 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
If we employed Harrison I believe we’d have more cap to spend as then agents fees wouldn’t count as he’d be an agent for us and not the players.
Omg, as if Harrison would gomfor that.
Audacter Et Sincere

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Jan 2019, 14:47

Mysterio wrote:
da_jimbob_7 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Omg, as if Harrison would gomfor that.
Not a chance would he, nor would any of us

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 14 Jan 2019, 21:13

tigerfeat wrote:id have no problem signing clarkson if he goes well in training ...its the back -line that needs improving dont need to be einstien to see that
Or to see that bringing in last season's top tackler at K.R. would be a sound move defensively.