Recruitment

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Recruitment

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Aug 2018, 07:42

We have the same make up of squad as every other team in super league 23 or so players who are your main men and 7 or 8 who are younger players we will have the deepest squad by the time it's kick off time for the start of the 2019 season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 31 Aug 2018, 08:16

ERG2012 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Scoopage wrote:Everyone keeps saying this karelleah guy for full back.how good is he?can he step upto super league level?not been funny just don’t know much about the guy
Average at best
Not a top 8 SL fullback nevermind top 4

Folk need to realise the fullback role is an integral part of a teams succession and not to be used as a square peg in a round hole

he's an actual full back. so that's hardly a square peg round hole like Roberts and Trueman were. I would prefer Peter at the back and a new centre anyway.
I was referring to the fact folk seem to think it's a position where a winger/centre/HB can be moved to fill a bit spot. I'm well aware he's a out and out FB - though not good enough to play top 4

And after last night's performance neither is Jamie Shaul....

I'd have ZH back and put PM at centre - just my personal thoughts.
In an ideal world i think we all would and may have done for the next 3yrs if he hadn't f**ked us over.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 31 Aug 2018, 08:39

If u watch Mark Kheirallah highlights on YouTube most of the games on there hes playing half back so has he just become a full back since playing for Toulouse?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 31 Aug 2018, 10:40

ERG2012 wrote:
Scoopage wrote:Everyone keeps saying this karelleah guy for full back.how good is he?can he step upto super league level?not been funny just don’t know much about the guy
Average at best

Folk need to realise the fullback role is an integral part of a teams succession and not to be used as a square peg in a round hole
'Average at best'? He's above that rating. He'd slide into most super league sides. I think he'd do very well at Cas. He's an actual full back so not a square peg at all. With one confirmed attempt for him and another rumoured second one Powell and Wells think differently. Wells in particular speaks very highly of him. How many players in the past did we all think weren't good enough...

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 31 Aug 2018, 10:45

fords wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Average at best

he's an actual full back. so that's hardly a square peg round hole like Roberts and Trueman were. I would prefer Peter at the back and a new centre anyway.
I was referring to the fact folk seem to think it's a position where a winger/centre/HB can be moved to fill a bit spot. I'm well aware he's a out and out FB - though not good enough to play top 4

And after last night's performance neither is Jamie Shaul....

I'd have ZH back and put PM at centre - just my personal thoughts.
In an ideal world i think we all would and may have done for the next 3yrs if he hadn't f**ked us over.
We were truly and utterly spoilt with Zak.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 31 Aug 2018, 11:00

In an ideal world i think we all would and may have done for the next 3yrs if he hadn't f**ked us over.[/quote]

We were truly and utterly spoilt with Zak.[/quote]

We were, our club as never had a world class player in the same mould as hardaker

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 31 Aug 2018, 11:02

jackknife wrote:If u watch Mark Kheirallah highlights on YouTube most of the games on there hes playing half back so has he just become a full back since playing for Toulouse?
Think the bulk of the highlight clips on there are from 7/8 years ago when he played for the Roosters' feeder club Newtown Jets were he played 7. He played fullback on his NRL debut, he can play halfback but is an out and out 1.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Aug 2018, 11:20

old cas lass wrote:In an ideal world i think we all would and may have done for the next 3yrs if he hadn't f**ked us over.

We were, our club as never had a world class player in the same mould as hardaker[/quote]
We've had many world class players tho mal Reilly best player I've ever seen play the game
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 31 Aug 2018, 11:49

Frankas wrote:We still have a big squad although I wold like a couple of players bringing in, I think, Minakin will play more at center next season.
1, Mat'utia 2 Clare, 3, Minakin, 4, Shenton, 5, Eden, 6, Truman, 7, Gale, 8, Moors, 9, Mc'Shane, 10, Millington, 11, Holmes
12, Mc'Meeken, 13, Milner, 14, Massey, 15, JSL, 16, Watts, 17, Foster, 18, Cook, 19,Wardle, 20,Turner, 21, Gill, 22, Ellis, 23, Clark, 24 O'Neil, 25,Aston, 26,Egodo, 27, Douglas,28, Maher, 29, Springer ?. 30, Butterworth, 31, Storey, 32, Carr, 33 Bustin

If or when we do bring anymore players in, it will make a strong squad even stronger
Not sure if Douglas,o Neil, springer, butterworth will even be at the club, Carr is only part time and bustin as 100% left. As for Aston will he ever play,given the problems we've had with missing half backs this year you can only assume he just isn't good enough to play super league. It's a very strange carry on paying someone just to train and a waste of resources in a salary cap sport.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 31 Aug 2018, 11:59

MØL wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Average at best

'Average at best'? He's above that rating. He'd slide into most super league sides. I think he'd do very well at Cas. He's an actual full back so not a square peg at all. With one confirmed attempt for him and another rumoured second one Powell and Wells think differently. Wells in particular speaks very highly of him. How many players in the past did we all think weren't good enough...
You would think he'd have slipped in a bit sooner being 28. And we're not most SL teams were a top 4/5 SL team. Which in my eyes changes the dynamics of recruitment of a spine position.

Just my opinion buddy

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 31 Aug 2018, 13:11

old cas lass wrote:In an ideal world i think we all would and may have done for the next 3yrs if he hadn't f**ked us over.

We were, our club as never had a world class player in the same mould as hardaker[/quote]
We've had plenty. But not many altogether at the same time with such a good coach.
To name a few:
Nikau
Blackmore
Chase
Daz Clark
Crooksy
JJ
Mal Reilly
Alan Hardisty
Dennis Hartley

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Aug 2018, 13:17

Kevin ward was a world class player
Vince Lombardi

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 31 Aug 2018, 14:46

tigerfeat wrote:Kevin ward was a world class player
Wardy was surely the best prop in the world in his pomp!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 31 Aug 2018, 14:55

tigerfeat wrote:
We've had many world class players tho mal Reilly best player I've ever seen play the game[/quote]

Sorry tigerfeat I meant in the SL era.
Not in the same mould as ZH.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Aug 2018, 14:57

Tigerwood posse wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Kevin ward was a world class player
Wardy was surely the best prop in the world in his pomp!!
He was mate ...a beast
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Aug 2018, 14:59

old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
We were, our club as never had a world class player in the same mould as hardaker
We've had many world class players tho mal Reilly best player I've ever seen play the game[/quote]

Not in the same mould as ZH.[/quote]
Thought that didn't seem rate ha ...yeah we've had some great players at cas all years I been watching
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 31 Aug 2018, 15:01

tigerfeat wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
We've had many world class players tho mal Reilly best player I've ever seen play the game
Not in the same mould as ZH.[/quote]
Thought that didn't seem rate ha ...yeah we've had some great players at cas all years I been watching[/quote]

We certainly have and I can go along way back, I’ve witnessed some great players on the hallowed turf.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Aug 2018, 15:06

Me too ...if we have as many at new ground we be doing well I think
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Sep 2018, 06:49

Weve had 3 man of steel players over last 10 years chase, clark n gale aswell as hardaker although his was at leeds.

Also few runners up solomona n hardaker
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Sep 2018, 11:56

also adrian vowles got man of steel.
jo brand is eddie warings love child