Ikahihifo

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Ikahihifo

Post by fords » 01 Jan 2019, 13:14

bane73 wrote:
True-supporter wrote:
Swagger wrote:Tottenham being part of the top 3 in the premiership this year without signing 1 players shows it can be done. Just need to hope we don't pick up injuries along the way. We have lost Webster and a couple more so injuries would hurt us bad.
As usual we look for any excuse that if we sign nobody we wll do ok. Last year we took nearly a season to sign a fullback this had a major impact on are season.we need to get players in place.
So you want us to pay a bloke, ikahihifo, 160 grand a year, he, never plays a full game has low stamina and isn't a game changer. I know he's strong and has great hands and I'd love him in our side, but, no way would I expect the board to spend that kind of money on a player who only spends half the game on the field.
And now only 8 interchanges per game. Having a bloke on 160k who can only do 20mins a game is not much good to us. Maybe why hudds want rid?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Jan 2019, 13:24

fords wrote:
And now only 8 interchanges per game. Having a bloke on 160k who can only do 20mins a game is not much good to us. Maybe why hudds want rid?
There could be something in that, a Hudds fan told me a while back that Woolford had given him some targets as he wasn't happy with his fitness but he's well short of them. This was apparently the reason that Woolford wanted rid. Only what I was told, but it is the rumours section :lol:

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 02 Jan 2019, 11:19

I don’t think we’ll sign anyone, or, anyone of note this off season and tbh I wouldn’t want us to throw money at just any one to make a few moaning ‘supportes’. I’d be happy to go into the season as we are, then, if someone be comes available ala watts or peanut we can make a move for them.
I expect next off season to be busier with a few big earners deals coming to an end which gives us more in the way of leverage on the salary cap.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 03 Jan 2019, 13:32

People need to think about this... yes Ikahihifo is a good player but imo we already have the best pack in SL and I think considering his fitness etc he would struggle to get into the side .... its a position we are full up on.

For example a typical full strength front row would be

8. Moors
9.Mc Shane
10.Millington
11. Mc Meekan
12. JSL
13. Milner

Bench: Clarke, Watts, Holmes, Foster/Massey/Cook/Wardle

That to me is soild and well covered ... we dont need to waste money on front row

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Jan 2019, 13:40

princeka01 wrote:People need to think about this... yes Ikahihifo is a good player but imo we already have the best pack in SL and I think considering his fitness etc he would struggle to get into the side .... its a position we are full up on.

8. Moors
9.Mc Shane
10.Millington
11. Mc Meekan
12. JSL
13. Milner

That to me is soild and well covered ... we dont need to waste money on front row
Your prob right, however in the last 2yrs it has won us nothing ..... just saying

Now if Zak had not been a silly boy i reckon we would have won the GF or CC in one of those years

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 03 Jan 2019, 14:20

fords wrote:
princeka01 wrote:People need to think about this... yes Ikahihifo is a good player but imo we already have the best pack in SL and I think considering his fitness etc he would struggle to get into the side .... its a position we are full up on.

8. Moors
9.Mc Shane
10.Millington
11. Mc Meekan
12. JSL
13. Milner

Your prob right, however in the last 2yrs it has won us nothing ..... just saying

Now if Zak had not been a silly boy i reckon we would have won the GF or CC in one of those years

The pack we had last year got us that 3rd position ..most of the trys came from the forwards.. we was clueless in the backs with same plays and dis-organised .. there is only so much the forwards can do and last year you cant say a bad word about them.

Certain choices of fullback/other backs.

As a whole mental composure cost us... which is the whole team... something powell needs to work on

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Jan 2019, 19:44

princeka01 wrote:
fords wrote:

8. Moors
9.Mc Shane
10.Millington
11. Mc Meekan
12. JSL
13. Milner

The pack we had last year got us that 3rd position ..most of the trys came from the forwards.. we was clueless in the backs with same plays and dis-organised .. there is only so much the forwards can do and last year you cant say a bad word about them.

As a whole mental composure cost us... which is the whole team... something powell needs to work on
And 2019 will have the same backs minus webster ......

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 04 Jan 2019, 09:43

fords wrote:
princeka01 wrote:
fords wrote:

8. Moors
9.Mc Shane
10.Millington
11. Mc Meekan
12. JSL
13. Milner

Yes we will but my main argument is we dont need anymore forwards

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Jan 2019, 15:03

princeka01 wrote:
fords wrote:
princeka01 wrote:
fords wrote:

8. Moors
9.Mc Shane
10.Millington
11. Mc Meekan
12. JSL
13. Milner

Yes we will but my main argument is we dont need anymore forwards
If the deal that Powell had wanted gone through we wouldn't have had any more forwards it would have rebalanced the pack swopping a second row where we have plenty of good options for another quality prop.